Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2009, 07:17   #161  |  Link
UsedUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
This is an interesting clip. If you save project in DGIndex with Honor Pulldown Flags, you get the classical 3:2 field pattern, but it is achieved with a mix of hard and soft telecine.
Thanks. I know it uses soft pulldown because of the Frame Rpts value; how can I know it's also using hard pulldown? Create another d2v, but with Ignore Pulldown Flags, and I should see the 3:2 field pattern disappear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Never deinterlace clean progressive material! Anyway, the setting in DGMPGIndexNV does not alter the DGM file. You would need to enable it in your DGSource() involation, but as noted, not for this case.
Knowing this clip is progressive 3:2, it needs IVTC, not deinterlacing - you taught me that lesson last time. Because I was seeing different field repeat values depending on the PureVideo setting, I just wanted to know if it affected the outcome.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:12   #162  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedUser View Post
how can I know it's also using hard pulldown?
Use the method at the link I gave you. If you see the constant 3:2 field pattern but not all the duplicated fields are done with flags, then the only way for the remaining duplicates to be created is by hard copying.

Quote:
Because I was seeing different field repeat values depending on the PureVideo setting, I just wanted to know if it affected the outcome.
I'm not seeing that with your sample, and there's no reason for it to happen. Please check again.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:35   #163  |  Link
Fotis_Greece

I am a bit confused. I have donated for a license, can I use this license also for your other tools DGAVCDecNV and DGVC1DecNV?
And since DGDecodeNV works with all three programs (or am I wrong?) why don't you just "merge" them into one powerful application?
BTW nice work. Would it be possible to allow multiple selections of the loaded video so we could just ommit the commercials and then just deinterlace and save as mpeg2 ready for dvd authoring?
Old 21st April 2009, 17:41   #164  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotis_Greece View Post
I have donated for a license, can I use this license also for your other tools DGAVCDecNV and DGVC1DecNV?
Yes. It says that at the web site. But feel free to make multiple donations if you prefer.

Quote:
And since DGDecodeNV works with all three programs (or am I wrong?) why don't you just "merge" them into one powerful application?
It's an ongoing process. I did the DLL first. I'm working on combining the indexers.

Quote:
Would it be possible to allow multiple selections of the loaded video so we could just ommit the commercials and then just deinterlace and save as mpeg2 ready for dvd authoring?
The problem with it is you could get orphaned frames that decode with macroblocks if you cut at open GOPs. I have an idea to make it work by replacing all the orphans at all the cut points with copies of the first decodable frame. Can't say when I might get to it though as these days half my time is going to theoretical physics simulations.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:24   #165  |  Link
Fotis_Greece

Thanks neuron, and some last question (since I still wait for the license file so I cannot really test). When I load a m2ts (from HDV camcorder) file and select to enable deinterlacer and I click save and demux the resulting m2v video file is deinterlaced and there is no need to deal with dgdecode.dll and avisynth and cuvid server. Right?

So will the resulting video file be 1440x1080 25p (PAL country here)?
The original HDV is 1440x1080 50i (upper field first)

Last edited by Fotis_Greece; 21st April 2009 at 23:56.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:18   #166  |  Link
tre31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotis_Greece View Post
Thanks neuron, and some last question (since I still wait for the license file so I cannot really test). When I load a m2ts (from HDV camcorder) file and select to enable deinterlacer and I click save and demux the resulting m2v video file is deinterlaced and there is no need to deal with dgdecode.dll and avisynth and cuvid server. Right?

So will the resulting video file be 1440x1080 25p or 50p (PAL country here)?
The original HDV is 1440x1080 50i (upper field first)
No what dgindex basically does is index the source for frameserving too an encoder, so you still need avisynth too actually frameserve it, but yes using the cuda hardware deinterlacing will mean that within the avisynth script you will not need too deinterlace using other methods (not sure exactly how the cuda based dll works but I think it may have a deinterlacing parameter that is passed too it - neuron can correct me on this, also it should be in the manual, readme or faq - and if it isn't .. then ...).
Old 21st April 2009, 23:57   #167  |  Link
Fotis_Greece

Well, I don't want to frameserve it. Only to deinterlace and demux.
Old 22nd April 2009, 00:45   #168  |  Link

You cannot deinterlace without re-encoding using any tool.

You can remove pulldown so if the camera uses pulldown to achieve the video rate then you have a hope.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:03   #169  |  Link
Fotis_Greece

So in other words when saving and demuxing (with deinterlace checked) the only operationtaken place is just saving project and demuxing the video-audio, right?
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:51   #170  |  Link

Right, exactly as stated in the users manual.
Old 2nd May 2009, 05:49   #171  |  Link
Varies

I have a new problem with deinterlace
Here is the sample of video (source).
Old 2nd May 2009, 06:44   #172  |  Link

What DVD did you rip that from? It's pathological.

Last edited by Guest; 2nd May 2009 at 07:06.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:44   #173  |  Link
Varies

It's TV translation from NHK-E japanese chanel ^ ^

I try other deint, best result with Decomb 3:2 pulldown remove. But same frames looks like incorrect
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:04   #174  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varies View Post
It's TV translation from NHK-E japanese chanel ^ ^
How did you get it?
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:22   #175  |  Link
Varies

I download TS stream.
Don't ask me "how" This violates the rules

Code:
Inverse 3:2 Telecine with Pattern Guidance.  If your telecined source material is NTSC 3:2 pulldown, you can enable pattern guidance, which can make the field matching more accurate for some clips. Proceed as follows: 

AssumeTFF()
Telecide(order=1,guide=1)
Decimate(cycle=5)
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:23   #176  |  Link

You've already been struck for a rule 6 so you're well aware of the rules. Struck for rule 6.
Old 19th May 2009, 13:46   #177  |  Link
hajj_3

any eta for program stream support yet? would love to use this instead of dgmpgdec, should help with the speed alot of 1080i .mpg files.
Old 19th May 2009, 14:59   #178  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

I know you're busy, so just adding +1 to that .... hoping you can get around to it in the list of things you're doing.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:05   #179  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Trouble with deinterlace=2

I'm having trouble with the hardware bob deinterlacer. When I played back my encoded video, it was stuttering and not smooth. Looking back at the served video frame by frame, I saw that I was getting some duplicate frames often followed by some combed (not deinterlaced at all) frames. I thought that the problem was with my video card (Nvidia GeForce 9650m GT, the m means it is in my laptop) since it often struggles playing 1080i content smoothly. When I tried to use the indexer to clip out a sample to upload, the sample no longer had any combed frames, but still had some of the duplicate frames. By duplicate frames, I mean that it is repeating a frame and then another frame is missing, so no extra frames are being added.

Thinking that my video card was to blame, I tried a similar transcode using some of my video camera's footage (Canon HF100, AVCHD 1080i). However, the hardware deinterlacer seemed to work perfectly with the clips I tried. This leads me to believe that it is some sort of bug in DGMPGDecNV's code. The problems also show up when doing a preview in the index tool.

When I get home tonight I'll try putting together some sample clips. I don't think there is anything more I can do until I have access to the original file again, as my first attempt at making a sample didn't reproduce all issues. Thanks.

Matt
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:06   #180  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
any eta for program stream support yet? would love to use this instead of dgmpgdec, should help with the speed alot of 1080i .mpg files.
I have finally started it. I have DGMPGIndexNV working with video and AC3 and MPA audio. I plan to get DGDecodeNV working next and then add the other audio types. What audio types do you need most?

I don't plan to support MPEG1 video or MPEG1 program streams. Is that a problem?
Closed Thread