Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 31st August 2010, 04:10   #181  |  Link
AlanHK

I wrote this a year ago, no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
I notice that if I do "Analyze Sound" that SoundOut gives a report on each channel, starting from zero:
Channel[0]
Channel[1]
etc.

However, Avisynth's GetChannel() numbers from 1. So the corresponding channels are off by one.

Shouldn't SoundOut conform to GetChannel's numbering?
Since Soundout is going to become an internal function, surely it should use the same channel numbering as other Avisynth functions?

If there is a reason for this not to be so, please explain.

EDIT:
Checking the "current" download, it hasn't been updated for three years. So I guess there isn't much chance of any response from the author, let alone an update.

Last edited by AlanHK; 31st August 2010 at 07:01.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:43   #182  |  Link
a451guy451
Xbox Live: o 4lif o

I'd love to see this thing get updated too. It seems, if it really is going to be included in v2.6, that there must be some kind of recent work done on it.
a451guy451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:06   #183  |  Link
a451guy451
Xbox Live: o 4lif o

When I try to make MP2 files at CBR 384kbps, they all seem to cut short and produce 256kb files. VBR gives me 0kb files. Anybody else experience this at all? I've tried it on a few different machines. Seems to be the only "broken" part of this plugin I can find (but it could just be me).
a451guy451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 13:58   #184  |  Link
Raptus
heretic nuB

Thank you for this plugin.

I'm also experiencing hangs on exit when using showprogress = false. Thats with an AVS script fed into x264, writing the audio to WAV. With showprogress = true and autoclose = true it works as expected.
Raptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:16   #185  |  Link
Wilbert

I compiled it for the latest AviSynth 2.6 (with VC2005 express): http://www.wilbertdijkhof.com/SoundOut26-1.1.1.zip

I will commit the changes soon and I hope i didn't break anything So please let me know if something is not working anymore which used to work before.

A final note. Getting this to compile was one thing, but to fix bugs or add new features to it (i like to see an aac encoder for example) is way over my head.

Last edited by Wilbert; 23rd August 2015 at 17:35.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 01:14   #186  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
A final note. Getting this to compile was one thing, but to fix bugs or add new features to it (i like to see an aac encoder for example) is way over my head.
Thanks for the update!
Not that important, but while you at it, maybe you can at least update some libraries? FLAC and wavpack could have a nice update. Not sure if there is any point to touch other formats. (personally I don't see the reason to use this plugin for anything other than creating intermediate files, where lossless/uncompressed is the way to go)
Also no one needs AAC encoder. The most used ones that are topping listening tests can't be included in this plugin anyway.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 24th November 2013 at 01:18.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 13:07   #187  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Also no one needs AAC encoder. The most used ones that are topping listening tests can't be included in this plugin anyway.
Can't be included but we always can use the command line output syntax:

SoundOut(type=1, format=1, executable="D:\Program\qaac.exe", prefilename="-V 99 --ignorelength -o", postfilename="-")
Old 24th November 2013, 22:18   #188  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Thanks for the update!
Not that important, but while you at it, maybe you can at least update some libraries? FLAC and wavpack could have a nice update.
Yes I will try so. May take a while though, i want to do other things first. Btw, Sh0dan downgraded FLAC tot v1.2.0 on purpose. What's the deal with that?

Quote:
You mean because of licensing issues? I was thinking about fdkaac. Is that one not good enough?
Old 24th November 2013, 22:40   #189  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Can't be included but we always can use the command line output syntax:

SoundOut(type=1, format=1, executable="D:\Program\qaac.exe", prefilename="-V 99 --ignorelength -o", postfilename="-")
Yes, of course... but I don't really see why would you want to go to such extreme instead of using this encoder without avisynth...
Edit: besides how will it really work? There will be some note in the readme that says: here is a new feature, aac encoder. But for that you absolutely have to use commandline! Also QuickTime or winamp (in case of fgh) are required for it to function... Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
You mean because of licensing issues? I was thinking about fdkaac. Is that one not good enough?
Well, yes and no. If we are to trust guys from hydrogenaudio, the most popular encoders are the one from apple (for which qaac or qtaacenc are used to get access to) or fghaac from winamp. Neither is opensource. If not these two, FDK is probably what one would use, but here some licensing issues may arise. I don't really follow this project, but from what I understand there are some serious issues so that people are staying away from distributing it in binary form. Which is kinda required for the avisynth plugin... People are even building automated scripts for users so that it will fetch the source code, mingw and will automatically build the encoder for them. There have to be a good reason for that.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 24th November 2013 at 23:03.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 23:27   #190  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha
If not these two, FDK is probably what one would use, but here some licensing issues may arise. I don't really follow this project, but from what I understand there are some serious issues so that people are staying away from distributing it in binary form. Which is kinda required for the avisynth plugin...
I stumbled on the reason, so i though i will post it here. I guess the consensus is point 3 of their license: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/...aac/+copyright makes it (L)GPL incompatible:

Quote:
"You may use this FDK AAC Codec software or modifications thereto only
for purposes that are authorized by appropriate patent licenses."
See for example http://patches.libav.org/patch/24437/ or http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linu...oo.devel/79027.

Last edited by Wilbert; 8th December 2013 at 23:31.
Old 11th August 2018, 13:54   #191  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

SoundOut 1.1.1 commandline usage format is documented wrong !

SoundOut 1.1.1 commandline usage format is documented wrong !

format=-2 throws an error..
format=-1 delivers a 32-bit float header only.
format=0 delivers 8bit Unsigned Integer
format=1 delivers 16bit Little Endian Signed Integer
format=2 delivers 24bit Little Endian Signed Integer
format=3 delivers 32bit Little Endian Signed Integer
format=4 delivers 32bit float
format=5 makes Avisynth hang forever.

If format is unspecified it delivers source format unchanged, fine (in my test case 24bit Little Endian Signed Integer)

Who has access to the documentation may correct that.

Last edited by Emulgator; 11th August 2018 at 13:58.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 10:46   #192  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
format=0 delivers 8bit Unsigned Integer
format=1 delivers 16bit Little Endian Signed Integer
format=2 delivers 24bit Little Endian Signed Integer
format=3 delivers 32bit Little Endian Signed Integer
format=4 delivers 32bit float
I can confirm that, but for me:

format=5 delivers 32bit float also.