Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th March 2004, 00:11   #1  |  Link
DaRarenunikeone

Re-encoding extra Features (that haves 60 Fps video)

I love all of the guides on here with CCE.. and all of the batch and do it all for you's but i was wondering.. when i re encode my extra features (that have parts of the video where it looks like 60 fps (watching a tv show).. the frame drops down to the 29.97 i was wondering if i re encoded the extra features without the deinterlace option in the CCE, would they appear like 60 fps in my dvd player (as the original does).. if anyone understanda what iam saying.. please help
DaRarenunikeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2004, 02:13   #2  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Well.. all NTSC is encoded at 29.97 FPS and PAL is 25FPS.

if you are referring to the combing effect you get when watching interlaced material, then I'm not sure what it you are trying to accomplish??
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2004, 15:39   #3  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

i THINK what he is referring to the 59.94 FIELDS per second of interlace. Since we deinterlace down to 29.97 it messes up the motion. basically you can keep it interlaced.. but would require manual intervention. Fmalibu might be more insightful than I am about that. Although i have thought about it, since the output can only be truely tested on my TV... i have shyed away from messing with it.. also it is in many opinions harder on the encoder to encode in interlace.
Old 14th March 2004, 19:13   #4  |  Link
DaRarenunikeone

Exactly.. that smooth fps when ya see it on tv and it looks like a comb on the pc.. how do you re encode a movie keeping the smooth frame rate.. but compressing it.. is there a script file or anything i can do to make that happen with the compresed size.. thanks for th help in advance
Old 15th March 2004, 14:27   #5  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

If you want to keep the motion smooth yopu have to encode as interlaced I believe. Downside of this is that interlaced material needs a lot of bitrate to look good.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2004, 07:17   #6  |  Link
DaRarenunikeone

cool

I tried to re encode it.. but when i do it cce will show the file being bigger than the expected size and then while the prgress is like 22% the file size gets small again and gets bigger and does the same.. is that a glitch in cce or it suposed to encode like that?
Old 16th March 2004, 07:35   #7  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

hmmm. Well I guess you're talking multiple passes here

So each pass the file starts at 0 and becomes bigger, untill the next pass starts again etc.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote