Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 5th November 2005, 22:42   #1  |  Link
amorphis

Convert WMV and MPEG to DVD

Can WMV and MPEG video files be converted to DVD? If so, how?
amorphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2005, 00:23   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

One set of procedures regarding MPEGs (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) If not already DVD-compliant, use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this (This step may not be necessary, if your MPEG-2 files are already in DVD compliant format)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)
You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
(As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 23:59   #3  |  Link
amorphis

Thanks setarip_old for your advice.
I havn't tried "TMPGEnc" yet but before I read your reply I tried "NeroVision" and converted some WMV files to DVD which worked OK but when I tried to create a DVD over 4.37 GB and save it to my hard drive "NeroVision" froze after 2 hours of encoding. Have you any suggestions?
amorphis is offline   Reply With Quote