Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 18th September 2002, 22:28   #1  |  Link
yomper

Dvd with all the menus

I am probably going to get flamed for saying i haven't looked hard enough but is there an online guide with pictures that will show me how to do a full dvd, with all the menus and extras. i dont want the subtitles or foreign language so i must be able to delete those.
I am new to this and i can rip full dvds if there under 4.3 gig as easy as pie and i can also re encode using rempg2 to make the m2v smaller so all i get is the movie. i would like to be able to learn to do the full dvds as some have a few cools bits like monsters inc for instance.
i use winXP pro so i hear theres problems with ifo edit, but ifo edit works fine after i author a dvd and makes the aspect ratio ok and it also gets the vts sectors, so if this works what doesnt it do with winxp?
If anyone has a link to a site, and yes i have been on every site nearly on doom just would like one without ifo edit if it doesnt work with winXP.
also a link to what proggys i cpuld use and it doesnt matter what they are as i have most of them already.
TIA
Yomper
yomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 14:34   #2  |  Link
auenf

i havent seen the monsters inc dvd, but for all the advanced features, you will want to use DVDMaestro, or Sonic/Daikin Scenarist, and doom9 has a guide for each including full copy (maestro): http://doom9.org/mpg/maestro2.htm, scen guide: http://doom9.org/mpg/scenarist.htm, and DVDMaestro guide: http://doom9.org/mpg/maestro.htm (and yes they all have pretty pictures).

also other DVD based guides at http://doom9.org/mpg/dvdr-guides.htm

and you arent going to get flamed, cause there are rules here.

if those guides dont help you, then try to ask for help in a specific part you are getting stuck with.

Enf...
auenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 15:12   #3  |  Link
yomper

Thanks a lot for the help i am going to have a look now, touch wood in a short while i'll be a dvd master LOL
Old 20th September 2002, 14:28   #4  |  Link
auenf

Quote:
Originally posted by yomper
Thanks a lot for the help i am going to have a look now, touch wood in a short while i'll be a dvd master LOL
you are never a DVD Master, you will always learn new tricks.

Enf...
auenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 12:36   #5  |  Link
creesto

Nicely put auenf
creesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 17:49   #6  |  Link
yomper

Yep i agree i was just kidding. I will just be happy to do a few successfull different ways of copying dvds then i will be over the moon.
Old 8th October 2002, 07:43   #7  |  Link
DirtyAbdul
"Free your mind..."

i have a very similar question and i actually posted it here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35180) before i found this thread. but i'd like to work with tools that are freely available like ifoedit, vobedit, rempeg, etc.

i'm just wondering (newbie question ): theoretically, isn't it possible to just rip the whole DVD, rempeg the vobs containing the movie and trailers to a reasonable size (let's not consider the picture quality), remux the m2v-files, push the "get vts sector" button in ifoedit, and have a "working" dvd with all the menus (including selectable subtitles/audio/commentary)??? since this idea is obviously too simple (otherwise some brainiac would have come up with it already), could somebody tell me where my misunderstanding lies?

thanks in advance.

DA

ps: i'm not interested in getting my butt kicked if this question was too easy -- my wife does it already (hahaha -- just kidding , she's a sweet "tribble"). i rather need some constructive input
Asus P4C800 Deluxe mobo; P4 2.8E GHz (o/c'ed to 3.2 GHz); Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu heatsink; 1 GB DDR-4200; 431 W PSU (EnerMax EG465P-VE); ATI AIW Radeon 9800Pro w/ Arctic VGA Silencer v2; 80 GB (Maxtor 6 L080L4), 40 GB (WD400BB-32BSA0); Samsung 160 GB (SP1614N); 2x160 GB (ST3160023A) as RAID-1; Nec DVD+/-RW ND2500A (Firmware 1.06 RPC-1); Lite-On SOHC-5232K; Antec (SLK-3000AMB); Windows XP SP1

Laptop Sager NP5660:
1.8 P4, 1600x1200 TFT w/ ATI Radeon Mobility 9000, 512 MB, 60 GB HDD (5400 RPM), DVD/CD-RW Teac DW224E, D-Link AirPlus DWL-650+ (802.11b WiFi), external Pioneer DVR-105 (Firmware 1.30 RPC-1) via IEEE-1394

Last edited by DirtyAbdul; 8th October 2002 at 07:49.
DirtyAbdul is offline   Reply With Quote