Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2009, 20:30   #2001  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraQ View Post
I restarted MeGUI and now the first pass of encoding fails immediately with an error. Anyone else having any trouble?
yes...reported by several people already.

If you want a fresh & correct x264 build, ping me...
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:39   #2002  |  Link
QuadraQ

Downloaded older 1113 version from here: http://skystrife.com/x264/x264.1113M.x86.exe

Renamed it to x264.exe and replaced the one in the C:\Program Files\MeGUI\Tools\x264\ directory ran the same queued jobs and they seem to be working fine. Won't know for sure until encoding finishes, but looks like there is an issue with version 1114 and MeGUI of some kind.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:38   #2003  |  Link
Blatman

Thank you for the advice ! now it works
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:55   #2004  |  Link
cengique

Quote:
Downloaded older 1113 version from here: http://skystrife.com/x264/x264.1113M.x86.exe

Renamed it to x264.exe and replaced the one in the C:\Program Files\MeGUI\Tools\x264\ directory ran the same queued jobs and they seem to be working fine. Won't know for sure until encoding finishes, but looks like there is an issue with version 1114 and MeGUI of some kind.
There's a simpler solution than downloading an older x264. MeGUI keeps a backup of the previous x264.exe in the same tools directory mentioned above. So you can just rename the current x264.exe to something like "x264-broken.exe" and then rename the backup file as "x264.exe". It worked for me.

No rush in providing a new x264 bundle
Old 24th February 2009, 03:10   #2005  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...76#post1253876
Old 5th April 2009, 22:00   #2006  |  Link
Robby23

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to extract subtitles from a ts stream that was recorded from my Scientific Atlanta 8300HD via firewire. No other subtitle extracting program even finds subtitles in the stream except for in megui in "HD streams Extractor." The actual source is of whose line is it anyways which is in 480i. When I extract the subtitles the subtitles are really scrambled but some parts are in line just buggy. Could someone possibly point me in the direction of a tool capable of extracting the subtitles properly? Thanks!!

EDIT: added an example of the subtitles. You can see if you open it in subresync or something like that, that the subtitles are not formatted correctly
Attached Files
File Type: rar T3_Subtitle - 3 Subtitle (SRT).rar (28.5 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Robby23; 5th April 2009 at 22:10.
Old 5th April 2009, 23:21   #2007  |  Link
QuadraQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
Could someone possibly point me in the direction of a tool capable of extracting the subtitles properly? Thanks!!
You have probably already tried this but I use CCExtractor for my subtitles. It's never let me down yet, although I'm recording with Media Center on Vista, so I can't say if it will understand your stream or not.
Old 5th April 2009, 23:50   #2008  |  Link
Unrealbr
Learning To Fly

Does anyone knows if MeGUI is already compatible with the x264 64bit version on vista 64? If so, does it benefit in any way?
Old 6th April 2009, 00:55   #2009  |  Link
Robby23

Quote:
You have probably already tried this but I use CCExtractor for my subtitles. It's never let me down yet, although I'm recording with Media Center on Vista, so I can't say if it will understand your stream or not.
Thank you so much. Would you happen to know how to cut subtitles with the cuts file that is saved in megui?
Old 7th April 2009, 06:40   #2010  |  Link
Ruriko

I just downloaded MeGUI but it doesn't have the option to put it to avi. How can I get this option?
Old 7th April 2009, 07:33   #2011  |  Link
QuadraQ

Quote:
Thank you so much. Would you happen to know how to cut subtitles with the cuts file that is saved in megui?
I'm afraid not. I would suggest doing your cuts in another program before running it through meGUI. I found this to be easier in terms of workflow.

I use VideoReDo to cut my recordings, and then use CCExtractor to save the .srt file and load the results into meGUI for the encoding. I highly recommend VideoReDo for recorded material, since most programs don't handle errors in transmission, or audio sync issues as well as it does. Not a free program but well worth it.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:56   #2012  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruriko View Post
I just downloaded MeGUI but it doesn't have the option to put it to avi. How can I get this option?
And what's this?

Only Xvid and Snow in AVI/(MKV/RAWASP)
x264 = MP4/MKV/RAWAVC

Pretty simple
Old 7th April 2009, 17:31   #2013  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruriko View Post
easy: you cant put h.264 in avi with megui and it will never let you do that even if it's theoretically possible. if you want to know why,
Old 8th April 2009, 07:08   #2014  |  Link
rtjnyoface
Constantly learning

Thanks guys

Don't know if it's said often enough but the dedication and hard work put into this piece of work is simply amazing. Just wanted to post a quick thank you. Wasn't too sure of where to post it either. Anyways, thanks to you all.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:40   #2015  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

you're welcome and glad you like megui.
Old 10th April 2009, 06:12   #2016  |  Link
Flight16

Quote:
I wrote a script that will re-time and trim subtitles using an .avs with a series of Trim()s as the source. I believe there is also a Japanese executable that will do the job.

I've been working on automating .ts -> final mux with trims and subtitles. PM me and maybe we can share our knowledge. Or start a new thread someplace about .ts, subtitles, and demux / encode / mux chain.
Old 10th April 2009, 06:14   #2017  |  Link
Flight16

Any plans for command line options?

Are there any plans to add command line invocation to megui? I would love to call:

megui.exe -inaudio=vid.avs -invideo=vid.avs -preset=ipod, and ipod would point to a given video and a given audio profile, and it would encode and mux the entire thing.

If there aren't plans, how much time do you estimate it would take? Is megui designed in such a way that the change would be easy to make? If so, I could add the feature myself.
Old 10th April 2009, 07:10   #2018  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

no plan for such things...It's a GUI you know that !
Old 10th April 2009, 08:56   #2019  |  Link
Flight16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
no plan for such things...It's a GUI you know that !
Heh, yes. I realize it would be adding a command-line interface to a gui that is designed to wrap command-line utils. But megui provides such a nice queue, logging, and presets... it would be nice to at least have a

megui.exe --auto-queue --vidpreset="ipod" --audpreset="ipod" --muxpreset="mp4"

option that would add a file to the queue with an audio preset, video preset, and muxing preset.

Oh well. megui is still nice. :)
Old 10th April 2009, 13:03   #2020  |  Link
Ruriko

How do I add subs to my video?
Closed Thread