Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 13th February 2007, 17:24   #41  |  Link
rvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealTooGreat View Post
I've downloaded smplayer today...it's 07024-12 version! Is "version 0.1.7" new numeration.
I upload quite often binary updates for windows. The latest is 0.1.3.

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/down...date_0.1.3.zip

It's a small zip containing only the smplayer executable and translations.

I couldn't upload the 0.1.7 update because the sourceforge server is down.

Edit: Now you can get the 0.1.7 update from here.

Quote:
idx+sub(are not functional without each other) are DVD subtitles. Mplayer CLI, by Celtic Druid, loads it by default.
Where can I get a sample?

Quote:
Can not manage smplayer(as a GUI) to work correctly with mplayer by Celtic Druid 2-Feb-2007 build.
Try disabling the ASS subtitles. It seems that those builds crash with the -ass options.

Last edited by rvm; 13th February 2007 at 18:01.
rvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 19:23   #42  |  Link
SealTooGreat

Quote:
Where can I get a sample?
You can get it from HERE.
Under "free" choose "download"...another window will popup and wait 40sec in that second window. Enter the code and press [Download the file]
*edit*
With 0.1.7 build, idx/sub works OK. Same is for MKV chapters.
Strange, your player loads .SUB, but MPC or FFDShow loads .IDX.
Thanks

Last edited by SealTooGreat; 13th February 2007 at 20:11.
SealTooGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 20:07   #43  |  Link
rvm

Ok, thank you.

I'll tried to add support for these files.

About the drag and drop, I've just implement it
It will be in version 0.1.8.

Quote:
*edit*
With 0.1.7 build, idx/sub works OK. Same is for MKV chapters.
Thanks
It subtitles work maybe because mplayer autoloads, but that's completely accidental.
Old 13th February 2007, 20:27   #44  |  Link
SealTooGreat

Quote:
It subtitles work maybe because mplayer autoloads, but that's completely accidental.
With autoloads, work fine, but manually I can load IDX/SUB by choosing .SUB which is incorrect way. MPC and FFDShow do it properly by choosing .IDX.
Quote:
About the drag and drop, I've just implement it
It will be in version 0.1.8.
Old 13th February 2007, 20:47   #45  |  Link
Henrikx

Update German ....0.1.7
smplayer_de_0..1.7.7z
http://www.mytempdir.com/1215375

Great Work rvm !!
Old 14th February 2007, 00:55   #46  |  Link
rvm

Quote:
With autoloads, work fine, but manually I can load IDX/SUB by choosing .SUB which is incorrect way. MPC and FFDShow do it properly by choosing .IDX.
Yes, these subtitles require that I use another option (-vobsub) instead of -sub. That's why the idx/sub are not working right now.

About version 0.1.8. Sourceforge is still down. You can get the windows update here.

Now the main window accepts drops. If you drag one file it will be played. If you drag more than one, all of them will be added to the playlist and the first one will start playing.

Note: the playlist window doesn't accept drops yet.

I also added the Henrikx's updated translation.

Edit: version 0.1.9 will be able to load sub/idx subtitles. You'll have to select the idx file. I've been test it and it seems it's working:

BTW: This idx/sub files contains only subtitles for one language, or can they contain more than one? (in that case we're in trouble...)

Last edited by rvm; 14th February 2007 at 03:16.
Old 14th February 2007, 07:10   #47  |  Link
SealTooGreat

Confirm..drug'n'drop is working,now....both mentioned cases.
Quote:
BTW: This idx/sub files contains only subtitles for one language, or can they contain more than one? (in that case we're in trouble...)
Yes, thay can contain more than one language....In this case I've been using "Cycle Subtitle Languages" in GMPlayer..very usefull options....but I'm not sure about commandline/shortcut switche for this...I think taster "V" can perform this command --> disable/enable/cycle subtitle(NOTE that 'cycle' pop up when there's more than one language)
Anyway, thanks for the updates.
*edit*
I think I was wrong about "V" taster.
HERE is a full working multi(4)-language IDX/SUB.

