Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th September 2003, 11:01   #1  |  Link
DSP8000
Doom9 Member

Stereo to 5.1 Surround(NEW METOD)

Hi! This is my first post.
I've been regular visitor for about 1 year to this forum & all I can say is BIG THANK YOU.I do understand "The Ambisonic Metod" & I did lots of conversions in this way.
Another way that I use at the moment is this:
Import stereo wav in Adobe Audition,Multitrack layout,wiev Multichannel Encoder,on the right side there is track options,I choose surround panner,stereo source,adjust sub channel level to 50,center channel 100,track level 100.Export options:Export as 6 individual mono wave files.After that import just the LFE in Sound Forge & apply resonant filter @ 65 Hz,Resonance 2.0,Wet/Dry 100%,Apply filter settings & export as 48000,32 Bit mono.The LFE now is set all I need now is surround "effect".
Import the LeftSurround & RightSurround in Sound Forge apply "AnalogX Vocal Remover" & export them again to the same dir where I have the other files.Now I have 6 mono wave files ready for encoding AC3,DTS.
The Final result sounds good to me,but if anyone knows better solutions(excluding "The Ambisonic Metod) please let us know.
Thanks again to Doom9
DSP8000 is offline   Reply With Quote