Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Old 23rd August 2002, 16:33   #1  |  Link
Tyris
Programmer

Possible with Drag and Drop?

As part of an automatic reauthoring program I'm working on, I'm trying to find ways to simulate drag and drop. The only way I can think of to do this would be to find out what IDropTarget is registered for a certain window and then call its Drop function. The problem is there's no easy way to get the IDropTarget for a specific window. I've been asking about this on various OLE newsgroups, but no one seems to know. I found an old post (about 5 years ago by Chris Becke) on a newsgroup where someone was describing this very thing, but I haven't been able to contact him. He only said in the post that you would need to trace the DoDragDrop function (in the OLE dll) to find out what it does. Is that possible? Any help you can give would be greatly appreaciated. I really can't finish up my project without this. Thanks!!