Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th January 2012, 14:43   #8221  |  Link
wanezhiling

nev, this's PotPlayer's DXVA Renderless mode(Vista/Win7).

CPU is about AVG 10% when using "LAV DXVA2 or DXVA Renderless" and 3% by "PotPlayer's pure DXVA mode" on my PC.

So, is LAV DXVA2 somewhere similar to DXVA Renderless?
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 14:53   #8222  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blexley View Post
Amazing not one thanks for egur but if Nev should posts that he has had a cup of coffee then SamuriHL is straight on here declaring his Love for him.
Excuse me? I don't have an Intel device so I don't use egur's work. If I did I'd thank him just like I do all we've who's work I use. I think it's time to follow madshi's advice now...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 15th January 2012, 15:00   #8223  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
So, is LAV DXVA2 somewhere similar to DXVA Renderless?
I've never used PotPlayer, but i guess the overall concept is similar, there isn't all that much that can be done differently.
Either you send the DXVA surface directly to the renderer ("native", or "pure"), or you copy the frame back to system memory and send that ("copy back", or "renderless", or however you call it)
Old 15th January 2012, 15:19   #8224  |  Link
wanezhiling

I think LAV CUVID is my favor.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 16:39   #8225  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I've never used PotPlayer, but i guess the overall concept is similar, there isn't all that much that can be done differently.
Either you send the DXVA surface directly to the renderer ("native", or "pure"), or you copy the frame back to system memory and send that ("copy back", or "renderless", or however you call it)
Just FYI, from the PotP History.txt (10/01/2012) :
"Added Nvidia CUDA Decoder (MPEG1/2, H264/AVC, VC1 are supported)"
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 00:14   #8226  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Strangely, they stole CUVID source code, but they don't share their code for their DXVA (renderless) decoders. Not fair.
I know, Nevcairiel doesn't need it, but it's just by principle. Let's imagine they can't use Open Source license because of some law. At least, they could just give a bit...
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 01:02   #8227  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
Strangely, they stole CUVID source code, but they don't share their code for their DXVA (renderless) decoders. Not fair.
I know, Nevcairiel doesn't need it, but it's just by principle. Let's imagine they can't use Open Source license because of some law. At least, they could just give a bit...
"VC1 Adapter Filter" looks like Madshis VC1tweak (though the code was never officially released,was it ?) though it's not really hard for someone like Potplayer devs todo a similar one (see AV Splitter dev who also did something similiar though it doesn't work for .wmv) and surely also the CUVID stuff Nev wasn't the first one who implemented it
So far the only prove what they steal (borrow) is ffmpeg and i would say the subtitle engine, some MPC-HC stuff (shader implmentation,EVR Custom), the rest seems speculation, maybe some parts of ffdshow too )
But yeah they could be a little more open, though they integrate everything very well together in their Player it's optimized together for one purpose to work combined the best way possible questionable if it makes sense to port back most of the improvements as they are optimized for their Player framework (hides) @ least though they could have helped by giving back their DXVA improvements to MPC-HC and ffdshow-dxva decoders.

The Mp4 Splitter might be also based on Gabest (MPC-HC) as it doesn't show the same issues like the ffmpeg/libav one implemented in lav splittter and av splitter or they fixed it

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 16th January 2012 at 01:37.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 01:33   #8228  |  Link
blexley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Excuse me? I don't have an Intel device so I don't use egur's work. If I did I'd thank him just like I do all we've who's work I use. I think it's time to follow madshi's advice now...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
So you are not Thankful for the work of people who you don't use but you expect new users that have never used LAV filters to be thankful.

The word hypocrite comes to mind.
blexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 01:34   #8229  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
So you are not Thankful for the work of people who you don't use but you expect new users that have never used LAV filters to be thankful.

Yea, that's what I said. Goodbye.
Old 16th January 2012, 04:41   #8230  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Hi nevcairiel. I will try to test LAVFilters-0.44-dxva2-test-gma.zip and LAVFilters-0.44-dxva2-test3.zip and cannot select DXVA - there is no in list.
Video - integrate Intel HD(i5 - Intel Havendale/Clarkdale Processor - Integrated Graphics Controller)

DXVAChecker -
Old 16th January 2012, 04:57   #8231  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:

Seems pointless to argue with you, so not gonna do it. Just to mention you're not coming off only as a doom9 newbie, but as a forum newbie as well. You keep this behavior on almost any forum, and either you'll get ignored by most of the people you are asking help from, or outright banned.
Old 16th January 2012, 07:38   #8232  |  Link
blexley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Seems pointless to argue with you, so not gonna do it. Just to mention you're not coming off only as a doom9 newbie, but as a forum newbie as well. You keep this behavior on almost any forum, and either you'll get ignored by most of the people you are asking help from, or outright banned.
If Nev was abit more professional and had an official step by step guide for setting up the popular Mediaplayers or linked to an officially endorsed guide on the net that he supported as accurate and should be used as the standard starting point.Then the non-technical minded that do not understand filters and splitters would not have to signup and wait 5 days to be ignored because you lot are fedup with the same question being asked over and over again from 400 page thread that is impossible to comprehend and is outdated.

You are looking for fault in the wrong person when newbies shouldn't have to come here to start with.

Last edited by blexley; 16th January 2012 at 07:43.
Old 16th January 2012, 09:47   #8233  |  Link
Andy o

It's amazing what some people feel they're owed by others giving them stuff for free. Not gonna comment anymore, you probably shouldn't until you have an actual question about the topic.
Old 16th January 2012, 09:55   #8234  |  Link
blexley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
It's amazing what some people feel they're owed by others giving them stuff for free. Not gonna comment anymore, you probably shouldn't until you have an actual question about the topic.
You are being as illogical and nonsensical as everybody else.

What use is something that is free if you can't use it and how can you be greatful or acting if you are owded for something that you haven't even used. ?
Old 16th January 2012, 10:49   #8235  |  Link
Sebastiii

Please blexley, try to be constructive
Old 16th January 2012, 10:57   #8236  |  Link
blexley

I thought pointing out the gapping flaw that the non-technical minded are being forced to come here for help with the same problem was being constructive.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:20   #8237  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Then the non-technical minded that do not understand filters and splitters would not have to signup and wait 5 days to be ignored because you lot are fedup with the same question being asked over and over again from 400 page thread that is impossible to comprehend and is outdated.
I'm sorry, I probably a bit out of topic but if you want to watch video on PC you should have at least basic understanding about filters stuff and how it works. "non-technical mindedness" is not an excuse. If someone is not non-technical minded to this point, I wonder why he uses PC at all.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 11:45   #8238  |  Link
blexley

That is like suggesting you need to understand the micro electronics and how HDMI leads work with digital broadcast just to use the remote on your TV.

Why would anybody need to understand anything more than install and play. ?

Last edited by blexley; 16th January 2012 at 11:47.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:52   #8239  |  Link
psymed

delete this post
Quote:
Why would anybody need to understand anything more than install and play. ?
If you want "plug and play", download cccp? It includes lav filters.

Last edited by psymed; 16th January 2012 at 11:55.
psymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 12:08   #8240  |  Link
blexley

Why are you supposed to install loads of stuff from cccp just to use the included lav filters. ?

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter