Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2005, 01:56   #201  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

the new version is out. enjoy
Old 3rd July 2005, 09:30   #202  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Hi !

some notes:

if in configuration of avc i choose ABR, and then on main window autoencode a job for 2 pass encoded is created
Would be better to use antoencode to determinate the bitrate for avc choiced configuration ?

or, is possible to integrate a mini bitrate calculator to calculate exactly the bitrate needed ?

in d2v creator if i stick "On close load file" after demuxing this option isn't fuctional

in avisynth script generator dgdecode.dll isn't loaded, so the script do not run (i haven't set a avisynthdir plugin in my registry for conflict between filter dll), could be useful to set path to filters dll in tools -> setting

in avisynth script generator after creating a project and avs script, after checking "On save close and load to be encoded", when i close the script isn't loaded, the preview yes, but not the "avisynth script" to be encoded

Thanks Doom9

BHH

(and sorry for my english)
Old 3rd July 2005, 09:43   #203  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
the new version is out. enjoy
And it´s great, thanks a lot.

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:27   #204  |  Link
Ishan
Anime Vampire

@Doom9
Could you add a way to select the audio sample rate ? I'm trying to do a PSP compliant MPEG4 SP+LC AAC file but audio is always set @ 44.1 wich the PSP don't like.
It needs to be 24khz (thx Sony :| )
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:46   #205  |  Link
Pasqui

@Doom9
Thanks for this new version. It works great !
So far, I've found only two small issues:
- in D2V creator, the word "Français" is displayed as "Franais" as if extended charset was not supported
- in auto encode panel, when configuring the muxing, the avi extension is automatically added even if a MP4 file is muxed.
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:47   #206  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan
not only that
the .mp4 files which should play on the psp also need to have some extra info not defined by mpeg-4, so you will not be able to play the output from megui directly anyways, but need to remux the file again to make it psp-compatible (if such a tool exists)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:47   #207  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
if in configuration of avc i choose ABR, and then on main window autoencode a job for 2 pass encoded is created
Would be better to use antoencode to determinate the bitrate for avc choiced configuration ?
Have you tried running the jobs? The bitrate is automatically calculated and adjusted according to the effective audio size you get (in case you're doing audio encoding as well, not just audio muxing).

In order to reach the target size, two or three pass encoding is required. You can configure which one of the two is done in the settings, and override that in the codec configuration dialog (if the codec you're using it set to automated 2 or 3 pass that one is taken, anything else (except for CQ where I abort right away) leads to the number of passes configured in the settings. The bitrate you specify in the configuration is not used in auto-mode whatsoever, it is always overridden by the calculated one.

Quote:
or, is possible to integrate a mini bitrate calculator to calculate exactly the bitrate needed ?
Not needed, it is done automatically and I take care of all container overhead you'll get as well.

Quote:
in avisynth script generator dgdecode.dll isn't loaded, so the script do not run (i haven't set a avisynthdir plugin in my registry for conflict between filter dll), could be useful to set path to filters dll in tools -> setting
I have considered and discarded that back when creating the avisynth window. Why? I use 3 computers for development, and each of them has a different AviSynth configuration.. so when transfering my source material I neded up having to adjust AviSynth scripts because the plugin path was hardcoded. It it much easier for most users to have the script auto-load and not having to worry about absolutel paths. If you're not using plugin auto-loading, that means you know just fine what you're doing and are capable of adding the appropriate line by yourself, wouldn't you agree?
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:49   #208  |  Link
Ishan
Anime Vampire

Some of the psp video encoder (like pspvideo9) use ffmpeg for encoding, I assume they found out what to mux with the stream to make it works.
Gotta check that out.
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:56   #209  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
in avisynth script generator after creating a project and avs script, after checking "On save close and load to be encoded", when i close the script isn't loaded, the preview yes, but not the "avisynth script" to be encoded
fixed in the new version

Quote:
Could you add a way to select the audio sample rate ? I'm trying to do a PSP compliant MPEG4 SP+LC AAC file but audio is always set @ 44.1 wich the PSP don't like.
Eww, bad audio quality. Though the thing is.. you cannot use MeGUI for the PSP.. the MP4 files it creates are not compatible with the PSP since sony had the foresight to break the MP4 specs.. you need a special ffmpeg build to create MP4s that the PSP can handle (at least that's what all the FAQs say). So, if the MP4s MeGUI create will never be PSP compatible (please verify and report back), it obviously makes no sense to add downsampling.. it just gives people the idea that they could use the output for the PSP which is in fact misleading.

Quote:
in auto encode panel, when configuring the muxing, the avi extension is automatically added even if a MP4 file is muxed.
I cannot reproduce that.. please elaborate. When you set filetype to MP4, auto-encode will run in MP4 mode (so naturally the extension is mp4), when you set filetype to AVI, auto-encode will run in AVI mode, so naturally the extension is AVI.
Old 3rd July 2005, 12:02   #210  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
in d2v creator if i stick "On close load file" after demuxing this option isn't fuctional
I cannot confirm that.. works fine here. Three things happen when I activate that option: VOBInputWindow closes, in the main GUI I have audio input configured (AC3 file as input, mp4 as output... audio codec was previously set to AAC), and the avisynth creator window opens with the d2v project preselected and the preview window present. What are your demuxed audio files called? What exactly doesn't work (guide me through it step by step).
Old 3rd July 2005, 12:10   #211  |  Link
Ishan
Anime Vampire

ok, I checked out how they encode a compliant file.
It's just MPEG4 SP + LC AAC@24khz in mp4 container and they use the -title "mytitle" option of ffmpeg (wich I think makes it "compliant" to Sony mp4 format)

Last edited by Ishan; 3rd July 2005 at 12:13.
Old 3rd July 2005, 12:11   #212  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
- in D2V creator, the word "Français" is displayed as "Franais" as if extended charset was not supported
I've seen that.. not quite sure why that happens.. I thought StreamReader was capable of handling the default codepage. Turns out it seems to default to ASCII. I've now forced it to using the System's default codepage and special characters (I tried ~ and ç) are properly shown now.
Old 3rd July 2005, 12:12   #213  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@Ishan: well, it's a special ffmpeg build. If you can manage PSP compliant files muxed with mp4box let me know and I might support it.. but unless I'm sure my output can be played I won't touch the featureset and mislead people into believing they can use MeGUI to create PSP content when in fact they cannot.
Old 3rd July 2005, 12:14   #214  |  Link
Ishan
Anime Vampire

Ok, I wasn't aware it was a special build ^^
My bad
Old 3rd July 2005, 13:47   #215  |  Link
lesnick

In meGUI 2.0.0.6 i can`t use 1st pass:
Next job job1-1 is a video job. encoder commandline:
"E:\My things\Prog\meGUI\tool\mencoder.exe" "" -ovc lavc -o NUL: -passlogfile "2pass.log" -lavcopts vpass=1:vbitrate=825:vqdiff=2
successfully set up video encoder and callbacks for job job1-1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job1-1

File not found: ''
Failed to open
Cannot open file/device.
Old 3rd July 2005, 13:55   #216  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
In meGUI 2.0.0.6 i can`t use 1st pass:
Quote obviously, there's no video input defined.. can you tell me how you created this job, starting from you starting up MeGUI?
Old 3rd July 2005, 14:01   #217  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Have you tried running the jobs? The bitrate is automatically calculated and adjusted according to the effective audio size you get (in case you're doing audio encoding as well, not just audio muxing).
i try to explayn better:
i want to do 1 pass (and only) abr encoding.

even if i choose abr in avc config, and use autoencode to determinate bit rate given a specified size (kb) , on automatic encoding windows on click on queue , a 2 pass job is created. I want 1 pass abr at bitrate calculated by autoencode

Quote:
Not needed, it is done automatically and I take care of all container overhead you'll get as well.
but for 1 pass encode ?

Quote:
not having to worry about absolutel paths. If you're not using plugin auto-loading, that means you know just fine what you're doing and are capable of adding the appropriate line by yourself, wouldn't you agree?
OK, i agree. Not happy but i agree

Quote:
What exactly doesn't work (guide me through it step by step).

start megui (great appz !!)
tool -> d2v creator
open a vob (just a vob laying around in hd, no ifo, vts info...)
choose d2v project output
click on prepare
after the run of dgindex, click "On close load files"
click on exit (X)

no project is loaded

hope that helps !

BHH
Old 3rd July 2005, 14:08   #218  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
no project is loaded
What about the audio configuration.. what did you chose there? Is it a series of vobs or a single one?

Quote:
but for 1 pass encode ?
Not supported. 1 pass means CBR for lavc, snow and XviD, which is about the worst thing you can do, and ABR still means a non optimal bitrate distribution, and less accuracy hitting the target size. However, since the calculated bitrate is automatically shown, you can just go into the autoencode window, note the calculated video bitrate, get back to the main screen, plug the bitrate into the x264 config, and press Queue to just encode the video. One pass in auto mode is not supported for the reasons explained in this and my last reply. I know there's a lot of OPV this OPV that going on in this board and I see programmers spend an outrageous amount of time getting this thing to work for a scenario it's not meant for. So I have decided not become another one of these programmers.
The bitrate calculation even works if you configure an audio stream for encoding that you're going to mux later on.. but not knowing the size in advance, obviously the bitrate isn't as accurate as it could be.
Old 3rd July 2005, 14:15   #219  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw
start megui (great appz !!)
tool -> d2v creator
open a vob (just a vob laying around in hd, no ifo, vts info...)
choose d2v project output
click on prepare
click on exit (X)

no project is loaded

hope that helps !

BHH
Actually, that checkbox really means: once dgindex has closed, close d2vprojectcreator and open files in avisynth window. It isn't supposed to load files when the d2v project creator is closed.
Old 3rd July 2005, 14:17   #220  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
click on exit (X)
Urgh.. I completely missed that.. thanks berrinam. I guess I shouldn't just read diagonally.