Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 6th February 2014, 23:41   #1441  |  Link
[SLiM]D12

Looking to purchase this program, but i couldn't find a support contact, so i hope somebody here can assist. From what i gather on the resgistration page, i'm to use my "Machine Code" as my registration name, but for some reason when launching the DiAVC registration window, my machine code is blank.

I've searched thru the 72 pages here unsuccessfully and i'm hoping somebody can help me out.

Thanks

Edit: Seems that it's a Windows 8 issue, tried compatibility settings, but couldn't get a machine code to appear -- is there really no way for this to work in windows 8?

Last edited by [SLiM]D12; 6th February 2014 at 23:45.
[SLiM]D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 09:51   #1442  |  Link
kypec
User of free A/V tools

[SLiM]D12 AFAIK DiAVC had reached its end of life and support many months ago. Currently, there are much better alternatives available, which are free and very actively developed. Please have a look at LAV Filters thread and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.
kypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 07:00   #1443  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SLiM]D12 View Post
Looking to purchase this program, but i couldn't find a support contact, so i hope somebody here can assist. From what i gather on the resgistration page, i'm to use my "Machine Code" as my registration name, but for some reason when launching the DiAVC registration window, my machine code is blank.

I've searched thru the 72 pages here unsuccessfully and i'm hoping somebody can help me out.

Thanks

Edit: Seems that it's a Windows 8 issue, tried compatibility settings, but couldn't get a machine code to appear -- is there really no way for this to work in windows 8?
Download the GetMachineCodeWoHDD and run it to get the machine code and send it to me, then when you get the password, run the GetMachineCodeWoHDD to input the password to activate it.
schweinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 11:30   #1444  |  Link
samf88

I bought a license for DiAVC a few days ago as I was hoping to make use of DGAVCDecDI... expecting my license key to be delivered automatically. Still haven't heard anything and have filed a claim with PayPal... not impressed!
samf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 20:33   #1445  |  Link
Asmodian

DGAVCDecDI has been abandoned and I believe the newest versions of DiAVC are not compatible with it.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 21:29   #1446  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I'd recommend to try L-SMASH Works if you don't have supported hardware for DG's decoders (NV / IM); in this case, regarding DGAVCDecDI, maybe ask for a refund.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 01:14   #1447  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by samf88 View Post
I bought a license for DiAVC a few days ago as I was hoping to make use of DGAVCDecDI... expecting my license key to be delivered automatically. Still haven't heard anything and have filed a claim with PayPal... not impressed!
I assume you mean you didn't get the license from DiAVC. Graft responds very quickly to such problems for DG tools.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 10:58   #1448  |  Link
samf88

Yeah, it's DiAVC I haven't heard from. He really shouldn't be selling his software if he is unable to offer the product in a decent timeframe...

Never heard of L-SMASH. Since I got rid of my NVIDIA graphics card I've missed DGDecNV so was hoping for a suitable alternative as DGAVCDec doesn't work very well with my files and FFMS2 seek issues are a big problem.
Old 10th February 2015, 11:21   #1449  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

L-SMASH Source: A kind of "successor" and fork from FFmpegSource2, but also including the L-SMASH splitter for ISO Media containers (MP4, QT MOV, etc.) in addition to libav.

Latest builds by the_weirdo since VFR maniac doesn't provide binaries regularly anymore.

This is a software-only decoder, but very fast (especially when multi-threaded) and reliable, has less issues with non-MKV containers (which was the biggest limitation of FFMS2).

And there is even one more alternative: DSS2Mod, a modified "DirectShowSource2" (based on the one shipped with Haali Media Splitter) which can use LAV Filters natively instead of installed DirectShow filters. The Google Code project documents this different download link for the latest version.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 10th February 2015 at 11:26.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 12:02   #1450  |  Link
samf88

Thanks LigH, will be sure to check those out!

Tags
avc, diavc, fastest decoder, h.264, software