Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 14th February 2012, 19:58   #781  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
It's probably a leaked IVB driver. Will work on SNB. I personally tested with 2639 which is a little newer (also IVB driver).
Strange enough, the 2622 driver (SNB) which was available on Intel's website is not available anymore. Newest one is 2509. The 2559 driver which was available till recently is also gone.
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 20:00   #782  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egur View Post
It's probably a leaked IVB driver. Will work on SNB. I personally tested with 2639 which is a little newer (also IVB driver).
Strange enough, the 2622 driver (SNB) which was available on Intel's website is not available anymore. Newest one is 2509. The 2559 driver which was available till recently is also gone.
The 2559 is still available when you look at one of their 6 series desktop boards.

Their driver policy is weird..
Old 14th February 2012, 20:06   #783  |  Link
CruNcher

Yeah intels Driver releasing is weird again drivers gone that where official the 2nd time now, though that with the boards could be understandable in tested drivers for their specific bios (optimized the best way possible) :P

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 14th February 2012 at 20:12.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 20:12   #784  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
The 2559 is still available when you look at one of their 6 series desktop boards.

Their driver policy is weird..
I looked at the main download center and couldn't find it.
The 2622 driver (and others) can be found here
I downloaded it and it was identical to my copy.
Intel Corp.
Old 14th February 2012, 20:15   #785  |  Link
CruNcher

i mean even if intel forgot some restriction or did put some in the newer driver concerning their PVP or a bug it would be pretty dumb to believe after a official driver release the driver is out of history (and do like it never existed)
Such silent delete operations only make some people more suspicious whats going on Nvidia @ least learned to explain why they remove drivers (if the reasons are the truth or not isn't really important, just tell them something and don't just remove and forget official released driver)

PS: I did several load tests now and i have to say Microsofts Mpeg-2 Decoder rocks in latency it seems heavily optimized for threaded frameworks intels reference decoder latency under pressure looks odd against it, though pretty much no other ISV can cope with it is so damn stable (despite the missing 4:2:2 support, and not so great benchmark results). Pressuring the cores and getting such low latency without any heavy render brake ups is just amazing http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/318...eg2latency.png http://www.mediafire.com/?gbk85ypx7alv2bu (yup you don't imagine it it's still sync, and yep there are different low latency timers running simultaneously, not forgetting the capture task) though no Haiku here

@Egur

Only Intels Reference Decoder shows this issue with ffdshow (green line right into the content)

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/953...intelrefer.png

Only Possible with Microsofts Decoder (Playback Performance)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nm948sww3lyhwt7

ahh no wait that is a surprise MPC-HCs Internal Mpeg-2 Decoder is also capable of those low latencies and performs even better with this presure and core distribution is also more sane

http://www.mediafire.com/?ipik22iyiumpyg5 (perfect)

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 15th February 2012 at 07:43.
Old 15th February 2012, 04:50   #786  |  Link
RBG

CruNcher

I am just curious, why are you paying so much attention to mpeg-2, isn't it an outdated format?
RBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 05:13   #787  |  Link
roytam1
Firefox User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBG View Post
CruNcher

I am just curious, why are you paying so much attention to mpeg-2, isn't it an outdated format?
Don't you know MPEG-2 is used in digital video broadcasting standard?
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 08:15   #788  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
Didn't work for me, my system does not meet the minimum requirements for whatever reason, also won't update manually, oh well.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 10:51   #789  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

With the exception of testing purposes, I advise against installing unreleased drivers. Do this at your own risk.
They are aimed at ISVs and OEMs.
Intel Corp.
Old 15th February 2012, 11:18   #790  |  Link
CruNcher

@Egur

It looks like Intels Mpeg-2 Reference Decoder is shifting chroma when connected to ffdshow-quicksync ?

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 15th February 2012 at 11:37.
Old 15th February 2012, 11:53   #791  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
@Egur

It looks like Intels Mpeg-2 Reference Decoder is shifting chroma when connected to ffdshow-quicksync ?
Do you mean that ffdshow is shifting chroma? Then open a sighting in the ffdshow thread. If not, then I don't understand.
Intel Corp.
Old 15th February 2012, 12:10   #792  |  Link
CruNcher

yes no it only happens with intels decoder though so far only for this stream, also this SPP restriction for Quicksync decoding is really odd

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 15th February 2012 at 12:54.
Old 15th February 2012, 13:58   #793  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
yes no it only happens with intels decoder though so far only for this stream, also this SPP restriction for Quicksync decoding is really odd
Although my code started from the reference decoder, I used it for reference, I had to change things and add features to make it work like it works today.

Regarding ffdshow's lack of support for various video processing, it might be what clsid pointed out, that some algorithms do not support NV12 which is the native output of the QS decoder (or any other HW decoder for the matter).
I'll need to take a deeper look.
Intel Corp.
Old 15th February 2012, 14:26   #794  |  Link
RBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytam1 View Post
Don't you know MPEG-2 is used in digital video broadcasting standard?
H.264 is also used in DVB... It's not like I don't know the standards or asking a general question, it is just to sate my curiosity, since I myself see no reason in benchmarking MPEG-2, but that's just me, I wanted to know another point of view.
RBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 16:49   #795  |  Link
TPoise

As a mobile specific user, the lowest CPU usage (which should correspond to the lowest wattage/battery usage) is MOST important for me, as long as the decoder can do 1x realtime with no dropped frames. So if I had to decide between an LAV decoder that could do 13x at 50% cpu or a QuickSync-based decoder that could only do 12x at 13% CPU, then the choice is pretty clear for me.

So, why should the performance really matter when you're several magnitudes higher than realtime, other than just for optimization's sake? Transcoding? I haven't seen any transcoder out in the wild that uses QS for decoding.
TPoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 16:54   #796  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV has a QuickSync based decoder.
Optimizing the speed of course has advantages, if you can increase the top speed, you reduce resource usage on real-time speed, its just that simple.

Realtime playback of typical Blu-ray material is at around 2-3% CPU for me, and that includes audio decoding as well as all other components in playback. (that is with LAVs QuickSync, i bet ffdshow is the same)

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th February 2012 at 17:02.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 17:16   #797  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPoise View Post
As a mobile specific user, the lowest CPU usage (which should correspond to the lowest wattage/battery usage) is MOST important for me, as long as the decoder can do 1x realtime with no dropped frames. So if I had to decide between an LAV decoder that could do 13x at 50% cpu or a QuickSync-based decoder that could only do 12x at 13% CPU, then the choice is pretty clear for me.

So, why should the performance really matter when you're several magnitudes higher than realtime, other than just for optimization's sake? Transcoding? I haven't seen any transcoder out in the wild that uses QS for decoding.

Hehe the Chinese affiliate Devs aren't as fast as they where with Nvidia (Wondershare, Xilsoft and Co, there are far to many to list them all here and most are doughters of the big ones anyways and mostly all have ffmpeg violation in common) for now you only have the top ISV products (Elemental,Cyberlink,Arcsoft,Corel,MainConcept SDK) or (semi)* top ISVs that support it (BIT,Movavi,Mirillis,CoreAVC) i guess new stuff like freemakes (Ellora Assets) DXVA copy back decoding will be pretty much the same way defunct as Nevs copy back decoder with Intel currently
Hmm though i didn't tried the crash bitstream yet on freemake though i guess it will do like the others and crash and most H.264 bitstreams i guess will also most probably show heavy decoding issues

*PS: Some of the semi top ISVs are in some places better then the TOP ISVs imho, though BIT is controversial as of its ffmpeg issue same as Movavi (i forgot their company name strange russian one)

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...o-general.html

Also a lot of other software recently got Intel HD Graphic updates it looks pretty good for Intel support wise, something that AMD also could have had so easily but no they sleeped it out and now running with fusion after it

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 15th February 2012 at 18:20.
Old 15th February 2012, 18:22   #798  |  Link
hoborg

Hi.
Can somebody share latest "IntelQuickSyncDecoder.dll"?
Or is there a simple way how i can extract it by myself from FFDshow.exe installer?

BTW, it is possible to share IntelQuickSyncDecoder.dll between LAV video decoder and FFDshow? Both decoders are using exactly the same name for this dll.

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 19:53   #799  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Hi.
Can somebody share latest "IntelQuickSyncDecoder.dll"?
Or is there a simple way how i can extract it by myself from FFDshow.exe installer?

BTW, it is possible to share IntelQuickSyncDecoder.dll between LAV video decoder and FFDshow? Both decoders are using exactly the same name for this dll.
They usually have the same dll (right click on the DLL for version number). Sometimes LAV or ffdshow use a newer version until the other picks up. Currently both use 0.27.
You said it didn't install because your iGPU is disabled? So why do you need it? You can always run the installer again when do enable the iGPU. It won't change your settings.
Intel Corp.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:53   #800  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
CruNcher

Because it's still used widely in TV broadcasting and for DVDs (you know those optical discs that still outsell Blu-Ray by quite a large margin)?

Quote:
H.264 is also used in DVB... It's not like I don't know the standards or asking a general question, it is just to sate my curiosity, since I myself see no reason in benchmarking MPEG-2, but that's just me, I wanted to know another point of view.
You ask why people want to benchmark a format that is still widely used for video? Because they have lots of videos in that format possibly?

Last edited by amtm; 15th February 2012 at 19:57.

Tags
ffdshow, h264, intel, mpeg2, quicksync, vc1, zoom player