Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 11th February 2007, 03:32   #1  |  Link
photoguy123
the batteram battery

Any way to wrap text?

Is there any to add text to a video and have it autowrap to a given area?

This is pretty simple in a desktop app, but I can't seem to find it in SubTitle, SubTitleEx, or in searches I've done.

Thanks for any ideas...

pg
photoguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 10:11   #2  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Sorry no autowrap.

From 2.5.7 SubTitle(..., lsp=0) will enable the manual multiline facility, i.e. by defining the lsp parameter. To cause text to wrap include "\n" in your text where you want a line break. lsp values other than 0 increase (+) or decrease (-) the line spacing in approx 12% (font dependant) of line height units.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 20:46   #3  |  Link
photoguy123
the batteram battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Sorry no autowrap.

From 2.5.7 SubTitle(..., lsp=0) will enable the manual multiline facility, i.e. by defining the lsp parameter. To cause text to wrap include "\n" in your text where you want a line break. lsp values other than 0 increase (+) or decrease (-) the line spacing in approx 12% (font dependant) of line height units.
That's unfortunate, but thanks your reply Ian.

I have found the simplest way to to create tiny title utility that saves out the frame as desired, then it can be manipulated in avisynth in anyway you like.

It's a bit of a hassle to have to run a separate app, but GDI+ text support is actually pretty powerful and with just a few lines of code does many more tricks.

Regards,
PG
photoguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 01:20   #4  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Sorry no autowrap.

Oh, so that's what does it. Here I thought I was just mistaken about thinking it had been included in the avisynth core.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 00:46   #5  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

@foxyshadis, I really do try to not change the expected behaviour of Avisynth across versions. Generally to get access to a new feature you will have to explicitly script for it. Old scripts should continue to function as expected.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 13:23   #6  |  Link
Dreamject

I searched for it but did not find, now you can use avs+ http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Internal_functions#LeftStr
to divide in 2 string string you need to use LeftStr, RightStr and StrLen(string)/2 or limit one part to some number

Str="AyeZabivЪуъСъука"
Length=StrLen(Str)
MaxStrWidth=Ceil(float(Length)/2)
wtf1=LeftStr(Str,MaxStrWidth)
wtf2=RightStr(Str,Length-MaxStrWidth)

then subtitle wtf1 and wtf2

Last edited by Dreamject; 16th May 2019 at 13:42.
Dreamject is offline   Reply With Quote