Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 2nd September 2009, 23:22   #9501  |  Link
St Devious
Hardware Aspirin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBot View Post
yes, mpc-hc includes such a function. But it is only available if the subtitles are read from a seperate file. It is not available for subtitles which are already muxxed into the container used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
There is the ability to add a delay to subtitles on the fly, even if they're muxed subs.
couldn't find the option last time i needed it. How do i access it ?
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:54   #9502  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Guys, please stop this nonsense discussion about hardware. GPU performance is clearly NOT the issue. Tearing is all about timing and can even occur with the next generation uber-powerful cards.
Exactly my thoughts. x1250 should be much more than sufficient for tearing-free, stuttering-free and smooth video playback.

IMHO, if there is one guy who can solve this issue, it's ar-jar.
Old 3rd September 2009, 02:02   #9503  |  Link
Mixer73

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivahl View Post
Exactly my thoughts. x1250 should be much more than sufficient for tearing-free, stuttering-free and smooth video playback. IMHO, if there is one guy who can solve this issue, it's ar-jar.
But you know what? More than once ADude has been asked to provide information pertinent to his situation so the devs can investigate. Both tetsuo55 and ar-jar have asked for more information which has not been forthcoming because its just easier to troll.
Old 3rd September 2009, 04:15   #9504  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Devious View Post
couldn't find the option last time i needed it. How do i access it ?
F1/F2 by default.
Old 3rd September 2009, 05:39   #9505  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer73 View Post
But you know what? More than once ADude has been asked to provide information pertinent to his situation so the devs can investigate. Both tetsuo55 and ar-jar have asked for more information which has not been forthcoming because its just easier to troll.
Such as what information ?

I think that you see someone post something in a time zone 12 hours away from me, and then hours later after working, I might have time to look at the thread, but maybe not until the following day. And meanwhile, there are two pages of posts about audio issues of DTS-HD and problems with Nvidia, and then I reply while you are asleep.

Then more posts about why it is not working in two monitors with Halli Splitter, and so, my reply is two pages back by the time you happen to be reading again...
Old 3rd September 2009, 06:22   #9506  |  Link
Mixer73

Both ar-jar and tetsuo55 have posted asking for you to show graphs so they can investigate.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:04   #9507  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 1269

Supported languages: BR, BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SE, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

•Italian translation: small fixes in Output settings;
•ADD : Support S263(mobile phone) video codec;
•ADD : Support AMR(mobile phone) audio codec.
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:01   #9508  |  Link
Mercury_22

(@ Aleksoid )
I have a problem with MPC-HC's AMR audio (svn 1269) !
When i play this sample using MPC-HC's internal filter the audio STOP after 1 second ! Same sample, with FFDShow the audio it's playing for the entire duration of the video

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd September 2009 at 11:05.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:46   #9509  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
(@ Aleksoid )
I have a problem with MPC-HC's AMR audio (svn 1269) !
When i play this sample using MPC-HC's internal filter the audio STOP after 1 second ! Same sample, with FFDShow the audio it's playing for the entire duration of the video
I know. But i test many other .3gp sample - play fine. Now i can't say what's wrong.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:10   #9510  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer73 View Post
Both ar-jar and tetsuo55 have posted asking for you to show graphs so they can investigate.
a) graphs of what

b) investigate what
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:28   #9511  |  Link
clsid

Make a screenshot with "Display Stats" (Ctrl+J) enabled. That includes the graph they mean.
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:35   #9512  |  Link
Rille

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
a) graphs of what

b) investigate what

a) Seriously? You even quoted tetsou55 when he was asking for it... http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=9518
His full post: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=9514

b) The problems you're having?

EDIT:
While i do understand that you have problems after the merge and i really hope it's something that the devs can solve you need to understand that the merge has solved the very same problems you are now having for several other users. What you're asking for each time you want beliyaals "undocumented and untested" code "stripped out" is the problem solved for YOU and problems put back for alot of other users. I for one am very greatful for beliyaals hard work and it annoys me everytime (and there's been a few of them...) that you bash and complain about him and his work. The code is not untested. There are around 40 pages of testing here before the merge: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145203.

Last edited by Rille; 3rd September 2009 at 22:58.
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:37   #9513  |  Link
thewebchat
Advanced Blogging

I would like to point out that the subtitle prebuffering doesn't do anything anymore and that there is a bug with mod4 width video and EVR:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func...61&atid=854651
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func...61&atid=854651
Old 4th September 2009, 04:04   #9514  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rille View Post
a) Seriously? You even quoted tetsou55 when he was asking for it... http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=9518
His full post: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=9514

b) The problems you're having?

EDIT:
While i do understand that you have problems after the merge and i really hope it's something that the devs can solve you need to understand that the merge has solved the very same problems you are now having for several other users. What you're asking for each time you want beliyaals "undocumented and untested" code "stripped out" is the problem solved for YOU and problems put back for alot of other users. I for one am very greatful for beliyaals hard work and it annoys me everytime (and there's been a few of them...) that you bash and complain about him and his work. The code is not untested. There are around 40 pages of testing here before the merge: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145203.
You must not have read my post that you linked, where I said that the problems were not related to situations of multiples of the video rate, so the graph would be irrelevant.

