Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 25th April 2017, 20:48   #1781  |  Link
ggtop

Feature request alternate output

Hi jdobbs,

I did a lot of MP4s lately with great success. All problems I had with previous versions are gone. Many thanks for that in the first place.
I came accross 2 feature requests while doing them:
1. Output MP4Box commandline to a textfile in WORKFILES folder for reviewing similar to LASTCMD.TXT. Reason: Sometimes alternate outputs are out of sync because of leading malformed clips in multipart sources. The commandline could easily be used to run MP4Box from CMD later.
2. Option not to delete final .264 file that is passed to MP4Box. Reason: In case of multipart sources BD-RB creates a VIDxxx+VIDyyy.264 file that is deleted after muxing. In case I need to run MP4Box again I'd like to keep the file in WORKFILES

Many thanks for thinking about my wishes :-)

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 10:59   #1782  |  Link
fuzzycato

Feature request upspeed BD to PAL

Hi jdobbs,
what an amazing piece of software! - Thank You very much!
I have a feature request that would be great I think (especially for the folks in europe):
Could You implement the possibility to speedup the whole BD to PAL including a higher pitch of the soundtrack?
The Problem is, that a lot of movies here in europe are in 23/24 fps too, but mostly the pitch of the dubbed soundtracks is slowed down and therefore the pitch is lowered.
To a lot of movie fans I have talked to (including me) this sounds very weird (like a to slow record player) - and it ruins the joy of watching the movie. So this was always a KO criterium for me, to buy a BD.
I saw, that clownBD can do the job - but only for the main title of the BD - and without menues ...
If this would work for the whole BD including the menues this would just be AMAZING! :-)
Thank You very much!
fuzzycato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 22:23   #1783  |  Link
ggtop

Actually my feature request is not valid anymore :-)
I have written a fully automated batchfile using the MUX_MOVIE_ONLY/ALTERNATE.meta files to call tsmuxer if I need that.

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 13:32   #1784  |  Link
drmih

With the UHD encryption seemingly overcome, and a Russian company selling software to back up your discs (along with recommendations on drives), would it be possible to add functionality to re-encode them to fit on a bd-50? The structure appears the same as standard blu ray discs.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 14:08   #1785  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

SEEMINGLY being the key word here, So far it supposedly only works for SPECIFIC titles for a SPECIFIC region. AACS 2.0 is anything BUT cracked "globally"
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 16:53   #1786  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
SEEMINGLY being the key word here, So far it supposedly only works for SPECIFIC titles for a SPECIFIC region. AACS 2.0 is anything BUT cracked "globally"
The fact that they have done 30 to 40 titles indicates that it is no longer secure - the fact that it isn't 'automatic' doesn't mean it's not cracked, just that it requires manual intervention from those in the know. If they haven't got access to discs from other regions (they're Russian) then they may not be able to do those. The relatively high price of the software does seem to indicate that they need funds to obtain the discs to implement it. However, from a disc every month being 'cracked' it's now become a couple a week, so I think, given the fact that they've gone public / commercial, that the database might grow quickly, and it might be possible for them to get information from unsupported discs via the software to be able to crack it remotely.
Old 7th October 2017, 17:25   #1787  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

No, users on the redfox forums state specifically that the developers said for now it doesn't work for all titles and all regions.
Old 7th October 2017, 17:40   #1788  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
No, users on the redfox forums state specifically that the developers said for now it doesn't work for all titles and all regions.
Where did anyone mention all titles and all regions around here
Or is this a case of Redfox hasn't / can't do it yet so no one can
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 18:45   #1789  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

'no longer secure' implies being cracked, and in turn affects globally. I said, all titles here after others said it on RedFox forums. The fact that RedFox doesn't do it yet is irrelevant. I'm impartial, I don't even have any 4k gear except maybe one of my PC drives. I just look at it from all sides. No more, no less. I don't care who fully cracks or completely, as users are entitled to make fair use backups. Whether it's with RedFox software, elby, deuhd, dvdfab or another...

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Old 7th October 2017, 20:16   #1790  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
I appreciate this - it's rather like the dvdfab cinavia removal - it appears that the software contains information for each supported release, or can 'phone home'. What you're saying is that a piece of software can't figure out how to decrypt any disc, but that's rather by-the-way compared to saying that the encryption hasn't been cracked. Quite clearly the existence of 30+ images without encryption show that it has been cracked, but that so far they haven't been able to code the software to do it automatically. I haven't got a clue how its done, but say, for instance, that they found a uhd drive which could be hacked to reveal the key. They wouldn't want to release this information, but would need to play every different disc on this drive to get the key to add to the database.
Old 7th October 2017, 21:58   #1791  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

No it hasn't. Feel free to check the current deuhd thread on RedFox forum. Aacs uses AES 2 I think Pete said, which was very secure in some 'timing' or something. That said, the INDICATION that there's at least a partial breakthrough on the uhd decryption is something I welcome and will continue to follow until it's completely cracked. Then things can really take off for consumer fair use backups.

Old 9th October 2017, 12:11   #1792  |  Link
varekai

Request: Make BD-RB use LAVfilters 0.70.2

It would be great if LAVfilters 0.70.2 could be used for BD-RB.
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 23:07   #1793  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
No it hasn't. Feel free to check the current deuhd thread on RedFox forum. Aacs uses AES 2 I think Pete said, which was very secure in some 'timing' or something. That said, the INDICATION that there's at least a partial breakthrough on the uhd decryption is something I welcome and will continue to follow until it's completely cracked. Then things can really take off for consumer fair use backups.

I'm still puzzled as to what hasn't been cracked. There are numerous discs which have quite clearly been backed up, and don't appear to have anything missing. Therefore which aspect hasn't been defeated - this is a sincere question as if images are available of full discs, isn't that proof? Alien Covenant, which is less than 50 Gb, has been burnt to a bd-50 and plays on UHD players (all the other images are either bd-66 or bd-100).
Old 10th October 2017, 13:11   #1794  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post
It would be great if LAVfilters 0.70.2 could be used for BD-RB.
Have you tried that version and it has failed? Or do you just mean they should be tested and set as the recommended version? Any particular advantages it has over the recommended version?

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th October 2017 at 13:13.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 13:32   #1795  |  Link
varekai

Hi jdobbs!
No, havn't tried that LAVfilters version yet, but will do when I have a new BD-RB project.
I will let you know then if any audio sync issues appear, maybe all is OK?
I use PotPlayer together with madVR and that is the only reason I have installed the latest LAVfilters.
Recently found out that MPC-HC uses it's own internal 0.70.2 LAVfilters so maybe I will drop PotPlayer.
I kind of like the GUI of PotPlayer though.

Edit:
I have to say it's a bit confusing for me with filters and all available settings in media players.
Just trying to get the most out of it, they call me Hawkeye for a reason...

Last edited by varekai; 10th October 2017 at 13:43. Reason: .
Old 10th October 2017, 21:35   #1796  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
they call me Hawkeye for a reason...
Perhaps they are saying 'Cockeye' and you just aren't hearing them right...

Last edited by Lathe; 10th October 2017 at 21:39.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 09:25   #1797  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Perhaps they are saying 'Cockeye' and you just aren't hearing them right...
Old 11th October 2017, 21:21   #1798  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:

EXACTLY!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 11:06   #1799  |  Link
drmih

Quote:

I think something must have changed because over the last week there have been about 3 complete disc images put on line per day.
Old 14th October 2017, 11:58   #1800  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

That I won't deny, but there's zero evidence so far it has been cracked completely or they wouldn't be limited to 'certain disc versions only'.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk