Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st December 2008, 01:13   #721  |  Link
jetli123

any help?

Last edited by ukendt; 21st December 2008 at 08:07.
jetli123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 02:44   #722  |  Link
nautilus7

It's sticky anyway!

Don't expect much support from Suprip developer, though.

Last edited by ukendt; 21st December 2008 at 08:06.
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 02:57   #723  |  Link
jetli123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
It's sticky anyway!

Don't expect much from support from Suprip developer, though.

wow, so friendly ... happy holiday to you too

Last edited by ukendt; 21st December 2008 at 08:07.
Old 21st December 2008, 04:44   #724  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetli123 View Post
wow, so friendly ... happy holiday to you too
What it boils down to is that the developer doesn't spend as much time on the forum and in development as some users of his software might like. So since you posted a sample you will just need to be patient for a little while until he gets a chance to look at it. BD subtitles are still frustrating as we still have no comprehensive tools to deal with them, I understand. So we all need to be patient and wait for the technology to mature with time. This is something we can't rush as we aren't developing the software. We can only be grateful for what we already do have; and for free too!
saint-francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 08:08   #725  |  Link
ukendt

Peeps!!!!!!!
Behave....
ukendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 10:38   #726  |  Link
jetli123

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
What it boils down to is that the developer doesn't spend as much time on the forum and in development as some users of his software might like. So since you posted a sample you will just need to be patient for a little while until he gets a chance to look at it. BD subtitles are still frustrating as we still have no comprehensive tools to deal with them, I understand. So we all need to be patient and wait for the technology to mature with time. This is something we can't rush as we aren't developing the software. We can only be grateful for what we already do have; and for free too!

Thanks, I didn't mean to rush. I'm just surprise that I can't find any comment on extracting subtitle from combined .m2ts files, that's all. I'm very happy that SUPread work with single .m2ts file. I googled this topic but didn't find much ...

Sorry if I offend anyone ... thanks for this wonderful software!
Old 5th January 2009, 02:34   #727  |  Link
princenigma

Hi, I try "Home Alone (1900) Blu-ray" with supread 0.52b2,in image tab all line is empty
Are there any solutions ?
Thanks
princenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 20:02   #728  |  Link
Taktaal

A Bluray from 1900? Are you sure you really bought a movie and weren't tricked with a victorian era round mirror?

Anyway, can you try it with Suprip in my sig? If that doesn't work either, please send me the .sup file so I can have a look at it.
Taktaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 09:55   #729  |  Link
princenigma

Sorry . Wrong typing , it's 1990
Ok I will send the sup tomowwow. Thanks for the replay
Old 6th January 2009, 14:48   #730  |  Link
princenigma

HI,Taktaal . I tried Suprip can show the sup file content correctly.
this is the sup file which Supread fail to read any img content
http://www.filesavr.com/hocn1
Old 12th January 2009, 02:07   #731  |  Link
PassThePeas

Thanks pel for your great tool.

I'm having an issue with hd-dvds subtitles converted to blu-ray when played on a stand-alone player (sony BDP-S350). The problem is seen with subs extracted with EVO-Demux or eac3to from 2 different HD-DVDs then converted to Blu-Ray subs, before remuxing to BD with tsMuxer.

As soon as the first sub appears, the screen goes black except for the subs bounding box (readjusting as each sub comes along).
The subs play just fine with software player (tmt or power dvd).
I tried to compare the subs to others extracted directly from BDs, and the only thing i came up with seems to be the palette : when i display it in supread, the first color is red (whereas it comes black with other subs). Extracting PNGs produces the sames result (red background for "bad displaying" subs and black for others).

Has anybody else experienced the same issue ? In that case, has any solution been found ?
Any clue as to resolving the issue (or finding a workaround) ?

Thanks in advance for any answer as I have about ten HD-DVDs I'd like to convert to BD

Last edited by PassThePeas; 12th January 2009 at 18:41.
PassThePeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 18:53   #732  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

there are sometimes movies for which Supread doesnt recognize/display any subs on screen. dont know why, but the subs are fine, as they work with suprip without problems for example. guess its the same problem princeenigma posted about above^^
is there any way to fix that? heres a sample:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hju6si
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 21:53   #733  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassThePeas View Post
I'm having an issue with hd-dvds subtitles converted to blu-ray when played on a stand-alone player (sony BDP-S350). The problem is seen with subs extracted with EVO-Demux or eac3to from 2 different HD-DVDs then converted to Blu-Ray subs, before remuxing to BD with tsMuxer.

As soon as the first sub appears, the screen goes black except for the subs bounding box (readjusting as each sub comes along).
The subs play just fine with software player (tmt or power dvd).
I tried to compare the subs to others extracted directly from BDs, and the only thing i came up with seems to be the palette : when i display it in supread, the first color is red (whereas it comes black with other subs). Extracting PNGs produces the sames result (red background for "bad displaying" subs and black for others).

Has anybody else experienced the same issue ? In that case, has any solution been found ?
Any clue as to resolving the issue (or finding a workaround) ?

Thanks in advance for any answer as I have about ten HD-DVDs I'd like to convert to BD
I have seen the same issue under the same conditions (converting sub stream extracted with eac3to.exe from an HD-DVD and converted to a BD sub stream with SUPread, and played back on a Sony BDP-S350).

I don't know a whole lot about the structure of subs, so I haven't investigated why this happens, but I suspect some problem with the color palette as you have discovered.

My only work-around has been to use SUPread to convert the HD-DVD sub stream to an .srt using the OCR function. After that, you can bring the .srt into TSMuxer and it will render a BD subtitle stream according to the font settings on the Subtitles tab. The OCR in SUPread is pretty good, but I have run into one HD-DVD (Disturbia) that the OCR was terrible because the character spacing on the original HD-DVD subs was very tight. It required several hours of editing before I had a good .srt.
Old 19th January 2009, 03:05   #734  |  Link
PassThePeas

Thanks for your answer SomeJoe. I came to the same conclusion (OCR with supread then muxing srt with tsMuxer), but since I'm french, OCR'd subtitles editing can be quite painfull (é,è,ê mixed up, strange spaces between numbers, etc ...).

As far as I could understand from the different threads I've read, palette information seems to be stored at some point before the actual images in the PG stream, so it should be possible to alter that information while parsing the data in the stream, but I couldn't find information consistent enough to be able to even consider coding such a tool.

Since SupRead can display the palette on the screen with each sub, I guess that it could integrate some kind of functionality like setting a pre-defined pallette for all subtltiles ... Pel, if you hear me ...

Of course, if someone is able to provide enough information on the PG stream, I could try and make the tool (I'll just have to find the time and to sum up my memories to be able to do some programming again ...).
If that was to happen, I'll keep you posted
PassThePeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 18:34   #735  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Anybody know a quick way to force a subtitle stream created with supread and imported into scenarist as a bdn file? If you edit the bdn file each line has a section which says "forced="False" i have tried editing the bdn file so all the subs say "True" but it doesn't work, you have to go through every single sub in Scenarist and force them :-(
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 19:00   #736  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

DaMacFunkin, you can open your scenarist project file after saving your project in Scenarist - it is in XML format. You can edit it to force the subtitles on in there!
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 22:52   #737  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Brilliant, didn't realise this, wish i'd known this before i did The Mummy Returns (HD DVD 2 Blu-RAY(110 subs manually forced)) Thanks.
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 23:15   #738  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

You may be able to also force subtitles on using the "setstream" command (before the play command) when building the playlist scenario. Um. I think that is what it is called.
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 11:45   #739  |  Link
Octo-puss

Could you give me some brief hint how to work with SUPRead please? I know I used it in past, but I forgot all I knew. I got this .sup file I extracted from my Blu-Ray movie LONG ago and now I decided it's time to convert it into srt format... But I am totally confused how.
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 02:14   #740  |  Link
Furiousflea

Hi there, I'm trying to load an .srt file in SUPread but ever time I do an error pops up...

"Division by zero"

I've tried looking for other people with this problem but don't seem to be anyone at all.

I have abc.png in same directory as needed.

Any ideas...?

Thanks, Rob
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supread, suprip