Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th August 2009, 10:51   #1  |  Link
JackSnap

Any 'Whats on TV' data feeds?

Hi,

I am looking for any feed that would tell me whats on tv (UK TV) in a computer data format. (any will do)
So I can see whats coming on over the next few weeks, and also use it to work out whats on now and next.

I know there are many many website that are showing this information, I just wondered where they get their feeds from, and is it free? I dont really want to leech it from another website, Id rather have the raw data.

Reason for this is Im thinking of building a site myself, with some slight differences. and having this information would be critical for what I want to do.

If anybody has any ideas, the info would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks.
JackSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 11:45   #2  |  Link
Nick
One click is all it takes

The listings, as far as I know are protected by Database Rights legislation in the UK.

The information is therefore not in the public domain. Anyone publishing TV listings in the UK is required by law under the Broadcasting Act (1990) (as amended) to pay a royalty to the relevant broadcasters. Red Bee Media Broadcasting Dataservices collects this royalty on behalf of the major broadcasters (BBC, ITVA and Channel 4 Television).

Upon purchase of a licence they will provide you with the raw data.
For personal use on my HTPC, I get the data via RSS from bleb.org.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 12:34   #3  |  Link
kieranrk

Depending on the number of channels you want you could try pulling this data from the Freesat/Freeview EPG or Sky's EPG data. There are open source parsers out there that can do that.
kieranrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data, guide, listings, tvguide