Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 6th February 2007, 00:35   #221  |  Link
fastplayer

For me it's heavily interlaced with the 866 build...
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 08:14   #222  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Well, you need to turn deinterlacing on (it's field-shifted). Wait, was this question about whether the file plays at all, or whether it automatically triggers the deinterlacing? I don't remember the latter being added.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 10:25   #223  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
Well, you need to turn deinterlacing on (it's field-shifted). Wait, was this question about whether the file plays at all, or whether it automatically triggers the deinterlacing? I don't remember the latter being added.
Heh. That'd be another reason to integrate TIVTC - just turn on TFM to fix field shifts without giving the image the full deinterlacing smackdown...

I guess I'll have to take a look at the AviSynth filter in the near future - but I'd be happy if someone could tell me if it's possible to read a few frames ahead in the input stream for the filter, or if it's at least possible to just kind-of return nothing from the filter while buffering up a few input frames. (Or if that's not possible - would returning the same frame with the same timestamp a few times work?)

Either of that should make it possible to implement limited support for seeking (within a configurable range) in AviSynth and also for dropping frames. Of course, ideally TIVTC should be integrated as a "real" ffdshow filter with a config dialog for ease of use...

But I guess I should try to get ffdshow to build first...
Old 6th February 2007, 10:26   #224  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Can someone please confirm.... Has support for "interlaced" MPEG-4 Part-2 sources been added. It does not seem to be working for me. Or have I missed something?

Cheers
H.264 hardware deinterlacing support was added recently.
Hardware deinterlacing support for MPEG4-ASP works even with 20051115.
libavcodec works, xvid does not.
Old 6th February 2007, 10:31   #225  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBangeR77 View Post
Hello,

I've already exchanged PMs with foxyshadis on this matter. I will try to give as much info as possible, and if it's necessary, I will cut a short sample of my encode.

Bug: reendering of fog and sky in some dark scenes; happens only from time to time, but looks really nasty.
Interesting. Improving auto detection of IDCT looks very hard, but worth while. Please post the sample movie.
Old 6th February 2007, 10:32   #226  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
H.264 hardware deinterlacing support was added recently.
Hardware deinterlacing support for MPEG4-ASP works even with 20051115.
libavcodec works, xvid does not.
Thanks, I have "libavcodec" selected...

Is the de-interlacing "automated" (ie: does FFdshow detect the interlaced and field position from header in the MPEG-4 stream) or is some "manual" intervention required?

Cheers
Old 6th February 2007, 10:51   #227  |  Link
Peuj

Quote:
Hmmmm...

Are you able to play the following sample correctly: -

http://www.mytempdir.com/1204197

Cheers
something wrong with me too.
I sue the build 885.
IDTC is set to libmpeg2.
(if I enable deinterlacing the video is ok.)

Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 10:56   #228  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Thanks, I have "libavcodec" selected...

Is the de-interlacing "automated" (ie: does FFdshow detect the interlaced and field position from header in the MPEG-4 stream) or is some "manual" intervention required?

Cheers
Manual intervention is required.
ffdshow detects intercaced video, but does not detect "Bob" or "Weave".
If Output->Use overlay mixer->HW deinterlacing is checked (and Method "Bob" is selected), ffdshow detects interlaced video and set interlaced flag in output media type. If the video is true progressive, you don't have any side effect.
The problem is, if the video is interlaced "Weave" (like film source DVD), you'll have to uncheck HW deinterlacing or select Method "Weave".
Old 6th February 2007, 11:12   #229  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
Heh. That'd be another reason to integrate TIVTC - just turn on TFM to fix field shifts without giving the image the full deinterlacing smackdown...

I guess I'll have to take a look at the AviSynth filter in the near future - but I'd be happy if someone could tell me if it's possible to read a few frames ahead in the input stream for the filter, or if it's at least possible to just kind-of return nothing from the filter while buffering up a few input frames. (Or if that's not possible - would returning the same frame with the same timestamp a few times work?)

Either of that should make it possible to implement limited support for seeking (within a configurable range) in AviSynth and also for dropping frames. Of course, ideally TIVTC should be integrated as a "real" ffdshow filter with a config dialog for ease of use...

But I guess I should try to get ffdshow to build first...
Read your other post too, haven't answered because while I looked, I don't have any good answers or any really useful insight at this point, and I think I'm going to have to make a special version just to poke and prod at it for a while.

You might have better ideas of how to hack vfw into the directshow framework, as well. Another method is just to inject global per-frame variables into the environment and have tfm/tivtc modify them directly (ignoring them when used in pure avisynth). Requiring direct plugin support is annoying, but everything else I've thought of is a really lousy hack.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 11:41   #230  |  Link
ilpippo80

I have a small problem with hw deinterlacing in mpeg-2 video:
ffdshow only: OK
MPC internal decoder only: OK
DScaler filter only: OK
MPC internal decoder + ffdshow (uncompressed): OK
DScaler + ffdshow (uncompressed): doesn't work
I tried to change the settings of Dscaler and ffdshow, but no matter what I did, I had no way to enable hardware deinterlacing when dscaler was connected with ffdshow...
ilpippo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 11:42   #231  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Manual intervention is required.
ffdshow detects intercaced video, but does not detect "Bob" or "Weave".
If Output->Use overlay mixer->HW deinterlacing is checked (and Method "Bob" is selected), ffdshow detects interlaced video and set interlaced flag in output media type. If the video is true progressive, you don't have any side effect.
The problem is, if the video is interlaced "Weave" (like film source DVD), you'll have to uncheck HW deinterlacing or select Method "Weave".
Okay thanks.... I've just tried it. And it does not seem to be working for me. To confirm, here are my settings: -

Cheers
Old 6th February 2007, 11:50   #232  |  Link
Peuj

Quote:
Okay thanks.... I've just tried it. And it does not seem to be working for me.....

Cheers
Well it works for me (enable HW + Bob) but you have to close ffdshow to load the change
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 12:11   #233  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuj View Post
Well it works for me (enable HW + Bob) but you have to close ffdshow to load the change
Indeed...

I fiddled about with Media Player Classics "Output" filters and discovered that when set to "System Default" the de-interlacing works okay. But when set to "VMR7 or VMR9 (Renderless)" it does not.... Well not for me... Bummer!
Old 6th February 2007, 12:44   #234  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?

Quote:
But when set to "VMR7 or VMR9 (Renderless)" it does not.... Well not for me... Bummer!
this whole render discussion(s) is drivin' me nuts... for myself I came to the conclusion, if I set the renderer to VMR7 (windowed) at least on my system I have always highest interoperability...
Old 6th February 2007, 13:17   #235  |  Link
clsid

I used the software deinterlacer in ffdshow. That will work with VMR-9 too.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:00   #236  |  Link
chros

Quote:
@ chros
Yeah, I can confirm that with MPC, ffdshow, and H.264 in general - I use MPC's save image instead.
Thanks for the answer ... The problem is that MPC can't save into png ...
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 16:13   #237  |  Link
fastplayer

Vertical subtitle positioning fixed.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that ... I've checked also, and with the mentioned above clsid's svn 843 (icl 9, sse) everything is fine.
Issue fixed by Yamagata in rev888. Latest 890 build is living proof
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 18:10   #238  |  Link
Hans Ohlo

hi,
i have big problems with skyoneHD streams to decode with ffshow (h264 - libavcodec). i use the latest haali splitter for the transport stream splitting and ffshow as decoder for transcoding to x264. with graphedit i setup filter graphs to use ffdshow, cyberlinks h264 decoder and coreavc. for me ffdshow gives the best picture so i want to go with it. coreavc has still the color issues on these kind of 1080 streams (paff i think). cyberlink has kind of a more blury look.

problem is that at some points in the stream there are i think little errors which all the other decoder eat up but only ffdshow chokes on. on older builds there were heavy blocky images on these locations but with the latest builds 850+ ffdshow crashes asking for a jit debugger (i have vs 2005 installed). i have uploaded a little sample of these errors so that you guys can have a look at them.

the latest ffdshow build i tried is 890, i set IDCT to auto, encoder workarounds to autodetect, error resilience to compliant and error concealment to none.

please have a look, because this is starting to cost very much sleep for me

sample:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0Z6EP0RW
http://www.mytempdir.com/1205486 (mirror)

Last edited by Hans Ohlo; 6th February 2007 at 18:39.
Hans Ohlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 19:00   #239  |  Link
clsid

That sample also crashes FFplay revision 7768.

Submit your sample to the FFmpeg developers:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html
Old 6th February 2007, 19:09   #240  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Decoding seems to be a little more stable if you re-mux the video stream into the .MP4 container (along with re-encoded AC3-to-AAC audio)...

Cheers

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl