Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 18th June 2020, 05:11   #81  |  Link
shph

MinSharp and TimeCube archives are corrupted:

shph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 06:11   #82  |  Link
shph

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tmeatwad View Post
Noticed the FFMS2 included in the installer was the old copy that links to Libz even though I had removed it in favor of using the static lib. While it still works without it is possible it may have some issues with random stuff so I updated the R49 & R50 installers with a new copy and also updated LSMASHSource to the latest release. There is also a new copy of LSMASHSource in the plugin downloads location with the static libs as well and that copy uses FFmpeg 4.3.
So if i install your new version of VapourSynth-R50 there is no need to install additional separate LSMASHSource FFMS2 plugins?

By the way is it ok that ffmsindex file installed by VapourSynth-R50 (/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/ffmsindex) and ffmsindex bundled in FFMS2-2.23.1 have different size?

How do you think, may static libs versions affect apps like Hybrid?
Old 18th June 2020, 15:24   #83  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Wow, thanks for catching that, not sure what happened but they are fixed now!

Okay, now for the static vs shared libs discussion...to over-simplify things, when using a static library that it's like that lib is copied into the plugin instead of just adding a location of where the external lib is. I have transitioned everything over to using static libs so that they are more portable since most of the libs they link to are not very large. That said, in the installer I choose for D2V Source, FFMS2, and LSMASHSource to link to FFmpeg libs to avoid having the installer size extra bloated. The static versions are available for download for users that installed via brew or compiled the source and want an easy way to snag those plugins. Most of the time I compile them at the same time so they are essentially the same plugin just one links and the other has the copy internally for FFmpeg libs.

Now, as for the updated installer, when I was previously linking to all the library files FFMS2 also linked to libz, which I had removed from the installer since all the other plugins that linked to it were built with the static version. I did however forget to swap out the ffms2 plugin, which means that it would not be able to run any functions built in that needed it, however that just means it would either error or run differently based on how it was actually programed. I ran a few tests on my test machine and it appeared to work normally, however it may be best to either re-install OR just snag the static version for now just to avoid any issues.

Hopefully this explanation clarifies a few things.
l33tmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:07   #84  |  Link
shph

Ok, so if same D2V Source, FFMS2, and LSMASHSource included in installer, i will not touch same separate plug-ins.
So with new static plug-ins there is no need to install additional .dylib Dependencies to /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/ ?
I guess you removed those Dependencies from Mediafire

Last edited by shph; 22nd June 2020 at 19:36.
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:58   #85  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shph View Post
Ok, so if same D2V Source, FFMS2, and LSMASHSource included in installer, i will not touch same separate plug-ins.
So with new static plug-ins there is no need to install additional .dylib Dependencies to /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/ ?
I guess you removed those Dependencies from Mediafire
Yes I did, and I removed the copies of the plugins that needed them as well.
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:01   #86  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

In light of the recent news from Apple, I will do what I can to continue this thread to make life easier for macOS users, however I doubt I will have the cash flow to acquire a new Mac when they come out. Anyone willing to help out by building things on the new hardware once it's out feel free to reach out to me.
Old 12th July 2020, 18:13   #87  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW8H View Post
I've been having problems on Catalina where using any QTGMC option above medium leads to an instant crash.

This is the script that has been working fine until recently:

I don't think havsfunc itself is the problem because QTGMC options up to "medium" work, but anything above like "slower" doesn't. There is no error message, VS editor simply crashes.

FFmpeg reports:

This applies to both the AMVPack version and the standalone installer with plugins added.
Unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this issue, is there a crash log you could post so I can narrow down exactly what plugin is crashing for you and why?
Old 13th July 2020, 14:57   #88  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

That does appear to be the issue, found some old copies you can try, they will need the dependency placed in the Library Directory.

MVTools v19
MVtools v20

Dependency: FFTW

Last edited by l33tmeatwad; 13th July 2020 at 15:05.
Old 13th July 2020, 18:09   #89  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Tested and can confirm it does work with the older version.

It seems someone over at the Hybrid forum also reported the same problem.
I'll compile a few of the older versions, if you don't mind testing to see what the last working version is that would be helpful for narrowing down the issue.
Old 14th July 2020, 20:06   #90  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
The two older copies you posted work without problems. I believe the last one that worked without issues for me was the one included in January/May(?) release of AMVPack and the last 2-3 updates of Vapour already had the crashing issue.
There were releases since then, if you could test those after I compile them it would be helpful for sending information along to the developer. I also want to recompile those with the dependency built in to make sure that's not somehow causing the issue.
Old 19th July 2020, 21:36   #91  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Added MVtools versions 20 to 22 to the downloads, if anyone who had issues with v23 please test and post the results here.
Old 20th July 2020, 11:04   #92  |  Link
shph

I see the size is different. Old v20 was about 1 MB, new v20 and v21 are about 2MB. New v22 and v23 are about 4.5 MB Are they all self contained versions now?
By the way, from real life point of view what is the benefit to use newer version? Is it some improvement quality or speed? Or just some new special options? I guess dramatic changes in v22 and v23 size means some fundamental changes in plug-in. Maybe just stay with stable v20?

Last edited by shph; 20th July 2020 at 12:35.
Old 20th July 2020, 13:15   #93  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shph View Post
I see the size is different. Old v20 was about 1 MB, new v20 and v21 are about 2MB. New v22 and v23 are about 4.5 MB Are they all self contained versions now?
By the way, from real life point of view what is the benefit to use newer version? Is it some improvement quality or speed? Or just some new special options? I guess dramatic changes in v22 and v23 size means some fundamental changes in plug-in. Maybe just stay with stable v20?
The old version had an external dependency (fftw) and these have it built in for simplicity as needing to download and place extra dependencies confused some users. As with any software, new versions add features and the goal is to improve speed, efficiency, quality, and stability, however sometimes random glitches pop up and only affect certain systems so developers don't realize there is an issue. In this situation finding out what version was the first to be broken will hopefully norrow down what the problem is so it can be fixed in future versions.
Old 24th July 2020, 03:28   #94  |  Link
AdamCarter

HI all i think i noted the qtgmc slow, slower, slowest And placebo crash, but the mvtools fix seems to fix that. Ii also have crashes using denoisers. Only one that seems to work is fftd3d. Would l0ve to try mosquitoNR but its not available on the mac as far as i can tell.

Last edited by AdamCarter; 24th July 2020 at 22:12.
AdamCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 15:26   #95  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCarter View Post
I all i think i noted the qtgmc slow, slower, slowest And placebo crash, but the mvtools fix seems to fix that. Ii also have crashes using denoisers. Only one that seems to work is fftd3d. Would l0ve to try mosquitoNR but its not available on the mac as far as i can tell.
What other filters are crashing for you? Also if there is a filter you'd like to see complied feel free to look to the source code here and I'll see what I can do.
Old 24th July 2020, 22:19   #96  |  Link
AdamCarter

Quote:
What other filters are crashing for you? Also if there is a filter you'd like to see complied feel free to look to the source code here and I'll see what I can do.
Hi l33tmeatwad
First off huge thanks. Secondly, i will be checking the otheR filters. I know MCTemporaldenoise wasn’t working, really any denoiser other than fftd3d causes crash.

For other filters, I have a ton of old 80s cartoons, that it’s clear that either the source material they pulled from was lacking or the effort they used to encode it was next to none.

I know the windows version of hybrid has the ability to use waifu2x-caffe Or the gpu accelerated version waifu2x-vulcan i am looking for that or anime4k. Not necessarily to increase the resolution, but i really like the built in AI denoising specific for animation. They really clean up the lines, etc.

https://github.com/lltcggie/waifu2x-caffe/releases

https://github.com/f11894/waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan-GUI

https://github.com/bloc97/Anime4K

Thank you in advance, i dont mind if it was stand alone, but ultimately would love for the above denoisers would work on the source material before i encode to x264 or 265, so having it built into hybrid would just make it easier.

Is this your website https://www.l33tmeatwad.com/vapoursy...ters-functions
OMG, OMG, OMG if it is

Dude i wan’t to pick your brain about animation encodes.

Like i said i have tons of 80s cartoons, that could do with a Bit of noise reduction, i have the PAL dvds of NTSC cartoons which were poorly converted with blended frames like smurfs and teen wolf. Would love to pick your brain on encoding settings too.

Last edited by AdamCarter; 25th July 2020 at 02:34.
Old 27th July 2020, 02:07   #97  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Yeah that's my website, feel free to hit me up on discord sometime. As for the waifu filters, caffe was depreciated and the other I was having a hard time getting that to work on older versions of macOS so I haven't gotten around to testing newer version yet. I'll look into the Anime4K one in the next few weeks as I find time.
Old 27th July 2020, 03:30   #98  |  Link
AdamCarter

Quote:
Yeah that's my website, feel free to hit me up on discord sometime. As for the waifu filters, caffe was depreciated and the other I was having a hard time getting that to work on older versions of macOS so I haven't gotten around to testing newer version yet. I'll look into the Anime4K one in the next few weeks as I find time.
Whats the discord link?

Anime4k will apparently incorporate this denoiser.
https://github.com/bloc97/Anime4K/bl...avy_CNN_L.glsl

Last edited by AdamCarter; 27th July 2020 at 06:16.
Old 30th July 2020, 06:51   #99  |  Link
AdamCarter

Quote:
Take a look at this
https://github.com/k4yt3x/video2x

Here is a demo
https://youtu.be/mGEfasQl2Zo

Last edited by AdamCarter; 30th July 2020 at 07:07.
Old 5th August 2020, 21:23   #100  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

I apologize for the delay, I was on vacation, the installer for VapourSynth R51 is now up.

Tags
meatwadismagical, meatwadthegreat