Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd December 2016, 20:28   #25401  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
File size is not a problem at all. The file will become only slightly bigger, because x264 encodes the duplicated frames very very efficiently (another method I didn't mention would be to apply --pulldown). But let's hope that you are right and very most Blu-ray players will actually play 720p25.
As an MKV I'd pretty much bet it would. The BD restrictions aren't supposed to be applicable to video file playback. But, on the other hand, there really aren't a lot of rules for those, so the limits are really up to the OEM.
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:29   #25402  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
File size is not a problem at all. The file will become only slightly bigger, because x264 encodes the duplicated frames very very efficiently (another method I didn't mention would be to apply --pulldown).
Right you are.
Quote:
But let's hope that you are right and very most Blu-ray players will actually play 720p25.
I know my Samsungs will play 720p25 MKV files. I do not know about 720p25 authored discs. I prefer all of my HD to be 1080p.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:30   #25403  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
BD-RB doesn't put the same restrictions on ALTERNATE output files (e.g. MKV) that it would on a BD. For example, if you have auto GOP set, it can have GOPs that are 250 frames, which would be illegal for BD. At one point I was trying to create them to be compatible, but I gave up on that idea for the sake of encoding efficiency.
Oh I see, it's not a bug.
I just wonder about the default option ALTERNATE_BLURAY=1 which serves for steering the alternate outputs towards Blu-ray compatibility ...
But most important, it comes out right when outputting to Blu-ray structure
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:41   #25404  |  Link
Sharc

@jdobbs
Coming back to this post:
Any thoughts why FULL backup of 3D blu-rays as Half-SBS produce non-playable menus? Is Full backup mode only supported for FRIM/MVC?
Old 23rd December 2016, 04:14   #25405  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
@jdobbs
Coming back to this post:
Any thoughts why FULL backup of 3D blu-rays as Half-SBS produce non-playable menus? Is Full backup mode only supported for FRIM/MVC?
Could you send me your settings at the time you tried it and it failed? I'll run a 3D job and see what happens.
Old 23rd December 2016, 04:18   #25406  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
Yes, it plays everything done with other software, it even played BD5 & BD9 done with BD-RB up until the latest version, when instead it worked on the PS3.

//LD
I don't have my old Sony player anymore -- I must have given it away to somebody. My old Sony also played full-backups on BD-5/9 (that weren't AVCHD compliant). But my newer Sony players wouldn't play anything with menus until my latest changes. I'm a little confused when you say your player will work with multiAVCHD. I used it as a baseline (along with some notes DeanK sent me a long time ago) for how I make BD-RB AVCHD compliant in it's menus.

I'm not sure what to do... maybe add a flag that can make it revert it's behavior? The problem with that is that when you replace your player -- your discs may not work anymore. I had several like that and had to restructure them.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd December 2016 at 04:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 08:50   #25407  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Could you send me your settings at the time you tried it and it failed? I'll run a 3D job and see what happens.
My settings:
Code:
[Options]
VERSION=0.50.0.20

ENABLE_TEST=1
NEW_CRF_PREDICTION=1
#ENCODER_MENU=1
SHOW_ENCODER=1
HC_PROFILE=BEST
ALTERNATE_PAL=1
IMPORT_PAL_TO_FILM=0

IMPORT_HEVC_INTACT=1

ARCHIVE_265=1
ARCHIVE_AUDIO=50
ARCHIVE_CRF=22
ARCHIVE_ENABLE=1
ARCHIVE_LIMIT=1

#FIXED_CRF=18
#10..50 - force CRF encoding to use this CRF value (output size control disappears)

QUICK_CRF=22
QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1
SECONDARY_USE_QUALITY=1
ALTERNATE_QUALITY=2
ARCHIVE_QUALITY=2

