Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 20th January 2017, 17:40   #42101  |  Link
baii

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post

EDIT: Red line solved, problem was related to "Radeon Settings". I disabled 'Demo Mode' and problem solved, but why problem disappears if i disable Madvr too? Just curious...
Wild guess, it is a interlaced 60i movie and madvr is asking the GPU to do dxva deinterlacing, which make everything go through the GPU processing.

I am not sure everyone s consent on deinterlacing method, but I personally had switch everything interlaced to Weston complex in lav video to avoid thing going through GPU processing.
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 19:02   #42102  |  Link
JarrettH

Madshi's profiles tutorial:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...17#post1271417
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 22:45   #42103  |  Link
flashmozzg

I have the problem with latest (though not sure for how long, maybe a year) versions of madVR: in MPC-HC (latest stable release) if I go fullscreen and right click (for options) the screen goes black and mpc starts hogging up the memory (~4 GB) and using 60% of the CPU until I shut it down from Task Manager. Using EVR, ir right-clicking in windowed mode is fine. Is this a known issue with madVR/mpc-hc?
Win 10 x64, r9 290

Last edited by flashmozzg; 21st January 2017 at 00:09.
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 22:57   #42104  |  Link
petran79

I have an issue with MadVR
Suddenly GPU load reaches 90% in Full Screen, while previously it would go 40-50 % max with NNEDI3 256. Even if I use only Jinc it goes up to 60%.Both in Potplayer and MPC. An Nvidia GTX1080 shouldnt have any issues
FPS output is 60 fps though sometimes it went up to 300.
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 00:00   #42105  |  Link
Pat357

Check powersaving "mode" in Nvdia CP.

Make sure it's not on "optimal" : set to "adaptive" instead.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 00:52   #42106  |  Link
derpycat

I'm also having a huge issue with Nvidia (GTX 1070). In FS exclusive I'm getting no actual dropped or delayed frames or presentation glitches, but I'm getting extremely noticeable stutter. Rendering time is something like 35ms, not the ~41 at which you start seeing problems. Windowed mode actually reduces rendering time by about 10ms and eliminates the stuttering.

I've got my card at full power for mpc-hc, and it's happening in hi10p videos.

However, this only happens with NGU Very High. With NGU set to High instead, rendering times are ~15.5ms for both exclusive and fullscreen, and no stutter.

Last edited by derpycat; 21st January 2017 at 01:03.
derpycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 01:09   #42107  |  Link
petran79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
Check powersaving "mode" in Nvdia CP.

Make sure it's not on "optimal" : set to "adaptive" instead.
Seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks a lot. I'd never have guessed it
Old 21st January 2017, 09:14   #42108  |  Link
fuzz!

Zoom Control

Hi Madshi,

Thanks so much for the awesome software - it's truly world class.

I would like to propose a couple of tweaks to zoom control if it's not too bold;

1. Change the "reduce bar size" option from a drop-down to a numeric where we can enter any percentage (25% is often a bit low whereas 50% can sometimes be severe)

2. If it's possible to detect scene changes (not sure - don't think a simple wait for an I-frame would do) it would be great to initiate zoom on a scene change so it's not noticeable to the user. This way movies that change aspect ratio (eg. IMAX titles like Interstellar/The Dark Knight) could become a seemless blend of full-frame and zoomed content.

If it's not too much work I think these would improve the zoom control experience

Thanks again!
fuzz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 10:20   #42109  |  Link
petran79

Did latest Windows 10 update (14xxx) break NNEDI support?
Madvr reverts to Jinc if I choose it.
Old 21st January 2017, 12:17   #42110  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by petran79 View Post
Did latest Windows 10 update (14xxx) break NNEDI support?
Madvr reverts to Jinc if I choose it.
Big Windows updates tend to mess with your drivers. Try reinstalling the latest drivers for your graphics card.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 17:18   #42111  |  Link
nekromantik

Anyone here got a Kaby Lake iGPU and could test NGU Low + Bicubic AR 60 on 1080p to 2160p?
Thanks
nekromantik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 17:41   #42112  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Anyone here got a Kaby Lake iGPU and could test NGU Low + Bicubic AR 60 on 1080p to 2160p?
Thanks
From what I hear Intel's drivers don't even support Kaby Lake iGPUs yet, or at least some of them.
Old 21st January 2017, 21:44   #42113  |  Link
nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
From what I hear Intel's drivers don't even support Kaby Lake iGPUs yet, or at least some of them.
Nope version 15.45 for Windows supports 620. Which is the one Im interested in.
nekromantik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:56   #42114  |  Link
Prinz

I bought a new card Nvidia 1060 6GB, the card was defective (windows restored driver regularly), I RMA'd the card and now got it back. Now that I could test the card i have a lot of issues:

1. A lot of frame drops/repeats when using the HDMI audio device per Direct Sound. Using the HDMI audio device without Direct Sound results in just normal repeats/drops because of not exact Hz of the TV to the video, but in this mode only some Audio Formats work (DTS + HD don't work = AVR switches all the time the decoding on/off).

2. Even stranger: When starting playback in MadVR the system clock gets slow (about 10 seconds too slow per minute). Works perfectly without.

So my current choice is between no visible frame repeats/drops with only a few audio formats and all audio formats with massive frame repeats/drops regularly.

My question is: Is it possible that this is not normal and the card is still defective and courses all the issues and I should it RMA again?

I have no problems with my old ATI card (that card can't do HD Audio).
Prinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:32   #42115  |  Link
huhn

what is "without" direct audio?

can you clearify that?
what is 10 sec to slow minute. this doesn't make any sense.

at your "Question".
of cause this has to work.
but what is your OS with version please? you can find the version under "system information"

can you make a screen of the OSD with the problem?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:34   #42116  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz View Post
I bought a new card Nvidia 1060 6GB, the card was defective (windows restored driver regularly), I RMA'd the card and now got it back. Now that I could test the card i have a lot of issues
For what it's worth, I have a GTX 1060 6GB and can't reproduce your problems on my system. I assume you're also using the latest version of LAV filters. What player(s) are you using?
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:51   #42117  |  Link
Prinz

Too slow clock means: a minute takes about 1:10 seconds = the system clock is going to slow and the system time is getting behind more and more. As soon as i stop the playback the system clock works normally again, of course the system time has to be corrected then since the clock is minutes behind now after a movie/episode.

I have for each audio connection 2 devices: 1 named: DirectSound: device name and 1 named just: device name ... the one with direct sound in the name works with all audio formats, but results in frame drops/repeats and the other only a few audio formats like DD work but no unusual frame drops/repeats.

I tried multiple drivers versions, my default player is Zoomplayer and tried to exclude a player issue MPC-HC x64 on Windows 7 x64 SP1. No difference, all issues are the same regardless of the used Player.
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:15   #42118  |  Link
jkauff

I've never heard of a media player affecting the system clock.

For the audio issues, the most recent builds of MPC-HC have a new internal audio renderer that uses WASAPI to bypass the Direct Sound mixer. If you want, it can be set to Exclusive mode so that nothing else can use the audio system while MPC-HC is running. You might want to try it to see if Direct Sound is the source of the audio problem.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:23   #42119  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

@Prinz, Google this:

heavy load causes pc clock to lose time

lots of answers for your clock issue... Google is your friend... And not a madVR issue.

QB
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:47   #42120  |  Link
Prinz

@QBhd

I highly doubt that. The load is not nearly heavy it's low (card still at zero fan) and with my ancient ATI 2600 card has no problems with the same settings. I can set everything to as low as possible (bilinear) and it changes nothing. And CPU hasn't changed between the cards and is also not under heavy load.

Also I had driver restores once a day now again, so I think the card is still broken and I will have to return it again.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling