Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st March 2004, 03:29   #1  |  Link
vcmohan

Creating Titles in AviSynth

I could not find any plugin or function that can be used to create full fledged titles. I will like to do it but need help in the description and formats of Font files, antialiassing etc. Can any of you suggest some source for this reference?
Old 1st March 2004, 04:07   #2  |  Link
stickboy
AviSynth Enthusiast

Re: Creating Titles in AviSynth

Quote:
Originally posted by vcmohan
I could not find any plugin or function that can be used to create full fledged titles.
Exactly what do you want to do? The internal Subtitle filter or gabest's VSFilter plug-in aren't suitable?
Quote:
I will like to do it but need help in the description and formats of Font files, antialiassing etc. Can any of you suggest some source for this reference?
Microsoft has a specification for OpenType/TrueType available.

There is no format or specification for anti-aliasing. You can anti-alias however you want. One common method is to rasterize the vectors at a higher resolution than you need and to then use some downsampling algorithm (e.g. bilinear resize).
stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2004, 10:07   #3  |  Link
mf
·

Fansub typesetters have proven that Sub Station Alpha subtitles (readable by VSFilter mentioned above) are very suited to creating titles. Though for advanced bevels and shadows etc, you might want to try overlaying something made in PSP/Photoshop (static titles), or if you want things in motion, Adobe After Effects for instance. For this job there is the AVISynth Overlay function.
mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2004, 03:27   #4  |  Link
vcmohan

Re: Re: Creating Titles in AviSynth

Quote:
Originally posted by stickboy
Exactly what do you want to do?
I have not used Adobe as it costs money which I cannot afford. Just like me I assume that there are many other home movie makers who want to add some decent titles, transitions and effects to their movies. I have authored TransAll a plugin providing over 24 functions that produce more than 150 types of transitions and is available at warp enterprises. I find the subtitling is just a subtitle and does not produce any moving (vertical or horizontal) or with different color and effects which one sees in movies. I thought I can attempt atleast some basic ones. I realised that I need to convert the existing font vectors to raster, antialias them, color, animate etc. As I have never dealt with the Fonts I tried to Google search and read but so far could not get any clear idea how to do. Therefore my request for help.