Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th March 2009, 17:07   #1261  |  Link
Quatre

what is the difference between TsRemux and tsMuxeR?
Quatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 07:26   #1262  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post
what is the difference between TsRemux and tsMuxeR?
they do the same
Old 9th May 2009, 23:11   #1263  |  Link
deltec

TSremux wrong fps creating bluray disc

I use tsremux to create bluray from SKY IT ts recording it do a wonderful job but the video originally 1080i 50hz became after creating the bluray 1080i 60hz (fps29,97) and the video is not so good as original cause I see flickering (white text is like pulsing).
With tsmuxer doing the same I have a video as the original at the right fps 25 but tsmuxer is not so good as tsremux with bad sat transport stream and the video has not a natural motion (jumps).
Anyone has a solution for right fps on Tsremux ?
deltec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 17:46   #1264  |  Link
designer

TsRemux 0.21.2 OSX ports download :

http://designer.dlinkddns.com/blog/?p=232
designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 20:58   #1265  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltec View Post
I use tsremux to create bluray from SKY IT ts recording it do a wonderful job but the video originally 1080i 50hz became after creating the bluray 1080i 60hz (fps29,97) and the video is not so good as original cause I see flickering (white text is like pulsing).
With tsmuxer doing the same I have a video as the original at the right fps 25 but tsmuxer is not so good as tsremux with bad sat transport stream and the video has not a natural motion (jumps).
Anyone has a solution for right fps on Tsremux ?
use 50hz? aka 50fps
dont change framrate you HDTV will support it and the BD player also has to support 50hz aka 50fps its even in BD specs
Old 1st June 2009, 19:22   #1266  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Just a note... I don't think 50Hz (fields) interlaced is the same as 50fps. Do not confuse the other forum readers.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:44   #1267  |  Link
deltec

Finally I found a solution, I must use an HEX editor XVI32 is perfect and edit the file .mpls and .clip changing 44 to 43 (read this 64 page thread for better understand what I mean ;-) )
deltec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 18:36   #1268  |  Link
Dare's User Name

Any plans to support Windows Media Center's .wtv files?
Dare's User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 01:10   #1269  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Any readme or FAQ?

I tried tsmuxer and it looks very promising. But how do I use the program with the command line?
mr.duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 02:37   #1270  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

TSMuxer is NOT TSRemux.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:48   #1271  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
TSMuxer is NOT TSRemux.
I meant to say TSRemux. I was using both programs, I must have gotten them mixed up. I think TSRemux is better if I can work out how to use the command line options. It says in post #1 that it has "command line capability". Any info on how to configure it?
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:31   #1272  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Bump

It says in post #1 that it has "command line capability". Any info on how to configure it?
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:15   #1273  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.duck View Post
It says in post #1 that it has "command line capability". Any info on how to configure it?
Do you know how to use cli?

Code:
C:\>tsremux0212 /?

C:\>
TsRemux v.0.0.21.2
usage: tsremux input-file output-path [-a] [+b] [+m] [+c]
   -a: do not use async io (default on)
   +b: bypass audio alignment (default off)
   +m: trueHd to ac3 (default off)
   +c: keep console open when done (win2k)
   output extension controls processing:
       ts, m2ts, none for bluray directory
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:18   #1274  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Do you know how to use cli?
I do now! cheers
Old 28th January 2010, 19:32   #1275  |  Link
Ghitulescu

How can this software be forced to recognize the DVB subtitles (PGS) that are in a TS/M2TS file?
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 06:04   #1276  |  Link
jfromeo
Ed

Anyone knows what Bypass Audio Alignment and Asynch I/O options do?

I guess BAA is needed when, for example, you only keep audios #2 and #3, and therefore the BluRay player may not recognise them (as #1 is missing), so you get no audio. With BAA checked, the program automatically renames the audio streams headers to match #1-#n, as in the original m2ts file. Is that correct?

But I have no idea about what Asynch I/O does, and how it should be left (checked or unchecked) in order to get a m2ts output file as close to the original as possible.
jfromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 03:35   #1277  |  Link
ale5000

Can you please add an output format that it is accepted by mkvtoolnix?
ale5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 12:13   #1278  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
How can this software be forced to recognize the DVB subtitles (PGS) that are in a TS/M2TS file?
Are you 100% sure that the DVB subtitles are PGS?

Cheers
Old 24th January 2011, 11:10   #1279  |  Link
rozel

Remuxing Sky HD .str Files

Hi guys

It's a long time since I was on here so please be gentle

After a few years of head scratching to find a way to "archive" selected Sky HD recordings, made on a Thomson Sky HD box, in HD quality, I think I have finally come up with a solution.

The recordings which I would like to archive are 3 recordings recorded via the BBC HD channel and because BBC HD is fta, I was pointed to +Extract Plus as the means by which to do this.

I have successfully copied, using this program, all 3 recordings to my PC and have 3 .str files sitting nicely in a directory

My initial attempt with the first recording was reasonably successful and I managed to create an .m2ts file using TsRemux 0.21.2. However it refused to play properly using VLC Player or TotalMediaTheatre3.

My aim is to create AVCHD files, using the resultant .m2ts file, using tsMuxeR 1.10.6, a program I am very familiar with, as I create many recordings on a small external drive attached to my PS3, which playback wonderfully through my HTS in marvellous HD quality (both video and sound).

So undeterred I remuxed the resultant .m2ts file through tsMuxeR and hey-presto it worked fabulously Absolutely marvellous!!!!!!

I then set about doing the same with the second recording but have run into synching difficulties and have struggled for hours to correct this problem.

Basically the recording was made in July 2009 and has been played back many times on my Thomson Sky box - I have copied it over several times from the Thomson HDD using +Extract Plus but the exact same issue is present each time I try to remux it. After recomissioning the Thomson box after using +Extract Plus, the recording still plays fine using the box to play it back with.

Here is a copy of the output from tsMuxeR: -

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1440:1080i Frame rate: 25
H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=25
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 192Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames
H264 bitstream changed: insert SPS/PPS units
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position01:05:13,887. Resync stream.
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 384Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position01:05:13,920. Resync stream.
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 384Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position02:07:45,376. Resync stream.
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position02:07:45,408. Resync stream.
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position02:11:54,591. Resync stream.
Processed 198045 video frames
Creation of AVCHD playlist
Creation of AVCHD stream info and seek index
Mux successful complete.
Muxing time: 5 min 19 sec

As you can see there are several places where there appears to be corrective action taken by the prog to correct it but these seem to be well into the recording. When I play back the resultant .m2ts file (within the AVCHD folder), it plays well but the syncing is present from the start.

I have a number of questions please: -

1. Is there anyway to sort this problem out, maybe by using another prog?

2. Can someone please tell me when to use the "Bypass Audio Alignment" option and not to? - I have tried ticking this option and leaving it but I get no difference.

3. I understand that using the BluRay option creates a BluRay folder structure and the .m2ts option creates a single m2ts.file - am I to understand using the .ts option, this creates a single .ts file? If so how can I use this to burn presumably a standard DVD (assuming the file can fit on either a DVD-5 or DVD-9)?

4. As I mentioned, the synching problems occur straight away - would it make any difference if I "trimmed" the first 4 minutes off the recording and then remuxed? I am now using the modified TsRemux v 0.0.23.2, which would make trimming a possibility.

5. Why does tsMuxer not allow you to use .str files?

6 What is the best method to remux SD (standard definition) .str files please?

7. Given the initial recording was a HD broadcast in 1080i, why does the prog show resolution to be at 1440x1080i and not 1920x1080? The finished .m2ts file, while out of synch plays back at 1920x1080 - is this a bug in the prog?

I guess the file I am struggling with is corrupt - when I open it in TsRemux, it shows it's length at 21:48:36 - it's almost 10 Gb in size. In reality it is around 2hrs and 12mins in length. When it is remuxing, it "counts down" from the higher figure and when it gets to about 19:40 something it suddenly changes and reports only 3mins and a few secs left and then completes this and finishes successfully. However this is wrong - my other successful recording showed the correct time length the second I dragged it across to TsRemux and counted down flawlessly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post - I hope some of you experts can answer my questions and shed some light on what I am doing wrong and what I can do to improve matters

TIA

roz

Last edited by rozel; 24th January 2011 at 11:24.
rozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 18:11   #1280  |  Link
rayparkerjr

TsRemux bug when skipping back/forward HD Files !!!

I've been using tsremux to process HD Transport Stream files and my camcorder's HD files. It is a great little piece of software which cleans up the files, putting in the missing headers so they play on players like LG BD570 or WD HD player. I noticed that after being processed, I could not skip forward or backward in the HD files (SD files worked fine). If it did skip, it was quite inaccurate. This happens on WD HD Player, LG BD570 blu ray player, and with XBMC media center.

First I thought that the players did not have enough juice to skip on HD files (because the SD files were playing fine). However since I was using XBMC media center, I was able to recompile the entire tool chain including ffmpeg on Linux and found the problem to be in the transport stream files being created by tsremux.

There are two sets of timestamps in the ISO3818 spec, PCR and PTS. tsremux is redoing the PCR timestamps starting them from 27000000, while PTS are not touched. This causes a mismatch which causes most players to choke when skipping forward to a desired frame.

I have a few questions :
1. Have other people noticed this ?
2. I have a proposed solution which I am testing, and ideally would like to discuss with the author and others who have been messing with the code. But it seems that the author after writing this great software (it handles a wide variety of containers) has moved on to greater things in life and hasn't been active here in months. Are there others who have been messing with the code ?
3. I can check in the solution, but there doesn't seem to be a repository, though I could check the code into Google.
rayparkerjr is offline   Reply With Quote