Last edited by SealTooGreat; 14th February 2007 at 07:42.
Old 14th February 2007, 11:20   #48  |  Link
Gusar

By default, 'j' is used in mplayer to cycle between subtitles. 'v' turns subtitles on/off.
Gusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 12:20   #49  |  Link
EpheMeroN
EphMan

smplayer 0.17 feedback

"All testing is being done on a PIII 700mhz system with 256mb ram using an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro video card running on Windows XP SP2 Professional."

I have smplayer window maxmized while I goto open another video file. When next video file starts to play the window size goes back to default, but now you have to click the maximize button twice to get it to fill screen again instead of once. Also, when you click on maximize the first time, the window size changes yet again and moves to a different position on screen. If this confused you, I can record a video of it in action.

Onto the slider bar... is it possible to have better precision with this? When I click on the slider in hopes to have the video go to that specific part, it jumps either way left or way right completely missing where I want it to be.

+ and - on keypad makes 200ms increment adjustments for a/v sync. How can I have it do 100ms increments?

If a video is playing and I go into smplayer's preferences and enable the "Use software volume control" option it freezes and crashes smplayer/mplayer.

Font question for subtitles: Can I simply point the config to my Arial.ttf file?

Under Video options: Would be great to have a PAL>NTSC option available to do 25fps to 23.976fps video.
EpheMeroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 17:20   #50  |  Link
rvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpheMeroN View Post
I have smplayer window maxmized while I goto open another video file. When next video file starts to play the window size goes back to default, but now you have to click the maximize button twice to get it to fill screen again instead of once. Also, when you click on maximize the first time, the window size changes yet again and moves to a different position on screen. If this confused you, I can record a video of it in action.
Go to Options->Preferences->Misc and on "Main window resize method" select "never".

Quote:
Onto the slider bar... is it possible to have better precision with this? When I click on the slider in hopes to have the video go to that specific part, it jumps either way left or way right completely missing where I want it to be.
That seems to be the normal behavior of the Qt sliders. If you try you will see that the volume slider does the same.

Quote:
+ and - on keypad makes 200ms increment adjustments for a/v sync. How can I have it do 100ms increments?
Yes, it's a bug. I'll fix it.

Quote:
If a video is playing and I go into smplayer's preferences and enable the "Use software volume control" option it freezes and crashes smplayer/mplayer.
It doesn't happen to me. Can you try with a different binary of mplayer?

Quote:
Font question for subtitles: Can I simply point the config to my Arial.ttf file?
In Options->Preferences->Subtitles you can select any ttf you want.
Old 15th February 2007, 02:49   #51  |  Link
rvm

Update for windows: smplayer_update_0.1.9.zip

This version should be able to load idx/sub subtitles.

Meanwhile I've been developing for version 0.1.11 something that I think it could be very interesting.

There are still a lot of options (filters and so on) missing in smplayer. You can pass options to mplayer in the preferences dialog, that allow you to do things that smplayer can't do right now. But there's a problem, those options are global. If you for example add there a crop filter, that filter will try to be applied to all videos you open.

To fix that problem, now you can set additional options for mplayer that will only be used for the current file. That options will be saved, so they'll be used when you open the file again.
And also I've added the possibility of choosing an alternative demuxer, audio codec and video codec.

Tomorrow I will compile this version and upload a binary for windows.

Meanwhile I'll show you some screenshots, so you can get a better idea of what I'm trying to explain:

Old 15th February 2007, 19:46   #52  |  Link
rvm

The sourceforge shell server is still down, so I can't update the web page...

Here you can get the binary update for windows: smplayer_update_0.1.11.zip

The source code of version 0.1.12: smplayer-0.1.12.tar.gz

Changes in 0.1.12:
Quote:
* Added a reset button in demuxer / video & audio codec selection. Clicking that button will select the original option. Useful if you don't remember which one was it.
* Changes in fullscreen mode. Now fullscreen is a global setting. This allows to view all videos in the playlist in fullscreen mode, without switching to window mode everytime a video finished.
* Also added in the preferences a new option: "Start videos in fullscreen". If checked all videos you open will be played in fullscreen.
Old 15th February 2007, 21:59   #53  |  Link
Henrikx

@rvm
PM in your Forum
German Translation 0.1.11
http://www.mytempdir.com/1218070
Old 15th February 2007, 22:24   #54  |  Link
Henrikx

German Translation smplayer 0.1.12
smplayer_de_0.1.12.7z
http://www.mytempdir.com/1218105
Old 19th February 2007, 20:07   #55  |  Link
rvm

I've just upload the binary update for windows: smplayer_update_0.1.17.zip

In this version I have added a video equalizer, it's a little bit ugly right now but I expect to improve it.

So I removed the menu options to change contrast, brightness and so on (but of course key shortcuts still work).

In version 0.1.18 the shuffle button in playlist should work. I will compile this version in windows tonight, and I wish it doesn't make me problems, because I had to use non-Qt functions...
Old 20th February 2007, 19:32   #56  |  Link
rvm

Version 0.1.18 available for windows: smplayer_update_0.1.18.zip

In this version I've made some improvements on the playlist. Now the shuffle button should work.

This is exactly how it works (or should): if shuffle is on, items in the playlist will be played randomly. After each item is played a green check mark will appear, so the user (and the program) know which files have been played and which ones are left.

The next item button will choose a random file too, but the previous button will simply play the file above the current one.

When all files have been played, all the check marks are deleted. If the repeat button is on, then it will start to play again a random file.

Another improvement is that now the playlist saves some settings into the configuration file, like the size of the window.

Last edited by rvm; 21st February 2007 at 01:08.
Old 22nd February 2007, 04:25   #57  |  Link
SealTooGreat

Personally i've been using different audio settings for movies(video&audio) and audio only files. Is it possible to implement this extra feature, for example, if i load audio only file, smlpayer would automatically recognize and apply audio settings for audio only file, but for movies it would apply audio settings for the movies.
BTW link for v0.1.18 doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by SealTooGreat; 22nd February 2007 at 05:19.
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:08   #58  |  Link
rvm

Edit: smplayer_update_0.1.20.zip

The changelog for this version:
Quote:
Version 0.1.19
* In playlist, the Add->Files and Add->Directory update the last directory used for playlist.
* Added some icons in Preferences dialog.
* Added icons for playlist's repeat & shuffle buttons (they are ugly: I did them myself...)
* Added two new buttons in playlist: up and down. You can use them to move items up and down in the list.
Changelog for version 0.1.20 (I'm compiling it right now in windows):
Quote:
Version 0.1.20
* Now if the directory for screenshots is empty, the option -vf-add screenshot will not be passed to mplayer. This lets smplayer to work with old versions of mplayer which don't have that filter.
* More improvements in the playlist: added a play button (will play the selected item). Added a popup menu (right click), with 3 options: play, remove selected and edit. The last option lets you edit the name that will be shown in the playlist for the selected file.
With this, I think the playlist is almost finished.

Last edited by rvm; 22nd February 2007 at 17:51.
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:55   #59  |  Link
rvm

New full packages for smplayer 0.2.0, with installer, are available:

You can get them here.

The packages available are the following:
  • smplayer-0.2.0.tar.gz The source code.
  • smplayer_0.2.0_full_setup.exe The full package for Windows. Includes everything needed: smplayer.exe, shared libraries and a copy of mplayer. This time the version of mplayer is svn-r21703, taken from here (I tested a little bit and it seems very good. It has support for SSA/ASS subtitles and even for fontconfig). The size of this package is about 9 MB.
  • smplayer_0.2.0_without_mplayer_setup.exe. Same as before but without mplayer. It's about 4 MB.
And additionally I've made a package with installer of mplayer svn-r21703: mplayer-svn-r21703-cccp_setup.exe. Useful if you want to use mplayer alone or with another program.

If you find any problem with the installation of any of these packages, please let me know.

Tomorrow I'll upload a src.rpm and a rpm for linux.
Old 3rd March 2007, 17:56   #60  |  Link
Henrikx

smplayer_update_0.2.10 Windows/Linux
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/download_en.php