Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old Yesterday, 21:44   #50401  |  Link
Warner306

Ok, so I don't know what technological limitations are limiting rendering in Kodi.

I have nothing against Kodi. I just think its video rendering needs to be updated to keep up with the times. I thought OpenGL standards were to blame.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:52   #50402  |  Link
tp4tissue

Hi guys, recently took off the lazy hat and setup 3dlut through display cal

How do I verify the output with madvr// madtpg ?

The profile is installed into madvr and as far as I can tell, the color correction is working when videos play but I don't see a test tab anywhere.
Old Yesterday, 22:25   #50403  |  Link
Asmodian

I like ColorHCFR. Simply measure your color space with the 3DLUT enabled in madTPG.

Last edited by Asmodian; Today at 06:39.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:37   #50404  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanm View Post
This is why i prefer OpenGL render.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
if you want more "color" think about the vivid mode on your end device.
Or better perhaps add a few points to madVR's saturation levels + any of the various sharpeners available (I find Adaptive sharpen rather nice) and your own displays color settings.

You're better off using madVR to get the picture you want, rather than relying on a renderer that's clearly deviating from the original image by default.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:47   #50405  |  Link
suanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
OpenGL or D3D do not have an impact on the image quality - it all depends on the algorithms you use to process the image. I'm not madshi, but I think I can safely state that madVR will never use OpenGL.
Master,why will madshi never integrate OpenGL in madVR ?
To be honest I'm not good at the technologies about video, processing algorithms,renderer and so on.I only use potplayer to play 4K HDR or 1080p movies on my TV set.
BY the way,Could you build any ***.zip instead of ***.exe in nightly version about LAV files?
suanm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:57   #50406  |  Link
suanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Or better perhaps add a few points to madVR's saturation levels + any of the various sharpeners available (I find Adaptive sharpen rather nice) and your own displays color settings.

You're better off using madVR to get the picture you want, rather than relying on a renderer that's clearly deviating from the original image by default.
Thank you,i try to do this as you said above.
Old Today, 06:08   #50407  |  Link
Sebastiii

Thank you @madshi for the new release
Old Today, 07:15   #50408  |  Link
stefanelli73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
That said, the HDR output should probably be set to BT.2020 as you found. Almost everything HDR is encoded in the very wide BT.2020 color space so I think most displays do better mapping when receiving BT.2020.
But there is also to say that no TV or vpr, currently, sufficiently covers the color space BT.2020 (for example my vpr OPTOMA UHZ65 covers it at 56%), while there are some displays that cover the DCI-P3 to 100% .... then also in Madvr in the information says "BT.2020> DCI-P3", so "in this dispalay is already calibrated" would not it be fair to use DCI-P3?

Last edited by stefanelli73; Today at 07:17.
stefanelli73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30   #50409  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanm View Post
Master,why will madshi never integrate OpenGL in madVR ?
3D APIs are just different ways to the same goal: Graphic card internal features. DirectX under Windows is a more direct way there (and there may be even shorter paths), OpenGL under Windows rather a detour in comparison. The advantage of OpenGL is portability across different operating systems; that's not important for a DirectShow renderer which will work only under Windows anyway.

German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:38   #50410  |  Link
suanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
3D APIs are just different ways to the same goal: Graphic card internal features. DirectX under Windows is a more direct way there (and there may be even shorter paths), OpenGL under Windows rather a detour in comparison. The advantage of OpenGL is portability across different operating systems; that's not important for a DirectShow renderer which will work only under Windows anyway.
I got it,thank you,master.OpenGL would rather make a detour to the final goal.D3D11 can take a shortcut to the final goal,instead.That also means both d3d11 and openGL actually are not different for the final image quality except processing algorithm. May i think so?
i will keep doing the test with madVR on 4K HDR and 1080p movies till i get some best color images

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling