Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 16th December 2011, 07:46   #18641  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
What I meant to say is that the connection between the MPC splitter, which outputs a pin for every stream, doesn't relay the stream's language code to the connected filter (i.e. DirectVobSub).
Is this not possible or just missing code in vobsub/mpc?
For subtitles at least, it sets the language in the FORMAT_SubtitleInfo block. Its quite possible that DVS just fails at reading it.

TBH, i see no reason whatsoever to use the MPC-HC MVK Splitter for anything these days, it has no features or advantages over LAV or Haali.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 16th December 2011 at 08:19.
Old 16th December 2011, 17:49   #18642  |  Link
Superb

Can anybody please commit the following fixes:
a. http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1899
b. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f5q9v9 (explanation)
c. http://www.sendspace.com/file/r8xk3y (explanation)
?

They only affect the RTL interface and make it usable under RTL OSs.

EDIT: I'm talking w/ Underground78 regarding the patches and even more RTL improvements.

Last edited by Superb; 18th December 2011 at 16:49.
Old 16th December 2011, 21:41   #18643  |  Link
Reino

I would appreciate it if TAK could be added to MPC-HC's file extension list. If OptimFROG is in it, TAK deserves to be in it too imo.
Old 16th December 2011, 22:48   #18644  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

nev:
Just trying to be complete in my stream-selection code since MPC's codecs are still being used, they're not my default choice either.
Old 17th December 2011, 23:45   #18645  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
For music you have fb2k. Or songbird if you want opensource. I believe there are even more alternatives that I'm not aware of.
The best one for Windows at the moment is at:

http://getmusicbee.com

Free - and dev is much friendlier than fb2k
Old 18th December 2011, 01:29   #18646  |  Link
LV3

Hi all I started using this as my media player but I've had a problem I can't seem to find a resolution to anywhere. I have a 5.1 channel audio setup (this is the system default) however when playing movies with Media Player Classic HC I only get stereo...

Windows Media Player outputs 5.1 just fine but it can't play Blu-Ray and MPCHC is a more convenient player anyways. I have no idea how to mess with MPCHC's audio output system (in fact most of the players settings confuse me), and it's not working right even though the player says its reading the 5.1 track!

Forgive me if there already is one but a 'how to' guide for this program would be very welcome as well.
Old 18th December 2011, 12:22   #18647  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

If you are using internal filters you have to set number of output channels in decoder setting, by default it's 2.0. (options->internal filters->double click on decoder)

Personally I would suggest you to use LAV filters instead of internal filters. Anyway here is nice guide to set up MPC-HC http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html

Last edited by kasper93; 18th December 2011 at 12:27.
Old 19th December 2011, 00:25   #18648  |  Link
Superb

Alright, now that the first batch of RTL fixes is in (Underground78 committed it), it is time to talk about improving the translation system.
In my opinion it should work w/ string tables (in rc files compiled to dlls) instead of doubling the resource file completely.
Each dialog's class should contain a Localize() method which will load the strings to the controls.
See the eMule source code (MFC-based as well, of course) for a nice way of doing it.
It will also simplify the process of submitting/adding/editing a translation. Will allow the project to get rid of some of the scripts for syncing the translation.
It will also allow the project to dump the txt files and use the regular RC by itself.
What do you think?
Old 19th December 2011, 01:45   #18649  |  Link
CruNcher

MPC-HC Matroska parser fails @ correct playback of both remuxes http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163478 dshow = haali muxer cmd = mkvmerge

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 19th December 2011 at 01:48.
Old 19th December 2011, 05:54   #18650  |  Link
LV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
If you are using internal filters you have to set number of output channels in decoder setting, by default it's 2.0. (options->internal filters->double click on decoder)

Personally I would suggest you to use LAV filters instead of internal filters. Anyway here is nice guide to set up MPC-HC http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html
Thanks a bunch, it works now! Sorry if this was in the wrong thread.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:42   #18651  |  Link
kirakami

when will next mpc-hc stable release?
Old 19th December 2011, 23:29   #18652  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakami View Post
when will next mpc-hc stable release?
This is depends on what do you mean by "stable" and why you need it at all. MPC-HC's stable releases are no different from svn builds, some of the old ones was even more buggy due to bugs fixed after release.
Old 20th December 2011, 00:25   #18653  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

When I load unstyled (microdvd) subtitles then it should inherit default style and everything seams to work good, but I wonder why subtitles goes smaller and little lower when I set view->subtitles->default style? It supposed to be same style so why it is different?
I know that my English is not as good as it should be so to help you understand:
default style off
default style on

Second bug also related to "default style". It overwrite style of styled subtitle nicely but border is thicker than that with unstyled subtitles.
Old 20th December 2011, 03:46   #18654  |  Link
boyumeow

@kasper93,
Couldn't be sure I'm answering correctly for U, but "default style on" would use what MPC-HC has set, while "default style off" would use what format/code the subtitles is written as.

Same as U, my English is not as good as to help U understand . And I don't feel ashamed by it, cause I use it to interact with people who could not understand my language and I don't speak their language. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2011, 22:12   #18655  |  Link
DzigiBau

Small question.

Since I fight intensively with eventual tearing or judder with panning scenes when watching ripped materials, I found out that movies play very fine in RGB32 mode, which is obviously not an DXVA mode.

When I switch decoder to DXVA, FFDshow or MPC internal decoder, output goes to NV12 where all problems appear again.

The questions here is how to improve playback in NV12 mode, which has problems with panning scenes when it plays little bit slower. With panning scenes I mean situation when camera moves from left to right, playback starts to be slower then normal.

I use ATI 5770 card on quadro processor system.
Old 21st December 2011, 01:24   #18656  |  Link
namaiki

If you are on Windows Vista or newer do you have Aero enabled? Try enable it though that will and won't help if you have multiple monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzigiBau View Post
Since I fight intensively with eventual tearing or judder with panning scenes when watching ripped materials, I found out that movies play very fine in RGB32 mode, which is obviously not an DXVA mode.
Old 21st December 2011, 19:18   #18657  |  Link
hoborg

Hi.
I am not sure what can be wrong with this sample, but if i use DXVA decoder, it will produce green screen. SW decoder working good (some pixelation on begin).
If i use PDVD 11 decoder in DXVA mode, it will play it just fine - no pixelation.

How to start with Bitcoin
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:26   #18658  |  Link
jackbluray

blu-ray subtitles are displayed not correctly. They disappear too fast. With ffdshow it works very well

file here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=24ZO2T1Y

bug tracker
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1907

Last edited by jackbluray; 22nd December 2011 at 10:30.
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:25   #18659  |  Link
DzigiBau

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
If you are on Windows Vista or newer do you have Aero enabled? Try enable it though that will and won't help if you have multiple monitors.
Forgot to tell. I use Windows 7, with Aero on, all the time.

I thing the problem is with something wrong in NV12 output, needed for DXVA or better said, it could be improved to some point like it playback near to RGB32 which is excellent but without DXVA.

Another one. When I use FFDShow, it crashes randomly, with and without DXVA, when MPC-HC says something like »Faid to load (something)« on the place where it is written »Playing« but it disappears to quickly to see what is exactly written there. When it happens MPC-HC minimizes itself, meaning that I need to double click it again to get into Full Screen mode again. Could someone tell me what is wrong or how to solve this one.
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:40   #18660  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
This is depends on what do you mean by "stable" and why you need it at all. MPC-HC's stable releases are no different from svn builds, some of the old ones was even more buggy due to bugs fixed after release.
What about the most recent stable one 1.5.2.3456 ?

Does anyone remember any nasty bugs fixed right after that release ?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc