Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 26th January 2019, 19:33   #3221  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
Hi, I know this is wrong:
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip, vs.RGB24)
but it causes crash for all apps loading script, that error is not caught by script evaluations, perhaps vs.RGB24 is being loaded into wrong place. It gives out legit VideoNode though. RAM overruns even with core.max_cache_size set.
Your missing format syntax. You should only leave out the syntax if you know exactly the order of the variables are.

clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip, format=vs.RGB24)

You could also Use this:

clip = core.fmtc.resample (clip, css="444")
clip = core.fmtc.matrix (clip, mat="709", col_fam=vs.RGB)
clip = core.fmtc.bitdepth (clip, bits=8)
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 22:43   #3222  |  Link
_Al_

Yes, I wanted to bring up if anyone makes this line it freezes and crashes, because Vapoursynth takes 2000010 (id for vs.RGB24) as width.
Argument width, does not have to be explicitly stated, width=something. But that resize is quite complex thing. Color spaces conversions etc., maybe it should be mandatory to state width=something, format=something. Not gravely important, sure.
This is one of those things to repel newcomers to use Vapoursynth. Resize is almost used in every script. So format has to be specified, but not width, not a consistent somehow. It is hard to understand if you are a video guy, not a programmer. But again, I do not expect this to be fixed, I take it as a flag if someone googles it or whatever.

Last edited by _Al_; 26th January 2019 at 22:45.
_Al_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 23:19   #3223  |  Link
poisondeathray

No pathway . That's the error message.

If "clip" is YUV, you need to specify matrix_in_s="709" (or whatever matrix) , if it's not already specified in the clip props
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 23:40   #3224  |  Link
_Al_

I understand that. It took me some hours though to figure that out last year. It takes that value from props, if it is usable, it uses it. Sometimes it is in props , sometimes not, it depends if source filter registers that taking it from video. If not , it has to be specified, if it is needed and not specified error is returned. Which in a sense is great, because we do not want to have any defaults in background going on. If those values loaded by source plugin taken from video are correct ones is another issue of course.
Also values in props are numerical (int) and to get corresponding string value, other script lines are needed to put it on screen. Which you of course can mess you up if you are learning it. :-) matrix table of numerical values with corresponding string values:
Code:
matrix_ITU = {0:'rgb', 1:'709', 2:'unspec', 3:'reserved', 4:'fcc',
           5:'470bg', 6:'170m', 7:'240m', 8:'ycgco', 9:'2020ncl',
          10:'2020cl' , 100:'OPP',
          }

matrix_USABLE_ITU = ['709', 'fcc', '470bg', '170m', '240m', 'ycgco', '2020ncl', '2020cl', 'OPP']
myrsloik website explains that but those numbers are not matching, I pulled them from here
page 430 Table E.5 Matrix coefficients interpretation

Last edited by _Al_; 27th January 2019 at 00:19.
_Al_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2019, 00:31   #3225  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Yes, I wanted to bring up if anyone makes this line it freezes and crashes, because Vapoursynth takes 2000010 (id for vs.RGB24) as width.
Yup the error handling is missing, it should return the error instead of crashing the program.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2019, 01:55   #3226  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
This is one of those things to repel newcomers to use Vapoursynth. Resize is almost used in every script. So format has to be specified, but not width, not a consistent somehow. It is hard to understand if you are a video guy, not a programmer. But again, I do not expect this to be fixed, I take it as a flag if someone googles it or whatever.
The problem was that the parameter order wasn't obeyed, so when you told it width=vs.RGB24 (which is what you did by omitting actual width and height and then not explicitly declaring format=), it did exactly what it was told and interpreted 'vs.RGB24' as an integer.

video,848,480,vs.RGB24 = this will work
video,vs.RGB24 = this won't work

AviSynth works exactly the same way concerning parameter order - if you drop one parameter in the middle, everything after that requires explicitly declaring the parameter name too for the values to be set to the right option.

The actual source of the immediate crash is that resizing to 2 million pixels wide is going to cause problems *somewhere* in the chain.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 05:33   #3227  |  Link
asarian

Can you set a (vertical) offset to core.sub.ImageFile? Really looking to lower the subs a bit.
Old 1st February 2019, 13:01   #3228  |  Link
jackoneill
unsigned int

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Can you set a (vertical) offset to core.sub.ImageFile? Really looking to lower the subs a bit.
No, but if you pass blend=False you get only the subtitles, and you can use Crop and AddBorders to move them. Of course then you have to blend them manually with your video clip.

http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/plugins/subtext.html
Old 1st February 2019, 15:11   #3229  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoneill View Post
No, but if you pass blend=False you get only the subtitles, and you can use Crop and AddBorders to move them. Of course then you have to blend them manually with your video clip.

http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/plugins/subtext.html
Thanks.

I tried to whip out the old SupTitle.dll (as I remembered it can do 'relocation'), but that wouldn't run somehow:

core.avs.LoadPlugin ("C:/VS/plugins/SupTitle.dll")

Should still work, right?!

EDIT: Yeah, that's an old 32-bit filter. Nevermind.

Last edited by asarian; 1st February 2019 at 16:24.
asarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 02:25   #3230  |  Link
lansing

Would it be a good idea for vapoursynth to implicitly set the value of an argument to its default value when we declared it without giving it a value? Something like this

Code:
fm = core.vivtc.VFM(clip, order)
instead of this
Code:
fm = core.vivtc.VFM(clip, order=0) # assuming 0 is the default
Sometime when I'm testing a filter, I would display all its arguments with vs editor's autocomplete feature, and I don't want to go into the manual to enter the default value manually for everyone of them.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 13:07   #3231  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

I was trying to load pinterf's MVTools2 build in Vapoursynth, but the functions don't appear in the avs namespace (using core.avs.MAnalyze just says that the function doesn't exist). I get this error in the VapourSynth Editor log, is it the reason?

Avisynth Compat: varargs not implemented so I'm just gonna skip importing MStoreVect
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:47   #3232  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
I was trying to load pinterf's MVTools2 build in Vapoursynth, but the functions don't appear in the avs namespace (using core.avs.MAnalyze just says that the function doesn't exist). I get this error in the VapourSynth Editor log, is it the reason?

Avisynth Compat: varargs not implemented so I'm just gonna skip importing MStoreVect
Support for avisynth mvtools was removed in R40 due to the ugly hacks needed that slowed down all avisynth filter creation. And and a native version has existed for a long time now.

You can probably grab the avscompat.dll from R39 and use that if you really want to test things though.
Old 3rd February 2019, 19:51   #3233  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Thanks, looks like I'll skip it then. I was just thinking about testing it in case Zopti starts crashing the native plugin which probably doesn't have all the fixes and tweaks from the AVS version. It's been quite some time since the last commit.
Old 3rd February 2019, 20:03   #3234  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Thanks, looks like I'll skip it then. I was just thinking about testing it in case Zopti starts crashing the native plugin which probably doesn't have all the fixes and tweaks from the AVS version. It's been quite some time since the last commit.
Just report the bugs you find and they should probably get fixed quite quickly.
Old 3rd February 2019, 22:26   #3235  |  Link
gonca

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154696
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Thanks.

I tried to whip out the old SupTitle.dll (as I remembered it can do 'relocation'), but that wouldn't run somehow:

core.avs.LoadPlugin ("C:/VS/plugins/SupTitle.dll")

Should still work, right?!

EDIT: Yeah, that's an old 32-bit filter. Nevermind.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 23:04   #3236  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
The latest released version crashes... a lot. I recommend using the version jackoneill shared after fixing this issue (download link available at that url).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
Just report the bugs you find and they should probably get fixed quite quickly.
I have another issue open, hopefully that one can be fixed as well. But I totally understand it can take time, the author is doing this on his free time after all.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2019, 05:32   #3237  |  Link
Fabulist

Hello,

May I ask if there is some kind of guide or documentation to help me make VapourSynth work with PotPlayer (more specifically, with madVR/SVP)? I have been researching this for days; I run multiple different installations of both VapourSynth and PotPlayer, seemingly appropriate, but I simply cannot make it work with PotPlayer itself, and of course not with anything else - I have no idea what I am missing.

Sorry to bother, and I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask.

Thanks.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 07:31   #3238  |  Link
hydra3333

Intel claim to speed up python runtime by 20x, for free
https://www.infoworld.com/article/33...lq_cid=4495538
Quote:
Intel’s distribution is a tuned version of the open source Python we all normally use. It’s been prebuilt to deliver much higher performance by a variety of methods, but most importantly by relying on the Intel Performance Libraries to accelerate x86 and x86-64 performance. This means that performance improvements can come without changing our Python code.
I suppose this does not have any relevance to vapoursynth ?

Cheers
hydra3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 11:17   #3239  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
Intel claim to speed up python runtime by 20x, for free
https://www.infoworld.com/article/33...lq_cid=4495538

I suppose this does not have any relevance to vapoursynth ?

Cheers
Probably none. The real work is done in the filters.
Old 13th February 2019, 14:17   #3240  |  Link
RainyDog

Vapoursynth newbie here.

Can anyone help me get this bbmod AVS port to work please?

I assume it should be something along the lines of the below syntax but with the correct instruction to replace the *?

clip = core.*.bbmod2(c, cTop = 0, cBottom = 0, cLeft = 0, cRight = 0, thresh = 128, blur = 999)

Thanks.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed, vaporware, vapoursynth