Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th July 2009, 14:44   #1561  |  Link
Mrsash

buzz cant seem to get HDC working. I have installed everything as advised. I don't remember where to give ffdshow DVD support.

F$%&&%^&*^. Just worked after reinstall of Avisynth. God hate codecs of all kind

Last edited by Mrsash; 16th July 2009 at 14:55.
Mrsash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 15:18   #1562  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Mrsash, don't worry, you are not alone

just install (in that order)

avisynth
ffdshow tryout
haali media splitter
xvid

should be enough

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 19:32   #1563  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
De-selecting "Use Multithread AviSynth" changes the .ini correctly to "Use Multithread AviSynth=0", however the .avs script still includes
#Enabling MT
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(2,0)
and avisynth runs multi-threaded.
Works correctly now with the latest update 3425, thanks.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 19:56   #1564  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

thanks Sharc

BHH
Old 16th July 2009, 20:36   #1565  |  Link
Sharc

When I do a compression test I notice that progress becomes slower and slower towards the end of the test (towards the end of the compression test - say from 90% onwards - the x264 pauses between samples become very long and disk activity is permanently high). Any idea why?
Old 16th July 2009, 20:57   #1566  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

on all sources and decoder ? or is bind to a particular source ?

BHH
Old 16th July 2009, 21:41   #1567  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
on all sources and decoder ? or is bind to a particular source ?
I noticed it on m2ts sources (normally big files). Decoder (most probably) is directshowsource. It's not new, I had the effect with previous HDC versions as well.
I don't know if its the same for other sources/decoders. I'll check later.

Last edited by Sharc; 16th July 2009 at 21:43.
Old 17th July 2009, 07:12   #1568  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

coreavc or ffdshow as decoder ?

BHH

P.S. anyway this problem doesn't belong to HDC...
Old 17th July 2009, 15:46   #1569  |  Link
gr1mmj0w

Hey Guys, you guys have done a great job. I love this program, I seem to have run into a small issue though, I tried to re-encode an .mts file I had into a .h264 (.mp4 container) file and the video works fine but when using AC3, seems WMP/ps3 does not detect sound. Only VLC player does. I tried with Nero AAC andthat worked fine but if the original file was AC3 from the .mts file why wouldn't .ac3 work on any of my conversions? so any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks gain and I hope this will be my new home for my video/audio conversion needs Also, not when I try the older version, when it's finishing encoding and all, the file isn't in the location that I saved it to. I can't find it at all lol.

also, did the new version get updated on the OP?
gr1mmj0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:19   #1570  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Hi gr1mmj0w and Welcome to the Forum!

ac3 in MP4 isn't standard and so not all player support it. I can suggest to install haali media splitter.
better solution is MKV

Quote:
lso, not when I try the older version, when it's finishing encoding and all, the file isn't in the location that I saved it to. I can't find it at all lol.
HDC will save in it's on folder when NO output file is specified. ALSO no output file is done when you got problem muxing
Quote:
also, did the new version get updated on the OP?
i cannot understud... please explain better , thanks!

BHH
Old 17th July 2009, 16:28   #1571  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:

BHH

ffdshow - if I remember correctly.
Could it be related to the random seek problem?

Last edited by Sharc; 17th July 2009 at 17:20.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:53   #1572  |  Link
Chengbin

buzzqw, can you make HDC remember a resolution like in AutoMKV? I'm tired of changing the resolution every time I choose a video file. It takes forever to build a queue.
Chengbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 18:05   #1573  |  Link
Sharc

@buzzqw
It appears the the compression test does not consider the "x264 Tuning" selection. This gives inaccurate compression test results. The compression test should run with the same encoder settings as will be used for the real encode.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:07   #1574  |  Link
Mrsash

Buzz I have a problem. Set a DVD after a while today. It went through and did the audio then chapterx ran and then it just stopped. hdconverttox_vts_01_1.avs when opened in virtualdub says

Script error: there is no function names "SetMTMode"
(D:\.......\hdconverttox_vts_01_1.avs, line 76)

Hmm ok. Think I fixed it

When I reinstalled avisynth it placed a dll in system32 folder.
System32 already had "Dlls and Buildlogs" folder. However to get it working I had to copy the dll from this folder and overwrote dll in system folder. The encode started when I pressed encode. what I am worried about though is if I click on analyze again it may give me "please check media file" error again

Last edited by Mrsash; 17th July 2009 at 18:23.
Mrsash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 19:14   #1575  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chengbin View Post
buzzqw, can you make HDC remember a resolution like in AutoMKV? I'm tired of changing the resolution every time I choose a video file. It takes forever to build a queue.
i'll look..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
@buzzqw
It appears the the compression test does not consider the "x264 Tuning" selection. This gives inaccurate compression test results. The compression test should run with the same encoder settings as will be used for the real encode.
yep.. will fix tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsash View Post
what I am worried about though is if I click on analyze again it may give me "please check media file" error again
i should have fixd it... but i'll look

BHH
Old 17th July 2009, 21:22   #1576  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
Hey Guys, you guys have done a great job. I love this program, I seem to have run into a small issue though, I tried to re-encode an .mts file I had into a .h264 (.mp4 container) file and the video works fine but when using AC3, seems WMP/ps3 does not detect sound. Only VLC player does. I tried with Nero AAC and that worked fine but if the original file was AC3 from the .mts file why wouldn't .ac3 work on any of my conversions? so any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks gain and I hope this will be my new home for my video/audio conversion needs
Quote:
ac3 in MP4 isn't standard and so not all player support it. I can suggest to install haali media splitter.
better solution is MKV
Actually AC3 in MP4 was only recently added to the MP4 specifications, which is why support is so spotty at the moment. If you want you audio to work universally across different platforms stick with the (safe) AAC format.
Old 18th July 2009, 05:36   #1577  |  Link
gr1mmj0w

Quote:
Hi gr1mmj0w and Welcome to the Forum!

better solution is MKV

HDC will save in it's on folder when NO output file is specified. ALSO no output file is done when you got problem muxing

i cannot understud... please explain better , thanks!

BHH
Thanks for the welcome

ahh see my only reason for not using .mkv is I want to host these on my nasbox to stream to my ps3

I guess I can go mp4/aac. thx much.

I recall you updating the hdconvertTox.exe, I was curious if the links on the original post were updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Actually AC3 in MP4 was only recently added to the MP4 specifications, which is why support is so spotty at the moment. If you want you audio to work universally across different platforms stick with the (safe) AAC format.
ahhh cool thx much.
gr1mmj0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 06:17   #1578  |  Link
Crono141

Buzz, not sure if you can answer this, but hopefully someone else can:

What kind of settings should I use to convert to zune compatible mp4. My strategy is to have all my DVDs backed up to h264/AC3 inside MKV. Problem is Zune software won't see mkv for syncing, so I'm going to have to have a dumped folder of duplicate files with zune compatible resolutions/codecs. Problem is, I can't ever find any definitive answers to what zune 120 needs for compatibility, and all the "convert to zune" programs are garbage.

EDIT: I also have a feature request: When HDC has to convert an input file to mkv for compatibility, can we have the file name of the MKV be the same as input file name? And if not (we may not need to for what I need), can the default output name of a converted file be the same as the input file name? If I have a default output directory and I'm making a long queue with multiple files being converted to "fullmovie.mkv", aren't I going to get alot of output files with the same name in my default out directory? And even if I don't, I'll still have to go back manually after the operation to rename all those files.

Last edited by Crono141; 18th July 2009 at 07:04.
Crono141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 07:27   #1579  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono141 View Post
EDIT: I also have a feature request: When HDC has to convert an input file to mkv for compatibility, can we have the file name of the MKV be the same as input file name? And if not (we may not need to for what I need), can the default output name of a converted file be the same as the input file name? If I have a default output directory and I'm making a long queue with multiple files being converted to "fullmovie.mkv", aren't I going to get alot of output files with the same name in my default out directory? And even if I don't, I'll still have to go back manually after the operation to rename all those files.
use the update fuction

Quote:
fixed too

BHH

EDIT: now i am working on not supported files.. i hope to get a better solution

Last edited by buzzqw; 18th July 2009 at 07:36.
Old 18th July 2009, 08:59   #1580  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:

BHH

It's really strange. Up to about 94% the compression test runs normal. Then the CPU usage goes significantly down and progress becomes slow. At about 95% the CPU is almost idling, and compression test continues extremely slow. So the last 5 % of the compression test take much more time that the first 90%.
(Just now the process seems to stay at 96.1% with no visible progress, x264 gets no cpu time at all .... no progress since about 10 minutes).

Tags
bluray, hdc, hdconverttox, m2ts, network media tank, playstation, x264 gui