Second, I do not want Beliyaal's undocumented (the assessment of other developers) code stripped out. I would prefer, as I have said countless times, that he return, document the code, fix the remaining bugs, and add code for situations where the display refresh rate is not a multiple of the video rate.

Also, it is being represented - by a few who happen to like the Beliyaal sync code - that I am the only one who has problems with it. In reality, there are plenty of other problems, some quite similar to mine, some in the thread that you linked, that have not been fixed, but those reporting the problems either switched to another player, or they went on vacation for the summer...
Old 4th September 2009, 07:10   #9515  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

By adding AMR codec, why not add AMR source splitter?
Old 4th September 2009, 07:24   #9516  |  Link
crewxp

Hey, I have a problem/question. When playing audio in MPC-HC, the quality doesn't seem very good. On normal volume/loud parts, I can kind of hear a buzz/static from my speaker. The kind of static u get from listening to poor audio files. Or if you're listening to sucky speakers with bass in it. This happens when I play mp3 files (320 kbps), or HD Video files.

When I play the SAME files in Windows Media Player, iTunes, or Media Center, it plays fine, and I can even turn the volume up about 50%, and it never buzzes/static/hiss's.

It's only in MPC-HC. How can I fix this? Where would I start? I'm using default settings. Tried re-downloading it also. I tried version 1.2.1243 as well as 1.2.1179, both do the same thing.

Right now I'm using Shark007's Windows 7 codec package with my computer, and using his custom mpc-hc 1.2.1243 build with his codecs enabled. But every MPC-HC I try does it.

Where do I start in order to get the same audio quality/better in mpc-hc?

thx!
Old 4th September 2009, 10:35   #9517  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 1271

Supported languages: BR, BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SE, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

•Made internal AMR audio decoder optional;
•Fixed : Web interface status.html not showing status/media state when Status bar is turned off ( bug #2025675 )
Old 4th September 2009, 11:22   #9518  |  Link
Rille

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
You must not have read my post that you linked, where I said that the problems were not related to situations of multiples of the video rate, so the graph would be irrelevant.

Second, I do not want Beliyaal's undocumented (the assessment of other developers) code stripped out. I would prefer, as I have said countless times, that he return, document the code, fix the remaining bugs, and add code for situations where the display refresh rate is not a multiple of the video rate.

Also, it is being represented - by a few who happen to like the Beliyaal sync code - that I am the only one who has problems with it. In reality, there are plenty of other problems, some quite similar to mine, some in the thread that you linked, that have not been fixed, but those reporting the problems either switched to another player, or they went on vacation for the summer...
Of course i read your post but wouldn't it be best to let a dev decide what's relevant and not and just provide the info they are asking for? If it occours in both cases then provide a screenshot for each case. If they don't find any useful information in them i'm sure they'll continue to ask for information until they find the problem.

It may be language problems but i feel like you're on a personal quest against beliyaal. I mean your 2:nd question "Investigate what?" It feels like you don't even want the problem investigated, just the old code put back and the beliyaal changes removed period. Regarding "stripped out", that i quoted from you.

Of course there's probably others having the same problem but considering the number of users in this thread and the number of complaints about this problem they are certainly a small minority (not saying that it should not be solved). Have the other persons having this problem told you that they have switched to another player or gone one vacation or are you just assuming things as the thread is not filled with complaints from different users with this problem?

I can't see how code would be missing for cases where fps is not a multiple of refresh (not saying there can't be a bug in it). Works fine here on 3 different ATI-cards, two computers and 3 different monitors/TV-sets. All my friends are using MPC-HC and none have this problem.
Old 4th September 2009, 11:44   #9519  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
Hey, I have a problem/question. When playing audio in MPC-HC, the quality doesn't seem very good. On normal volume/loud parts, I can kind of hear a buzz/static from my speaker. The kind of static u get from listening to poor audio files. Or if you're listening to sucky speakers with bass in it. This happens when I play mp3 files (320 kbps), or HD Video files.

When I play the SAME files in Windows Media Player, iTunes, or Media Center, it plays fine, and I can even turn the volume up about 50%, and it never buzzes/static/hiss's.

It's only in MPC-HC. How can I fix this? Where would I start? I'm using default settings. Tried re-downloading it also. I tried version 1.2.1243 as well as 1.2.1179, both do the same thing.

Right now I'm using Shark007's Windows 7 codec package with my computer, and using his custom mpc-hc 1.2.1243 build with his codecs enabled. But every MPC-HC I try does it.

Where do I start in order to get the same audio quality/better in mpc-hc?

thx!
Use the most recent build (see above ) and try this:
1 - Look at MPC-HC's audio switcher and make sure the boost it's to min.
2 - Change MPC-HC's Output sample format
3 - Reset MPC-HC settings and test again (using default settings)
4 - Report back

P.S. Although I too think MPC-HC's audio has been neglected I DON'T think things are that bad ! ( I don't have your problems ! but...)

Last edited by Mercury_22; 4th September 2009 at 12:01.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:50   #9520  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
By adding AMR codec, why not add AMR source splitter?
If you want an all-in-one player, go download VLC and leave us alone.
The MPC-HC project is already way too big to maintain properly. Adding more stuff will only make it even harder. It will just mean more bugs that will never be fixed.
The devs should concentrate on the core of the player, not on replicating functionality that is already available in the form of external filters. Only the DXVA filters have no (better) free/open-source alternative, so those deserve some love.

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc