Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 17th May 2018, 15:56   #4621  |  Link
huhn

sorry no clue i can't get this working.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 20:52   #4622  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
Using MPDN as a component inside another .Net program is probably not possible at the moment. That said, I have done some work in trying to separate MPDN into its components. The end goal is to have a fully open source and modular version of MPDN, but progress is a bit slow, and some rather important parts aren't allowed to be made open source hence the obfuscation.

I'm still hoping to find a nice option for the video-decoding part. Ideally something that doesn't necessarily rely on Directshow.
I know most obfuscators let you work on a method, class, module, or whole program level; I wonder if reliability could be increased by applying it only to the proprietary parts that can't be open-sourced anyway. The UI is relatively boilerplate compared to the image processing algorithms.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 22:35   #4623  |  Link
Anime Viewer
Troubleshooter

workaround for renderscript error and fullscreen freeze

Looks like I was able to resolve my issue with the "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. (Mpdn.RenderScript)" error.

First I installed both the versions (x64 and x86) of MPDN that comes with an Installer (and Uninstaller), and then the Extensions that come with an Installer (and Uninstaller). Then I ran the uninstaller for the extensions first (deleting all settings), and then ran the uninstaller for MPDN (both versions) and selected the check boxes to remove extenisons and configurations. Next I installed MPDN (x64) from the installer with reset settings checked. Finally I installed the Extensions from the installer and checked for a clean install.

That got it where I could get into the options area and play videos again.

I found that if I change presenation API to anything other than Direct3D 9Ex (Direct3D 10.1 or Direct3D 11) then I would get the RenderScript error the next time I tried to open MPDN, and would be completely locked out again where I'd have to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling as detailed above to be able to get into MPDN again.

I also found that if I had full screen exclusive mode checked/enabled that the video would freeze (but audio still played) when I went to full screen.

I didn't have any problems prior to the latest Windows update using Direct3D 10 or 11, nor full screen exclusive mode, so it looks like whatever they implemented in their update broke both of those features.

I also have to uncheck Improve Chroma Reconstruction (which is checked by the default install settings) otherwise black, purple, indego, etc don't display correctly, but I don't believe that to be related to any of the other issues and it doesn't lead to an inability to play videos like the Direct3D and Full Screen Exclusive settings do now.

Now I just need to remember what settings (upscalers, downscalers, render scripts, etc) looked and worked best on my system...

Edit:
Looks like SuperRes doesn't work now.
Attached Images

Last edited by Anime Viewer; 19th May 2018 at 22:47. Reason: added screen shot of SuperRES error
Anime Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2018, 13:16   #4624  |  Link
hooddy

Support for WinRT

Hi there. I try to run ANYCPU build at WinRT/ARM32. There is errors in it. After run it shows error (01.png) and menus dont clickable. I attach errors logs n screenshots. Can I hope ya add support for WinRT? There is an private VLS ARM32 workin well at WinRT. But I have no idea why VLC huys wont public it.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt 01.txt (5.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: txt 02.txt (4.1 KB, 32 views)
hooddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 22:27   #4625  |  Link
louiebh

is this project under water?
louiebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2018, 11:07   #4626  |  Link
hajj_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebh View Post
is this project under water?
The developer of this hasn't made any posts in 1yr so it looks like it is dead.
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 14:36   #4627  |  Link
Shiandow

Hi everyone,

I figured I should give some clarity on the current state of MPDN.

In short, at this point nobody is actively developing MPDN so for lack of a better word it's dead.

In more detail, Zachs has stopped developing MPDN for a few years now, and it seems unlikely that this will change any time soon. Slightly before he stopped completely he did pull me in as one of the developers of MPDN, so development hadn't yet completely stopped at that time. Unfortunately this was also the time we found out that MPDN misbehaves on new versions of windows, and eventually it became clear that the likely cause was the obfuscation software used to disguise the proprietary parts of the MPDN code. And being the only developer at the time I wasn't really prepared to find a (likely temporary) workaround that I'd have to maintain by myself. And that's basically where we are now.

However, for the optimists among you, while this does mean that MPDN is effectively dead, I'm still looking for a way to ensure its extensions can somehow continue to exist (maybe without some of the cumbersome, rarely used features), I have also put some effort into extracting the MPDN UI into a separate MPDN extension, with some success. Unfortunately this still leaves a gap that needs to be filled to turn this into a full functioning application. The main gap left is the I/O, i.e. the parts responsible for opening video files and outputting the processed video/audio. Those have no replacement at this point. The extension API is also currently a tad too complicated to easily integrate the MPDN extensions in other applications, and either way such an API is unlikely to catch on without at least some proof of concept which again means handling the I/O somehow. While I have some ideas, I'm not really seeing an easy way to realise those by myself any time soon.

Anyway thanks everyone for supporting and using MPDN, and until we meet again.

Cheers,
Shiandow

Last edited by Shiandow; 15th November 2018 at 14:38.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 18:38   #4628  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

Thank you for the Clarification
Its sad, but its how it is i guess..

Still using the Player since its one of the very few players with an advanced option set to play around with..
And the Quality is also very nice..

Thank you for all the work you guys have done..

until we meet again hehe

greetz
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2018, 01:24   #4629  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Seeing as I have moved on from that old company for a long time, perhaps there's no need to obfuscate the code any more.
I've dropped my domain name though - haven't renewed it and it expired, so the download links are all dead.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2018, 19:24   #4630  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
Seeing as I have moved on from that old company for a long time, perhaps there's no need to obfuscate the code any more.
I've dropped my domain name though - haven't renewed it and it expired, so the download links are all dead.
so there hope for us to make this open source project or share source private at least ?
Old 26th December 2018, 03:30   #4631  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
so there hope for us to make this open source project or share source private at least ?
Sharing the source privately is definitely ok if anyone wants to continue the project. To make it fully open source might be a bit risky.

For now let's get a raise of hands to see if anyone is interested in continuing the project. By that I mean developing and maintaining it.

Shiandow was trying to rewrite parts of it to make it open source which may be a better idea seeing as the original code interacting with directshow wasn't the best anyway. A bit of refactoring and it's practically a brand new code. My feeling is there's no need to do a full rewrite.
Old 27th December 2018, 12:10   #4632  |  Link
Zachs

I've rebuilt all the binaries with nearly no obfuscation and updated the download links - please let me know if it's still not working.
Old 27th December 2018, 13:37   #4633  |  Link
huhn

well looks like that went very well for me.
this version works on win 10 older version didn't work at all.

so good job fixing a major.

and xy subfilter isn't by any chance hard code?
Old 27th December 2018, 15:04   #4634  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
and xy subfilter isn't by any chance hard code?

The support is hardcoded - anyone wants to have a go at making it non-hardcoded?
Old 27th December 2018, 15:13   #4635  |  Link
huhn

it's fine i guess it just we now have 2 subtitle renderer that use the same interface that xy subfilter uses.
Old 27th December 2018, 15:27   #4636  |  Link
Zachs

Not hard to add them in. Might be a good idea to make them configurable too for future subtitle filters. No time to work on it though but more than happy to add some developers to the repository.
Old 28th December 2018, 00:08   #4637  |  Link
Zachs

Can you let me know what the subtitle filters are? I'll try to add them if I have some time.
Old 28th December 2018, 00:15   #4638  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooddy View Post
Hi there. I try to run ANYCPU build at WinRT/ARM32. There is errors in it. After run it shows error (01.png) and menus dont clickable. I attach errors logs n screenshots. Can I hope ya add support for WinRT? There is an private VLS ARM32 workin well at WinRT. But I have no idea why VLC huys wont public it.
ANYCPU build still needs the native parts which are currently only built for x86 and x64. ARM on windows is very new and I'm not even sure if it's worth supporting seeing as the filters are probably not going to work too. Perhaps running the x86 build would work via emulation?
Old 28th December 2018, 05:24   #4639  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
Sharing the source privately is definitely ok if anyone wants to continue the project.
Maybe you can share sourcein private - it's very interesting and can use in other project.
Old 28th December 2018, 06:22   #4640  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Maybe you can share sourcein private - it's very interesting and can use in other project.
I can share the source but only for the purpose of continuing development of the project. You can't use it in any other projects because of proprietary code.

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock