Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 21st June 2007, 20:02   #341  |  Link
dmz01

1) Make sure you demux elementary and not PES stream.
2) What's the source of your DD+ m2ts file? Blu-ray DD+ standard is different from HD-DVD. In blu-ray the stream has a regular DD base where all the frames have bsid set to standard syntax and a DD+ extension where the frames have bsid set to enhanced syntax. In HD-DVD DD+ all the frames are set to the enhanced syntax. Can eac3to cope with that?
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 21:24   #342  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
Can eac3to cope with that?
Not sure. I'd need a small sample of such a DD+ Blu-Ray stream to check that. If all else fails I could probably add a switch to eac3to to skip header parsing.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 22:18   #343  |  Link
smekoslav

I tried pes and elementary, the result is always the same. Eac3to always gives that parsing error. My source is blu-ray disc.

Last edited by smekoslav; 21st June 2007 at 22:20.
smekoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 08:33   #344  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekoslav View Post
I tried pes and elementary, the result is always the same. Eac3to always gives that parsing error. My source is blu-ray disc.
Can you make 20MB of elementary demux available to me for testing?
Old 22nd June 2007, 09:04   #345  |  Link
smekoslav

Here's a 10mb sample, box.net won't allow bigger files.
http://www.box.net/shared/a1nphdioh9
smekoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:49   #346  |  Link
Pheon

Hi,

I think there's a problem with .ts files that contain aac audio. I have a .ts file with mpeg2 video and aac audio and when I run it through TsRemux to make an .m2ts file, only the video plays. I'm using a ps3 to play these files and it tells you information about the file being played. All that showed up in the info was mpeg2 video. Usually, it also tells you what the audio format is, but this time instead of saying aac audio, it appeared that there was no audio in the file. When I was selecting streams to keep in my output file in TsRemux, the audio showed up as mpeg2 audio, which is wrong. So I think aac audio isn't being handled properly in TsRemux. Hope you can fix this bug! Great work on TsRemux though!
Pheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 02:36   #347  |  Link
dmz01

Pheon,

I need a sample of your source file.
Old 23rd June 2007, 06:27   #348  |  Link
Pheon

Hey, I'd love to give you a sample, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. Is there a guide somewhere that I can follow to make samples of .ts files?
Pheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 08:30   #349  |  Link
dade49

Flyboys BD

Has anyone remuxed/demuxed Flyboys BD? The only multi-channel English track is DTS-HD. It doesn't have a DDP or LPCM track to demux. I can use Tsremux to remux the track, but xport 0.96 cannot demux it. I have demuxed other DTS-HD tracks, (Ghost Rider), but this one doesn't seem to work. I even tried from the source m2ts with xport, but could not make it work.

I am happy to post a sample of the DTS-HD track in an m2ts container, but I don't know how to chop a usable section of it. Can someone give me an idea on how to do that? Thanks.
dade49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:12   #350  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade49 View Post
Has anyone remuxed/demuxed Flyboys BD? The only multi-channel English track is DTS-HD. It doesn't have a DDP or LPCM track to demux. I can use Tsremux to remux the track, but xport 0.96 cannot demux it. I have demuxed other DTS-HD tracks, (Ghost Rider), but this one doesn't seem to work. I even tried from the source m2ts with xport, but could not make it work.

I am happy to post a sample of the DTS-HD track in an m2ts container, but I don't know how to chop a usable section of it. Can someone give me an idea on how to do that? Thanks.
I have a file "chop" utility.

http://www.w6rz.net/head.zip

Usage is:

head <infile> <outfile> <length>

For example:

head movie.m2ts clip.m2ts 10000000

Ron
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:18   #351  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmpeg View Post
I have a file "chop" utility.

http://www.w6rz.net/head.zip

Usage is:

head <infile> <outfile> <length>

For example:

head movie.m2ts clip.m2ts 10000000

Ron
Does it "respect" the m2ts file structure? I mean, does it cut off properly after full transport packets? Probably not, right? I'm asking because I'd like to get a chunk from the middle of a m2ts movie. Of course that works only if at least the beginning of the chunk properly begins on a m2ts packet header. Thanks!
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:24   #352  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Does it "respect" the m2ts file structure? I mean, does it cut off properly after full transport packets? Probably not, right? I'm asking because I'd like to get a chunk from the middle of a m2ts movie. Of course that works only if at least the beginning of the chunk properly begins on a m2ts packet header. Thanks!
You are correct. It's a very simple piece of code that just counts bytes from the beginning of the input file.

Ron
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:59   #353  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmpeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
You are correct. It's a very simple piece of code that just counts bytes from the beginning of the input file.

Ron
You can still use Ron's utility with a little simple math. Since M2TS packets are 192 bytes long, all you have to do is ensure that the number you specify on the command line is evenly divisible by 192. Same goes for TS files with 188 byte packets.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:00   #354  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
You can still use Ron's utility with a little simple math. Since M2TS packets are 192 bytes long, all you have to do is ensure that the number you specify on the command line is evenly divisible by 192. Same goes for TS files with 188 byte packets.
Cool - thanks!
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:01   #355  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade49 View Post

What happens if you try to demux the DTS-HD track in TsRemux (by right-clicking on the stream and selecting demux to elementary stream)?

Last edited by dmz01; 23rd June 2007 at 15:04.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:09   #356  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Blu-ray DD+ standard is different from HD-DVD. In blu-ray the stream has a regular DD base where all the frames have bsid set to standard syntax and a DD+ extension where the frames have bsid set to enhanced syntax. In HD-DVD DD+ all the frames are set to the enhanced syntax. Can eac3to cope with that?
Can any AC3 decoder decode the AC3 part of such a DD+ stream? What purpose does the DD+ extension have then? Just to allow higher bitrate? Do you happen to have some code which is able to find out whether a file is simple AC3 or whether it's AC3 with DD+ extensions in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekoslav
Here's a 10mb sample
I've found a bug in eac3to. Now my latest version detects this file as a normal AC3 file. Are you sure that this is not simply an AC3 file? The AC3Filter can directly play it, btw.
Old 23rd June 2007, 16:33   #357  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Can any AC3 decoder decode the AC3 part of such a DD+ stream? What purpose does the DD+ extension have then? Just to allow higher bitrate? Do you happen to have some code which is able to find out whether a file is simple AC3 or whether it's AC3 with DD+ extensions in it?

I've found a bug in eac3to. Now my latest version detects this file as a normal AC3 file. Are you sure that this is not simply an AC3 file? The AC3Filter can directly play it, btw.
DD+ extension has the purpose of increasing bit rate correct. There is no easy way of telling whether a file is simple AC3 or AC3 with extensions other than the following: If all frames in a file are standard/alternate syntax frame then the file is AC3 only. If at least one frame in the file has enhanced syntax, then the file has DD+ extensions in it. The reason this was done in blu-ray is to allow DD only decoders (like ac3filter etc) to work without having to edit the stream.

Last edited by dmz01; 23rd June 2007 at 16:41.
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:43   #358  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
DD+ extension has the purpose of increasing bit rate correct. There is no easy way of telling whether a file is simple AC3 or AC3 with extensions other than the following: If all frames in a file are standard/alternate syntax frame then the file is AC3 only. If at least one frame in the file has enhanced syntax, then the file has DD+ extensions in it. The reason this was done in blu-ray is to allow DD only decoders (like ac3filter etc) to work without having to edit the stream.
Shouldn't it be possible to find out whether a file has DD+ in it by checking the file size in comparison to the run length?

But I'm wondering: Would a conventional AC3 splitter even be able to find out the correct run length? Normally a splitter probably devides the file size through the bitrate to find out the run length, right? So having additional frames in the stream would confuse the run length calculation, or not?

Thanks!
Old 23rd June 2007, 18:10   #359  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Shouldn't it be possible to find out whether a file has DD+ in it by checking the file size in comparison to the run length?

But I'm wondering: Would a conventional AC3 splitter even be able to find out the correct run length? Normally a splitter probably devides the file size through the bitrate to find out the run length, right? So having additional frames in the stream would confuse the run length calculation, or not?

Thanks!
Yes it would confuse it, especially since the DD+ frames will be of different length than the DD frames.
Old 23rd June 2007, 18:12   #360  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Yes it would confuse it, especially since the DD+ frames will be of different length than the DD frames.
Argh, that's ugly.