Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 12th October 2012, 00:36   #1  |  Link
OvejaNegra
ekTOMBE STUDIOS

seek to specific frame on specific line on script

Hi:

Let say i have a script like this on avsp, virtual dub or any other tool:

Code:
MPEG2Source("C:\STRW\01.d2v", cpu=0,info=3)
ColorMatrix(interlaced=true,hints=false,threads=2,d2v="C:\STRW\01.d2v") 
interp = separatefields().eedi2(field=-2)
deint = tdeint(mode=2,edeint=interp)
TFM(mode=5,pp=2,display=false,slow=2,mChroma=true,micmatching=0,cthresh=1,chroma=false,d2v="C:\STRW\01.d2v",micout=0,input="TFM_.txt",batch=true,ovr="tfm_ovr.txt")
if i seek to frame 900 (for example) i will see the real frame 900 of the stream (after tfm processing of course)

but if i add TDecimate, since is a decimator after all, the frame 900 will be a different frame now.

i want to seek to the frame 900 BEFORE TDecimate to see the new frame 900 after the decimation, sorry its confusing to explain this in english.

what i want:

if i use ovr on TFM and TDecimate to specify a range of frames as interlaced and video section (let say frames from 1000 to 1400) i want to locate those frames but after the decimation (they wont be the 1000 to 14000 now because TDecimate removes frames before them).
The reason? to bob those frames and change the frame count and timecodes after that.

Of course, in the real world, it wont be a single range, so it wont be that easy as seek and look on avsp.

Or maybe decimate the true film sections to 8 fps (if not pans or real motion of course) and change the timecodes after that, but thats another story.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:46   #2  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

If you add a call to ShowFrameNumber() before calling TDecimate(), you will see the original frame numbers printed on the output. Then you can use these as a guide to seek to the position you want.
Old 12th October 2012, 14:30   #3  |  Link
mastrboy

you could just specify tdecimate(display=true), and tdecimate will show which actual frame it's using and some more useful info.

Tags
avisynth, tivtc