FORCE_ENCODE=1
FORCED_SUB_LANG=ger;deu

TYPE_OF_3D=0

MENU_FORCE_QUICK=1

ALTAUTOAUDIO=50
DOWNRESIZE=BilinearResize

B_PYRAMID=1
KEEP_MBTREE=1
EXTENDED_GOP=1

DEINTERLACER_TYPE=4

IVTC_SELECTION=1

ENCODER=0
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=1
AUTO_BIAS=3
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=8
ALTCRF=19
ALT_TARGET=1024
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
TARGET_SIZE=23500
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=1
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
RESIZE_720=0
DEINTERLACE=0
SD_TO_1080=0
IGNORE_3D=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
AUDIO_DRC=0
DECODER=3
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=0
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=1
FRIMSOURCE=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
OUTPUT_SBS=1
NEROAAC=1
SUPTITLE=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23600
QUICK_EXTRAS=0
MENU_BACKGROUND=C:\Program Files Video\BD_Rebuilder\Misc\abstract_blue.jpg
IMPORT_THRESHOLD=15
QUICK_PLAY_THRESHOLD=10
MENU_AUTO_BACKGROUND=1
MENU_AUTO_DVDAUDIO=1
MENU_PLAY_SEQUENTIAL=0
MENU_START_WITH_MENU=1
MENU_BACKDROP_AUTOSIZE=1
IMPORT_LIMIT_LANG=1
IMPORT_KEEP_PLAYALL=0
VERBOSE_STATUS=1
ENABLE_BLANKING=1
ALT_CRF_TARGET=128
PGSTOSRT=0
AVSFilter01=#f:hqdn3d(4)
AVSFilter02=#f:r:Sharpen(0.15)
AVSFilter03=#f:Grayscale()
AVSFilter04=#r:QTGMC(InputType=3,Preset="fast")
MENU_AUDIO=C:\Program Files Video\BD_Rebuilder\tools\blankclip\blank.ac3

[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=C:\TEMP\BD REBUILDER\
DGIndexNV=C:\Program Files Video\DGdecNV\DGIndexNV.exe
DGDecNV=C:\Program Files Video\DGdecNV\DGDecodeNV.dll
NeroAACPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero-AAC\win32\neroAacEnc.exe

SOURCE_PATH=F:\
The only difference between the non-working Half-SBS and the working FRIM/MVC mode is the SBS selection/deselection in the settings menu.

I also noticed that for FRIM/MVC the scanning of the CLPI seems to be done more thoroughly. The resulting .clpi are quite different for the 2 cases.

Added:
It looks to me as there may be a problem with the .clpi for the Half-SBS backup:
For example, in the working FRIM/MVC backup all .clpi of the dependent views (of the original files) are stripped off and the .clpi of the newly created in-muxed stereofiles are created/modified, while in the non-working SBS backup all .clpi of the dependent views are copied back intact from the original and the .clpi for the newly created Half-SBS clips are created/modified.

I could send the Playlist ans Clipinf of the 3 variants (original, FRIM/MVC and SBS) if this would help.

Last edited by Sharc; 23rd December 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Added
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:31   #25408  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
I don't have my old Sony player anymore -- I must have given it away to somebody. My old Sony also played full-backups on BD-5/9 (that weren't AVCHD compliant). But my newer Sony players wouldn't play anything with menus until my latest changes. I'm a little confused when you say your player will work with multiAVCHD. I used it as a baseline (along with some notes DeanK sent me a long time ago) for how I make BD-RB AVCHD compliant in it's menus.

I'm not sure what to do... maybe add a flag that can make it revert it's behavior? The problem with that is that when you replace your player -- your discs may not work anymore. I had several like that and had to restructure them.
I'm in the middle of testing right now, although not that much time this time of year ^^ I think it must be my player that needs a newer firmware, but I really don't want to update it because it's not cinavia infected.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all!

/LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:43   #25409  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
but I really don't want to update it because it's not cinavia infected.
Don't worry, it won't be infected with a firmware update. Besides, after a certain period of time, players are no longer updated. There hasn't been an update for my older Samsung players in ages. Manufacturers just do not bother with older models.
Old 23rd December 2016, 15:24   #25410  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Don't worry, it won't be infected with a firmware update. Besides, after a certain period of time, players are no longer updated. There hasn't been an update for my older Samsung players in ages. Manufacturers just do not bother with older models.
I know there is new FW updates to this model. I haven't updated out of fear of getting it infected. So it's safe to update you say?

//LD
Old 23rd December 2016, 15:59   #25411  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The only difference between the non-working Half-SBS and the working FRIM/MVC mode is the SBS selection/deselection in the settings menu.

I also noticed that for FRIM/MVC the scanning of the CLPI seems to be done more thoroughly. The resulting .clpi are quite different for the 2 cases.

Added:
It looks to me as there may be a problem with the .clpi for the Half-SBS backup:
For example, in the working FRIM/MVC backup all .clpi of the dependent views (of the original files) are stripped off and the .clpi of the newly created in-muxed stereofiles are created/modified, while in the non-working SBS backup all .clpi of the dependent views are copied back intact from the original and the .clpi for the newly created Half-SBS clips are created/modified.

I could send the Playlist ans Clipinf of the 3 variants (original, FRIM/MVC and SBS) if this would help.
When doing in-mux I have to make modifications to the CLPI myself (since TSMUXER's won't work). I'll run a couple SBS 3D jobs and let you know what I find.
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:11   #25412  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
When doing in-mux I have to make modifications to the CLPI myself (since TSMUXER's won't work). I'll run a couple SBS 3D jobs and let you know what I find.
I see. My guessing is now that the 3D menu and intro files are not SBS encoded because these files are too small. These small 3D menu files are however changed from MVC to in-muxed format, which would require your CLPI modification. Apparently these modifications are missing at present, at least in my tests the CLPI are just getting copied.
Thanks for looking at it.
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:26   #25413  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I see. My guessing is now that the 3D menu and intro files are not SBS encoded because these files are too small. These small 3D menu files are however changed from MVC to in-muxed format, which would require your CLPI modification. Apparently these modifications are missing at present, at least in my tests the CLPI are just getting copied.
Thanks for looking at it.
It might be a couple of days -- I've got a lot of company visiting for Christmas and won't be able to get to the computer much.
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:27   #25414  |  Link
jdobbs

To Everyone

All,

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Milad Un-Nabi, Winter Solstice or whatever other December event happens to float your boat this holiday season. It's been a pleasure conversing with you all on the forum this year.

I hope you all also have a safe and fulfilling New Year.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd December 2016 at 20:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 22:51   #25415  |  Link
gonca

Merry Christmas everyone
@jdobbs
Careful hanging decorations, wouldn't do to have you fall and hurting yourself (roof)
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 23:18   #25416  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I know there is new FW updates to this model. I haven't updated out of fear of getting it infected. So it's safe to update you say?
Google search your model. I'm sure there are forums out there that discuss this issue. Get your hands on the firmware's change list. But, do check out the forums.
Old 24th December 2016, 02:36   #25417  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Have now updated FW on the S560. Still doesn't work.

Have also made some quick tests for comparison:

AVCHDCoder 15.12.27 BD9(intro, no menu): Sony BDP-S560 OK!, PS3 OK!
multiAVCHD v4.1 build 771 BD5 (strict AVCHD, simple menu): Sony BDP-S560 OK!, PS3 OK!
multiAVCHD v4.1 build 771 BD5 (AVCHD, motion menu): Sony BDP-S560 OK!, PS3 OK!
multiAVCHD v4.1 build 771 BD5 (Bluray, motion menu): Sony BDP-S560 OK!, PS3 NO!
BD-RB v0.50.19 Full BD5/BD9: Sony BDP-S560 OK!, PS3 NO!
BD-RB v0.50.20 Full BD5/BD9 Sony BDP-S560 NO!, PS3 OK!

//LD

Last edited by LowDead; 24th December 2016 at 09:50.
Old 24th December 2016, 03:47   #25418  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Have now updated FW on the S560.
That is an old model. Mine is the S350. I don't even know where it is. I found the box though.
Old 24th December 2016, 10:06   #25419  |  Link
varekai

Happy Holidays jdobbs and forum!
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 18:26   #25420  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
All,

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Milad Un-Nabi, Winter Solstice or whatever other December event happens to float your boat this holiday season. It's been a pleasure conversing with you all on the forum this year.

I hope you all also have a safe and fulfilling New Year.
Happy holidays to you and your family!
Wishing you a great new year for 2017.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote