Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 10th December 2011, 13:15   #18601  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats no true. There will be multiple small m2ts on the discs with low durations, yes, however there will be only 2-3 playlists of full size (one for each edition). There won't be 1m playlists, because that would be silly, you don't want to play those extra footage alone.

Playlists less then 10 minutes are of no interest to me, because even on TV series discs, those are either extras, or some sort of intros or stuff used in menus, which i never care about.

Hence, make it configurable, it'll be the best for everybode.
Options for this duration - later
Old 10th December 2011, 13:26   #18602  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Thats no true. There will be multiple small m2ts on the discs with low durations, yes, however there will be only 2-3 playlists of full size (one for each edition). There won't be 1m playlists, because that would be silly, you don't want to play those extra footage alone.

Playlists less then 10 minutes are of no interest to me, because even on TV series discs, those are either extras, or some sort of intros or stuff used in menus, which i never care about.

Hence, make it configurable, it'll be the best for everybode.
Sorry but this time you're wrong I clearly remember at least one movie (because was so much pain in the a.. to play it with mpc-hc) with more than 2-3 playlists
One or two very short, maybe not 1 min short, but no more than 2-3 min because in one of the "cuts" there were scenes which were 2-3 min longer than in the other cut
Old 10th December 2011, 14:33   #18603  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Sorry but this time you're wrong I clearly remember at least one movie (because was so much pain in the a.. to play it with mpc-hc) with more than 2-3 playlists
One or two very short, maybe not 1 min short, but no more than 2-3 min because in one of the "cuts" there were scenes which were 2-3 min longer than in the other cut
You misunderstand.
A movie with multiple editions will have one playlist for every edition, one being, say, 90 minutes long, one being 92 minutes long, and one 95 minutes long (Theater, Extended, Directors). It does usually NOT have a playlist for the 2 extra minutes, and even if it did, why the hell would you want to watch the 2 extra minutes separately? You want to watch the 92 minute movie, not a 90 minute movie and 2 minutes extra.

Sure, discs also have many other playlists, but those 3 are the ones i might want to watch, i don't care about the playlists that contain the short trailers or other useless content, which is why i only want playlists of a certain length, for all i care could even be 20 minutes.

You sound like you're trying to play the m2ts files, and not the playlists - which is something *completely* different.
Old 10th December 2011, 14:59   #18604  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
You misunderstand.
A movie with multiple editions will have one playlist for every edition, one being, say, 90 minutes long, one being 92 minutes long, and one 95 minutes long (Theater, Extended, Directors). It does usually NOT have a playlist for the 2 extra minutes, and even if it did, why the hell would you want to watch the 2 extra minutes separately? You want to watch the 92 minute movie, not a 90 minute movie and 2 minutes extra.

Sure, discs also have many other playlists, but those 3 are the ones i might want to watch, i don't care about the playlists that contain the short trailers or other useless content, which is why i only want playlists of a certain length, for all i care could even be 20 minutes.

You sound like you're trying to play the m2ts files, and not the playlists - which is something *completely* different.
I didn't misunderstood, what you're saying it's usually correct , BUT there are movies (I"m really really sorry I can't remember the names right now) where the main versions (director cut, Theater, Extended...) are "made" from multiple playlists ( I had to use tmt to play that one) !
(If i remember correctly it was a rumor they were specially "made" this way to make them harder to be ripped)

Anyway I don't see a reason to not expose all the playlists and let the user pick the ones he/she wants to play .
Why restrict user's access ? when clearly (at least in the case of calibration BD) there are situations when 1 min playlist are needed .

P.S. If needed I can provide you with examples of calibration discs with ~ 1 min playlists
Old 10th December 2011, 15:00   #18605  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Anyway I don't see a reason to not expose all the playlists and let the user pick the ones he/she wants to play .
Why restrict user's access ? when clearly (at least in the case of calibration BD) there are situations when 1 min playlist are needed .
Because a list of 100 playlists is just annoying to navigate?
Old 10th December 2011, 15:06   #18606  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Because a list of 100 playlists is just annoying to navigate?
then it seems the appropriate solution it's the one you've proposed
Quote:
make it configurable
for the time being
Old 10th December 2011, 22:15   #18607  |  Link
Superb

Okay, I had a chance to install a hebrew Windows 7 (RTLed) on a VirtualBox and test the RTL bugs users reported.
a) Install MPC-HC w/o the translations on a Hebrew Windows.
b) Run MPC-HC for the first time:

I don't have a compilation environment installed here, but looking at the code (mplayerc.cpp; line 2453):
Code:
	// Hebrew needs the RTL flag.
	SetProcessDefaultLayout((nLanguage == 22) ? LAYOUT_RTL : LAYOUT_LTR);
The code in that function should probably be:
Code:
	if ( hMod == NULL ) {
		hMod = AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance;
		s.iLanguage = 0;
	} else if (nLanguage == 22) {
		SetProcessDefaultLayout(LAYOUT_RTL);
	}
	if (AfxGetResourceHandle() != AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance) {
		FreeLibrary(AfxGetResourceHandle());
	}
	AfxSetResourceHandle( hMod );

/*
	// Something like this is needed to have the options dialog RTLed
Explanation: only if the Hebrew language DLL is found AND nLanguage == Hebrew (22), then layout should be set to RTL.

Last edited by Superb; 12th December 2011 at 12:32.
Old 10th December 2011, 22:30   #18608  |  Link
Superb

Alright. The fix in my previous comment fixes the issue where the layout is set to RTL even though the language DLL wasn't loaded.
I'm now testing and checking the mis-layout of the Options dialog. It seems to be garbled anyway when:
a) The Hebrew DLL is installed.
b) MPC-HC is set to Hebrew.
c) Windows is Hebrew.
Screenshot:

(Hebrew MPC-HC on Hebrew Windows 7)

If Windows is English, then the Options dialog is not messed up, even when it contains Hebrew:

(Hebrew MPC-HC on English Windows 7)

EDIT: Opened a ticket on trac.

Last edited by Superb; 12th December 2011 at 19:16.
Old 11th December 2011, 00:39   #18609  |  Link
DzigiBau

I have been following this thread for a long time, without a need to ask a simple thing, since you explained everything perfectly. Now, I have two small issues if someone can check it out.

1. Internal decoder works fine with 1080p content, but FFDshow has a black screen with sound plays fine. It is Planet Earth BBC show, for instance. I can use internal one for this content, but I like FFDshow since it has more options to play with.

2. I do not know how to correctly explain this one, but it bothers me a lot. Can you imagine some scene, where camera moves fast horizontally from left to right or opposite way. Anytime we have a such scene, there is a huge lag, jitter whatever. On vertical moves it is playing fine. No matter what decoder I use, it always had a lags on horizontal moves, something like it plays a little bit slower than normal speed. I have card ATI 5770, latest drivers 11.11, EVR-CP, tried every single version of them, the problem remains. Played with de-interlacing in CCC, situation remains same. I started thinking it could be encoding problem, when someone makes a rip of movie from Blue ray source or it is decoder problem.

I really would like to discover, how to solve this one.
Old 11th December 2011, 07:47   #18610  |  Link
vkapartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzigiBau View Post
2. I do not know how to correctly explain this one, but it bothers me a lot. Can you imagine some scene, where camera moves fast horizontally from left to right or opposite way. Anytime we have a such scene, there is a huge lag, jitter whatever. On vertical moves it is playing fine. No matter what decoder I use, it always had a lags on horizontal moves, something like it plays a little bit slower than normal speed. I have card ATI 5770, latest drivers 11.11, EVR-CP, tried every single version of them, the problem remains. Played with de-interlacing in CCC, situation remains same. I started thinking it could be encoding problem, when someone makes a rip of movie from Blue ray source or it is decoder problem.

I really would like to discover, how to solve this one.
Others will probably explain it better, but that's an encoder problem and a decoder problem and a frame rate problem, so I highly doubt you'll ever be able to resolve it. Google "3:2 pulldown" and you'll get a lot of explanations regarding the frame rates, but in addition panning shots are just difficult to encode and decode smoothly.
Old 12th December 2011, 00:19   #18611  |  Link
Superb

Guys, in order to compile the trunk, do I need to separately download and extract MediaInfo and ZenLib?
Old 12th December 2011, 01:59   #18612  |  Link
golagoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
Guys, in order to compile the trunk, do I need to separately download and extract MediaInfo and ZenLib?
When I used to use TortoiseSVN on the mpc-hc folder that I had fetched from the trunk branch of the SVN it would update those by itself as well as MPC-HC, so no.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:33   #18613  |  Link
Mercury_22

