Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 24th November 2008, 20:41   #1  |  Link
AntiJw
Banned

VMR with DGAVCDec=color-problem

Hey,
I got color-problems when I use VMR or VMR7-renderer with my DGAVCDec-encode, but not when I use Haali-renderer.

Source-image (taken using AvsP, CoreCodec 1.8.5.0):
http://i38.tinypic.com/jhy13o.png

DGAVCDec encode-image (taken using MPC+Haali-renderer and CoreCodec 1.8.5.0 with Auto-levels):
http://i37.tinypic.com/30c3dwz.png

DGAVCDec encode-image (taken using MPC+VMR9 and CoreCodec 1.8.5.0 with Auto-levels):
http://i34.tinypic.com/16glow0.png

The VMR9 (VMR7 also)-renderer encode-image is a bit "washed out", not as red colors as source or the encode using Haali-renderer :P

Does anyone know why VMR9/7 (renderless) doesn't show the correct colors?

I shouldn't have included DGAVCDec in the discussion, because it's VMR vs Haali-renderers.
I tried using Haali-renderer on the source-clip, and then the flag-color (green) of a country looked correct compared to VMR9, that was green:ish, bordering to blue :P
I noticed overlay gives as bad picture as VMR9/VMR7, but I guess it's the quality of the graphicscard that matters then (I'm using an Nvidia GF6600GT).
Thanks

Last edited by AntiJw; 24th November 2008 at 21:05.
AntiJw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 21:57   #2  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

It could be a color space conversion issue: For arguments sake let's say the image was converted RGB --> YV12 using BT.601. Normally it should have the reverse matrix applied of YV12 --> RGB w/ BT.601. But, the renderer could have screwed it up and done YV12 --> RGB w/ BT.709, giving the wrong colors.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:35   #3  |  Link
AntiJw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagekilla View Post
It could be a color space conversion issue: For arguments sake let's say the image was converted RGB --> YV12 using BT.601. Normally it should have the reverse matrix applied of YV12 --> RGB w/ BT.601. But, the renderer could have screwed it up and done YV12 --> RGB w/ BT.709, giving the wrong colors.
Thanks, although my AVS is simple (no color-conversion that I know of):
Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\dgavcdec106\DGAVCDecode.dll")

AVCSource("C:\VideosHD\sourcevideoHDCap.dga")

spline36resize(1280,720)
DGIndex log wrote "Colorimetry: BT.709* [2]".
I think either my graphicscard suck or VMR9/VMR9/Overlay is bad compared to Haali.

Last edited by AntiJw; 26th November 2008 at 00:57.
AntiJw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haali, renderer, vmr7, vmr9