Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 10th April 2009, 00:01   #3201  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

LARGE (over 4 gig.) w64 files get error while muxing to m2ts about 1/4 of the way through..locks up tsmuxer 1.9.4b.

small w64 files work fine.

Code:
SmartLabs tsMuxeR.  Version 1.9.4 http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1  Resolution: 1280:720p  Frame rate: 23.976
H.264 muxing fps not set. Get fps from stream.
LPCM bad frame detected. Resync stream.

Last edited by jamos; 10th April 2009 at 00:09.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 00:23   #3202  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
The reason for having 2 seperate output modes is that BluRay spec is not the same as AVCHD spec and some players will only play one or the other.

Previously, TSMuxer was outputting a bastardized-hybrid-mongrel version of BD/AVCHD hence it sort of working on most players. Now that it (hopefully) outputs both modes in accordance with spec, all players will be supported with the only challenge being figuring out which output mode your player likes.
The old bluray output (sort of?) works on all but 2 players that are sharps and well known. If sharp's now work with one of the modes I can see it as an improvement but I really doubt they will, as they don't even play retail BD5. AVCHD spec doesn't allow DTS, VC-1, MPEG2 but TSMuxer will output these when avchd is ticked.

roman76r: The panasonic VC-1 hack was figured out and was tested on other players to be working just fine. Why not just apply that hack when VC-1 is in the output and bluray disk is selected as output instead of having these 2 output options?

setarip_old: bluray disk used to be what you use and it never failed as long as it wasn't vc-1 played on a panasonic. Now as you can see it's a guessing game to figure out what works and what doesn't on specific players. I guess what's needed again unless tsmuxer reverts to a single always working output method we'll need another thorough test of what players work for each output method.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 01:20   #3203  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

feature request:

ability to run tsmuxer in low priority mode for windows. it would be nice to run in background without hogging resources.

thanks
Old 10th April 2009, 03:32   #3204  |  Link
coolalibaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
feature request:

ability to run tsmuxer in low priority mode for windows. it would be nice to run in background without hogging resources.

thanks
I think you can change the priority in the task manager? hehe
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 04:07   #3205  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolalibaba View Post
I think you can change the priority in the task manager? hehe
thats what i do now..heh
Old 10th April 2009, 04:49   #3206  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@rapscallion

Hi!If your specific brand and model number of standalone BluRay player recognizes hi-def files on standard DVD media (DVD5 and DVD9), use BluRay format...
Hi Setarip !

Yes, my Pioneer 51 recognizes the discs I recorded in prev ver of tsmuxer, that only had blu-ray output option, so I'll continue to use that output/format.

But, my Samsung 1200 did not. So, just out of curiousity, I'll try a small test file with both outputs (1.9.4) and see if the Sammy can play one of them now.

Last edited by rapscallion; 10th April 2009 at 04:51.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 06:13   #3207  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
Hi Setarip !

Yes, my Pioneer 51 recognizes the discs I recorded in prev ver of tsmuxer, that only had blu-ray output option, so I'll continue to use that output/format.

But, my Samsung 1200 did not. So, just out of curiousity, I'll try a small test file with both outputs (1.9.4) and see if the Sammy can play one of them now.
With newer samsung firmwares/players you have to remove the AUXDATA folder for them to play. I'm not sure it's the same on Samsung 1200 but worth a try.

Good luck on your tests with latest tsmuxer using both outputs on both of those players. Please report back as we have to start fresh with a list of players that each output supports.
Old 10th April 2009, 06:40   #3208  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Please report back as we have to start fresh with a list of players that each output supports.
This would be a good idea.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 07:03   #3209  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
mrr19121970
I tested wave64 files created in Sound Forge. Can you send me your file?
I PMed you the file link

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
Did I select the invisible font in my last post? It's now the other way round, you have to use the AVCHD mode in 1.9.4. Bluray mode results in no titles.
Sorry, that was my bug in Clown_BD 0.42b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I'm not using any VB/C/C+/C# in my applications - that's why I asked for it. I'd like to keep multiAVCHD smaller (it is just 400-500kb now) and not dependent on anything but tsmuxer and other tools. No need for .net / other dlls... I can read output but I'd like to have final log for processing and error reporting because my apps call tsmuxer in ways that overcome its limits atp.
you can 'run':

Code:
%comspec% /c tsmuxer.exe >log.txt
but the progress % is (or at least was in the past) written to every line.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 07:05   #3210  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
This would be a good idea.
In the long run I hope tsmuxer goes back to what was working fine and saves testers all the grief.
Old 10th April 2009, 07:24   #3211  |  Link
kaid

Totally awesome that Roman updated the Linux-Version to the most current one, finally no more BD mux issues, thanks so much! The Mac-Version is a very very pleasant surprise, too - But why Intel-only? That's like making it only run on Core or Phenom on Windows, you wouldn't shut out Millions of P4 or Athlon-owners, would you? Millions of Mac-Users still have very capable Dual or even Quad G5 PPC-Machines!... I (and many others) would be so glad if you also made it PPC-compatible! I'd be more than happy to test it if you did! ;-)
kaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 07:34   #3212  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r
On the other hand some players such as Panasonic does not allows VC-1 video for AVCHD disk and requires blu-ray data type.
Well VC-1 in AVCHD is not allowed, only AVC, that why called AVCHD
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 10:06   #3213  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
deank

What is purpose of this feature? You can redirect tsMuxeR output to the file by means of pipes. For example (on win32):
tsMUxer test.meta test.ts 1> stdout.txt 2> stderr.txt
No I can't use redirections or stdout/in. I'm restricted to API call to CreateProcessA from kernel32.dll and it allows execution of .exe + parameters. So if you decide to add a log file - it will help me.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:59   #3214  |  Link
turbojet

Actually I was wrong in saying that the VC-1 for Panasonic hack has been tested on other players to play, it doesn't look like it has at least looking at posts and it is basically what new bluray output produces. This is the only scenario I know of that this function has use for. Old tsmuxer create blu-ray disk has been thoroughly tested on BDR's via RipBot264.

Old create blu-ray disk function seems to be almost identical to new avchd function except clpi/mpls headers are different, 200 in old, 100 in new. Is there anything else changed and could this cause problems?

It would be interesting to see if vc-1 can play on panasonic's using the new avchd output and if everything else plays ok with it. Would reverting back to old create blu-ray disk, many programs rely on --blu-ray and using 100 headers on clpi/mpls while getting rid of --avchd be tsmuxer's answer roman76r?
Old 10th April 2009, 11:58   #3215  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
No I can't use redirections or stdout/in. I'm restricted to API call to CreateProcessA from kernel32.dll and it allows execution of .exe + parameters. So if you decide to add a log file - it will help me.
execution of .exe = %comspec%
parameters = /c tsmuxer.exe meta.meta >log.txt

I'm sure this will work
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 12:12   #3216  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I thought I tried this before and it never worked. So I replaced the the exe with cmd.exe and it is okay now! Thanks again.
Old 10th April 2009, 13:35   #3217  |  Link
Rodger

Let me say/report it clear again.

My Samsung BD-P1400 almost plays ANYTHING I throw into it.
No matter if I choose AVCHD or Blu-Ray.

My Panasonic DMP-BD30 is bit more choosy. But still as far as I tested. No problem here with AVCHD or Blu-Ray setting in tsmuxer.

BUT here comes the bitch of all bitches when it comes to this theme.

The Samsung BD-P2500 !!!
Aspect Ratio? Be careful when you work on that one.
Iīve had small "white lines" on my TV (ca. 1 inch on a 32" TV) when the video was 1920x1080!!! But you can make that work.

What you absolutely canīt get to work, is the unused directories.
This Samsung (European Version) does absolutely refuse to play ANYTHING, if I donīt remove the unsued dirs.
Here is a screenshot, of what does work.

PLEASE change this in the AVCHD "Mode" of tsmuxer.
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 18:45   #3218  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
With newer samsung firmwares/players you have to remove the AUXDATA folder for them to play. I'm not sure it's the same on Samsung 1200 but worth a try.

Good luck on your tests with latest tsmuxer using both outputs on both of those players. Please report back as we have to start fresh with a list of players that each output supports.
Ok, here are the results, using DVD5 RW, 30 min movie clip , 1280*720 :

Samsung 1200 - Will not play discs using either Blu-ray or AVCHD output mode. (btw, the owner's manual does NOT list AVCHD as a format it will play) Also will not play either mode if "aux" dir is removed or using basic structure, per Roger's post above.

Pioneer BDP-51fd : Plays both output modes equally well and player display indicates "avchd" for both.

Samsung 1400 : Before I sold it last week, using prev ver of tsmuxer w/o avchd output option, played fine in blu-ray mode.
Old 10th April 2009, 18:54   #3219  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
Samsung 1200 - Will not play discs using either Blu-ray or AVCHD output mode. (btw, the owner's manual does NOT list AVCHD as a format it will play) Also will not play either mode if "aux" dir is removed or using basic structure, per Roger's post above.
I found some info that the latest 2.3 firmware disables AVCHD playback. Others have been having success with previous firmwares though, I don't know if they are deleting AUXDATA directory or not. Deleting all but CLIPINF, PLAYLIST and STREAM is another common hack.

Thanks for the testing.

I have a good feeling AVCHD output in 1.9.x versions is technically more accurate then 1.8.34 and older versions of bluray disk output. But I don't know if it will make any playability difference.
Old 10th April 2009, 19:48   #3220  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
I found some info that the latest 2.3 firmware disables AVCHD playback. Others have been having success with previous firmwares though, I don't know if they are deleting AUXDATA directory or not. Deleting all but CLIPINF, PLAYLIST and STREAM is another common hack.

Thanks for the testing.

I have a good feeling AVCHD output in 1.9.x versions is technically more accurate then 1.8.34 and older versions of bluray disk output. But I don't know if it will make any playability difference.
I have been following the 1200 thread in the AVS forum and just did a search for avchd. You're right, SS removed the "feature" in FW 2.3 and I wasn't trying that format then. There was playabilty with auxdata dir in place, I believe.

Current FW is 2.5, which I have. They claim avchd is a unsupported format on this model so they probably won't bring it back. (They have enough trouble with playback on supported formats, believe me ) I could roll back the FW, but that would cause more problems with BD discs.

I tried the "common hack" and that doesn't work either. Not an issue as I don't use this player for avchd PB.

For my Pio 51, I'll probably stay with the the Blu-ray output mode unless someone finds a significant difference.

Edit : I imagine that the "Blu-ray" tab for chapters should now be renamed "Blu-ray/AVCHD" in order to avoid confusion.

Last edited by rapscallion; 11th April 2009 at 17:25. Reason: added info

Tags
tsmuxer