@Aleksoid great job with
Quote:
Revision 3891 - Directory Listing
Modified Mon Dec 12 00:10:53 2011 UTC (10 hours, 13 minutes ago) by Aleksoid

Change : Rearranging sub-menu "Jump to...", the partition sub-menu "Jump to .." of 30 items; Show chapters only if more than one value;

But for BD with 2 or more playlists (mpls) is it possible to add an option to make MPC-HC play them one after the other continuously without stopping after first mpls ?
Old 12th December 2011, 12:29   #18614  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by golagoda View Post
When I used to use TortoiseSVN on the mpc-hc folder that I had fetched from the trunk branch of the SVN it would update those by itself as well as MPC-HC, so no.
Oh. I see. Heh. They made svn auto-download it from the other repositories. I didn't use svn to download the sources. I used the "Download GNU tarball" in the buttom of the page in the SF.net browser, heh. Thx for the explanation. I managed to compile MPC-HC now.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:29   #18615  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
I don't have a compilation environment installed here, but looking at the code (mplayerc.cpp; line 2453):
Code:
	SetProcessDefaultLayout((nLanguage == 22) ? LAYOUT_RTL : LAYOUT_LTR);
The code in that function should probably be:
Code:
	if ( hMod == NULL ) {
		hMod = AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance;
		s.iLanguage = 0;
	} else if (nLanguage == 22) {
		SetProcessDefaultLayout(LAYOUT_RTL);
	}
	if (AfxGetResourceHandle() != AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance) {
		FreeLibrary(AfxGetResourceHandle());
	}
	AfxSetResourceHandle( hMod );

/*
	// Something like this is needed to have the options dialog RTLed
Explanation: only if the Hebrew language DLL is found AND nLanguage == Hebrew (22), then layout should be set to RTL.
I can verify that this fixes the first RTL issue.

EDIT: here is the patch file.

Last edited by Superb; 12th December 2011 at 13:22.
Old 12th December 2011, 15:12   #18616  |  Link
Superb

And here is an updated Hebrew RC file which adds RTL style to:
a) Options dialog property pages.
b) Organize favorites dialog.
c) About dialog.
d) Shader editor dialog.
Old 12th December 2011, 23:13   #18617  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

I hope this is the right thread,
I have a small feature request for vsfilter:
Can you please modify the IAMStreamSelect entry for the embedded subtitle-stream to use a different group value?
As it is now, there's no reliable way to distinguish between external/embedded sub streams.
Old 13th December 2011, 00:34   #18618  |  Link
Superb

I've fixed the Options dialog RTL issue!
Patch attached here: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1899
Old 14th December 2011, 03:55   #18619  |  Link
hellbringer616

I'm having an issue with MadVR, which is basically preventing me from using this amazing plugin..

And that is, fullscreen interface is broken.. No volume adjust, not seeking, nothing..

I was reading on page 840 it was pseudo fixed with MPC-HC 3011. I am using the main download from the home page (3456) and it's not working..
Old 14th December 2011, 17:47   #18620  |  Link
oddball

I have an issue when using MPC-HC with ReClock. Actually it's more a feature request.

Right now as it stands you can set MPC to change screen refresh and resolutions to match the video FPS using fullscreen output. This is great. However it has one big downside for anyone using ReClock and PAL material. You either have to set MPC to change to 50Hz for anything it detects in the 25FPS area - which is all well and good for actual PAL stuff like TV shows - or if you have a movie that is 25FPS and you want to use ReClock to slow it down to the correct speed of 23.976FPS then the fullscreen detection goes out of the window and you have to go in and set the detection manually.

Not good!

What I suggest in this scenario is the ability for MPC-HC to detect a tag either in the filename (_24FPS_ for instance) or a file in the same folder that tells MPC to ignore changing to 50Hz and instead setting it to 23/24Hz output.

Does this sound like too much to ask? This would make MPC-HC one step short of perfection (at least for me). MadVR has a toggle to treat 25FPS as film but it also requires setting and restarting and using it's inbuilt refresh changer (The new MPC-HC autochange is better).

What do the devs think?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc