Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 28th July 2018, 15:31   #22961  |  Link
mclingo

any way to test whats going on here, I also have a pair of arctis 7's plugged in, they also work over a wireless dongle, they work, however i'm getting too much latency on those so i'm probably going to send them back and keep the Sony's as I dont want to constantly have to change latency settings.

!!! caution, off topic !!!! - finding some wireless headphones just for movies is a total nightmare, none of them seem to be able to do everything well
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 16:22   #22962  |  Link
mclingo

Hi, I might have solved the latency issue on my artis 7's so dont bother with platinum issue. Thanks.
Old 28th July 2018, 19:46   #22963  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
No, it does not.
Why you so sure?
I'm not sure you've tried ffplay.exe -vf weave,yadif=1 "Zee TV20180716-203544.ts" because only blind man not see the difference between ffplay and any players on ZEE TV logo - with ffplay it's normal but in players vertically stretched x2 it flickers like old Bob deinterlacing on ordinary SD MPEG2 or H264 interlaced streams.
Quote:
There will be no manual hackery for HEVC interlaced, or trying to get separate fields to work. Either it adopts standard decoding, or it won't be supported.
I repeat - many modern TVsets already support streams like Zee TV20180716-203544.ts well so it's de facto standard for H265 interlaced video even if you don't know and/or it isn't on paper - so when such (mostly SD) videos will be often in Internet you'll have to return to this question in a future (like it was with "bad streams for nVIDIA DXVA" and you did CUVID for that working as I said but for Win7 and newer only) so why don't you do it now and question i.e. http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4141 (thanks clsid) will be closed?

Last edited by VictorLS; 28th July 2018 at 19:49.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 19:50   #22964  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I'm so sure because I actually know how LAV and FFmpeg works. I could entirely repeat the previous post, but it would not make a difference. FFmpeg needs to properly support HEVC interlaced without custom filtering to fix it, there is nothing for LAV to do. I will most definitely not implement work-arounds that are slow and also just don't work with hardware decoding.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 28th July 2018 at 19:53.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 21:49   #22965  |  Link
VictorLS

This is more clear - as I understand correctly you don't want do anything with it while ffmpeg not improved for correctly Zee TV20180716-203544.ts decoding without any "external" filters like weave?
Quote:
I will most definitely not implement work-arounds that are slow and also just don't work with hardware decoding.
But interlaced are just SD and HD (as minimum from SATs) so even my old three-core AMD AthlonII x3 460 decodes them without hardware acceleration easily in MPEG2, H264 and H265.
May be implementing -vf function with automatic turning off hardware acceleration [i.e. rectangle where people can write any working ffmpeg filter (or comma-separated filters) in with check near it to activate and prefer it over other settings] in LAV Video Decoder will solve present (and may be many future various) issue?

Last edited by VictorLS; 28th July 2018 at 22:15.
Old 29th July 2018, 07:00   #22966  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
This is more clear - as I understand correctly you don't want do anything with it while ffmpeg not improved for correctly Zee TV20180716-203544.ts decoding without any "external" filters like weave?

But interlaced are just SD and HD (as minimum from SATs) so even my old three-core AMD AthlonII x3 460 decodes them without hardware acceleration easily in MPEG2, H264 and H265.
May be implementing -vf function with automatic turning off hardware acceleration [i.e. rectangle where people can write any working ffmpeg filter (or comma-separated filters) in with check near it to activate and prefer it over other settings] in LAV Video Decoder will solve present (and may be many future various) issue?
Dude, it's not going to happen, how many times do you need to be told it's not going to happen? Use ffplay with custom filtering to watch these and beg ffmpeg to support it, not nev, because he doesn't care. And for the most part, neither does anyone else outside of India; ZeeTV chose to use a backward format versus the entire rest of the world, so it won't get fixed until someone personally affected by it fixes it.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 08:07   #22967  |  Link
VictorLS

foxyshadis
How much time I have to say it's from SAT so I and many SAT amateurs need decoder (not player) - to watch such streams in maximum possible quality directly from SAT - not record from SAT (as it was with "bad streams")? And so h265 becomes standard de facto (SAT providers use it for ~ two times less bandwidth with comparable quality in h264) and not support interlaced streams in right way like h264 but SD and HD from SATs still interlaced for a long time ( so support such Zee TV streams (there is more than 20 channels from several Russian SAT providers and it grows up day by day) is question of the time. Besides it's very easy (compared to NVIDIA CUVID 10bit support was implemented too as I said but for Win7 and newer) to implement - "history is just spiral" )
As I told give people choice and they choose best.

Last edited by VictorLS; 24th February 2021 at 18:35.
Old 29th July 2018, 10:11   #22968  |  Link
lvqcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
How much time I have to say it's from SAT so I and many SAT amateurs need decoder (not player)
How much time people have to say to you that it doesn't matter.
lvqcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 10:25   #22969  |  Link
el Filou

Victor, you just don't understand nev's position, do you?
LAV has to 'just work', and this exceptional case would not be compatible with that without a lot of work that is beyond LAV development philosophy, which is to just use ffmpeg 'as is' for software decoding.
While a lot of stuff used interlacing with AVC, including Blu-rays, interlaced HEVC is just too rare and for a reason because it's less efficient as it cannot use the interlace optimised coding tools AVC had. This is a mistake from your SAT provider, just because something is technically possible does not mean it is recommended, sometimes it's just an inefficient dirty trick, which this is. I doubt they're really getting the same quality for half the bandwidth with those interlaced-as-progressive HEVC streams.
So go ask ffmpeg to make the changes so that their HEVC software decoder outputs this particular case of HEVC as 1080i50 instead of 540p50, and then it will 'just work' with LAV in software decoding.
The ideal way to broadcast material that originated in 1080i50 with HEVC is to deinterlace it to 1080p50 before broadcasting it. You can ask your SAT provider to fix this.

Edit: here's the ticket you're interested in: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5514

Last edited by el Filou; 29th July 2018 at 11:06.
el Filou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 00:47   #22970  |  Link
YGPMOLE

Pin Info bug, decoding bug, o my mistake??!?

Hi folks!

Maybe I'm writing something stupid but, or I found a bug in LAV Video decoder and/or Pin Info, or I didn't understand how it works and I'll be glad if someone would explain to me.

On Windows 10 64 Bit I'm using MPC-BE with LAV Splitter/Video/Audio Decoder, madVR and (only for SD and HD resolution) FFDshow by SmoothVideo Project for frame rate conversion. The output resolution is 1920x1080@59.970 that madVR automatically change to 3840x2160 in case of UHD files.

Playing an HEVC 3840x2160@23.976 file with DXVA D3D11 in hardware decoding, the Pin Info shows the correct resolution both for input (from LAV Splitter) and output (to madVR). Changing to software decoding, the output Pin Info shows a resolution of 4096x2160@23.976 (that means 4x1024 and not 2x1920) to madVR.

I made the same try with a 1920x1080@23.976: Pin Info shows the same correct input/output resolution in hardware decoding, in software decoding the output file passed to FFDshow (using the frame Rate conversion of SmoothVideo Project) become 2048x1080@23.976 (2x1024 and not 1920x1080@59.970).
Without the frame rate conversion, the Pin Info shows an output file resolution of 1024x1080@23.976.

Seems that in software decoding the output file is based on multiplies of 1024 instead of 1920 (or the Pin info shows it). Am I wrong?

P.S. Sorry for the bad english and the possible mistakes (I'm not translating with Google, but learning to write).

Best Regards. Leo!
Old 18th August 2018, 02:40   #22971  |  Link
huhn

you are missing an important part of info here is the file displayed correctly or not.

having a bigger resolution (usually multiplier of 1024)shown in outpin is totally normal.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 13:49   #22972  |  Link
YGPMOLE

The images on video are ok, I have not problems.

But I was wondering (if what outpin shown it's true) why madVR have to do an extra unwanted scaling for everything that comes at 1024 (or multiplier) to 1920 (or multiplier), expecially when sources and display matches (i.e. blu-rays at 1920 and UHD at 3840). I though that LAV should leave the resolution untouchedÂ…

Another question, if you can help me: assuming that madVR does the resize and color space conversion in the best way it's possible (at least that's what I understood from madVR thread), what color space output I should set in LAV Filters to avoid multiplies conversions? I mean, I would like that everything goes to madVR untouched (both resolution and color space) and it does it's magic!
Old 18th August 2018, 16:34   #22973  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

There is no scaling. Its just a technical detail on how the image is transported to madVR.
Old 18th August 2018, 18:55   #22974  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGPMOLE View Post
Another question, if you can help me: assuming that madVR does the resize and color space conversion in the best way it's possible (at least that's what I understood from madVR thread), what color space output I should set in LAV Filters to avoid multiplies conversions? I mean, I would like that everything goes to madVR untouched (both resolution and color space) and it does it's magic!
defaults are fine you can tick AYUV for rare files that are decoded to that format and risk other renderer not working correctly. but 8 bit 4:4:4 is 8 bit 4.4:4 so YV24 should be perfectly fine.
Old 20th August 2018, 22:28   #22975  |  Link
Megalith

What are the benefits of "headless mode"?

Also, is it just me, or does deinterlacing not work with D3D11?
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 22:50   #22976  |  Link
huhn

madVR doesn't support deinterlancing with d3d11 native and that's why i personally say don't use it.

the benefit of headless mode is you can use a GPU that is not correct to a display(headless) like a iGPU this is not possible with dxva.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:50   #22977  |  Link
mclingo

do we think D3D11 will ever support it?
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:25   #22978  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Pausing bitstreaming is always a bit of an issue, because the AVR loses the bitstream sync no matter what you do, and specifically in DirectShow as well, because the audio decoder doesn't really control any of that. The renderer might still be buffering data, so even if the decoder tries to reset the bitstream on un-pause, there is no guarantee that it would work.
Any possibility of debugging this? The latest release version of LAV Filters pretty much guarantees that when I pause the content, bitstreaming cuts out even after resuming. Sometimes takes up to 10 tries pause/resumes for my receiver to pick up the audio again.
Snowknight26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:07   #22979  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Any possibility of debugging this? The latest release version of LAV Filters pretty much guarantees that when I pause the content, bitstreaming cuts out even after resuming. Sometimes takes up to 10 tries pause/resumes for my receiver to pick up the audio again.
I can't reproduce that, and anything I tested that might theoretically make a difference just broke it here.

I would recommend trying a different audio renderer.
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:46   #22980  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
do we think D3D11 will ever support it?
It's on madshi's list of things to do for madvr.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter