Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th March 2004, 21:02   #521  |  Link
Top_Cat

Quote:
Originally posted by Trahald
top_cat.. this happened to me with 2.67 what the problem i found out to be was i had it set to 2.67 BASIC when i did the PREPARE step. when i changed it to the cce setting to cce 2.66+ it didnt help, but that was because the ecl files were already written for 2.67 basic. all i had to do was make sure 2.66+ was checked and redo the PREPARE step (also make sure add audio and converttoyuy2 is checked in avs options) and it worked fine after that
That sorted it I think! well done Trahald.

I also checked my AVS options and add audio was not ticked so I ticked this.

btw. Firefly is fantastic, I also have the NTSC version cos I ordered it from the states. Fantastic series and a great loss that it was cancelled! But the good news is the film is being made
Top_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 21:26   #522  |  Link
brikin

Thanks for the tool JDobbs. 0.27 fixed my '9' error. When I loaded the files in Nero it said my .BUP did not match my .IFO. I deleted the .BUP and copied and renamed my .IFO's to .BUP and everything burned fine. I didn't know if this issue has been brought up or not.

Thanks again
brikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 21:53   #523  |  Link
hypo20

Re: makes no sense...

Quote:
Originally posted by huesage
@jdobbs:

I ran a test with the following setup:

- DVD Rebuilder 0.27
- EclCCE (latest version)
- CCE SP Trial ;-) 2.67
- Big Lebowski NTSC (7.90GB) 1:1 nothing stripped.

When doing this backup on 2 passes, everything went really smooth. After that I decided to try 7 passes to compensate for the really large size. It did not go as well, my computer did an auto reboot.

Now, I cannot say if it is DVD Rebuilders problem or not. I am doing a 7 pass with same setup but using CCE SP 2.50 and will see how that goes (23% and going). I will also try 7 pass using CCE SP 2.67 again to see if the reboot is consistent.

But so far, I have tried 7 pass 2 times, on 2 different movies that I own and both times computer rebooted when left running over night.

By the way, I will comfirm that the "minimize CCE" option does not work when running through EclCCE as you said.

I will post more once this test goes through, I highly doubt that it is a hardware problem, the system seems to be running fine.

It also might just be my version of CCE SP 2.67, so do not look into this one right away.
I did 7-pass on Pearl Harbor and works fine. BTW it was doing 8 hours on myh machine. )

MB: MSI K8D Master F
CPU: 2x AMD Opteron 244 (1800Mhz)
SYS HDD: Maxtor Atlas 36GB SCSI 10K RPM
DATA HDD: 3.2TB RAID6 SCSI DISK SUBSYSTEM
VGA: MSI GeforceFX 9590Ultra 256MB DDRAM ViVo
MONITOR: iMAC 19" 16:9 LCD
CASE: ThermalTake Xaser III Silver
RAM: 12GB DDR400 ECC (6x Kingston KVR333X72RC25/2G)
KB & MOUSE: MS Optical Wireless Desktop
DVD-RW: NEC ND-2500A
DVD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-120
VIDEO CARD: Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme Pro
hypo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 22:05   #524  |  Link
nwg

I would like to report a strange bug.

A few times now when I abort the encoding process, I lose all my icons on the desktop and in the taskbar. I have to reboot to get the desktop icons back but lost the taskbar ones completely.

It has done it on several versions of DVD RB.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 22:10   #525  |  Link
robw

Quote:
A few times now when I abort the encoding process, I lose all my icons on the desktop and in the taskbar. I have to reboot to get the desktop icons back but lost the taskbar ones completely.
This has happened to me as well. I haven't looked in to it completely but I believe it only happens when you abort a process during the CCE phase (so is it DVDRB, CCE, or EclCCE?)

All my desktop icons are MIA as well as those on the taskbar.

robw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 22:25   #526  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by robw
This has happened to me as well. I haven't looked in to it completely but I believe it only happens when you abort a process during the CCE phase (so is it DVDRB, CCE, or EclCCE?)

All my desktop icons are MIA as well as those on the taskbar.

Wow. I'm better than I thought. I don't even know how I'm doing that!
Old 30th March 2004, 22:29   #527  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
Wow. I'm better than I thought. I don't even know how I'm doing that!
The Lord works in mysterious ways...
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 22:30   #528  |  Link
robot1

Still error 9

I still get error 9 in rebuilding phase:
DVD-RB 0.27 with Rejig engine, backing up DVD NTSC U2 Go Home.
It's a concert, interlaced 30 fps. Two VTS, with no angle and no stills.
If I could help with others info, let me know.
robot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 22:46   #529  |  Link
Top_Cat

Quote:
Originally posted by Top_Cat
That sorted it I think! well done Trahald.

I also checked my AVS options and add audio was not ticked so I ticked this.

btw. Firefly is fantastic, I also have the NTSC version cos I ordered it from the states. Fantastic series and a great loss that it was cancelled! But the good news is the film is being made
ooops spoke to soon!
Well that problem is resolved the next problem that I have encountered is that everything seems to work fine when I press ENCODE (took 1 hour to encode) but it did not encode the main TV episodes just the menus!

I pressed REMERGE and it said that there are no files, and that I needed to PROCESS and ENCODE! I checked the created VIDEO_TS folder and it is only 65MB with just the menu files created.

Any idea's? was there a box I forgot to tick or something? an hour to encode the titles seems a long time as well (2gig Athlon XP with 1 Gig of DDR-Ram)
Top_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 23:00   #530  |  Link
Observer

Bitrate based on original bitrate distribution

This is probably very simple for you but I post it anyway. I guess that the new bitrate for a segment, based on the original bitrate distribution could be calculated as:

NewSegBit=(TotTime*AvgBitr)/sum(SegTime*OrigSegBitr)*OrigSegBitr

where

NewSegBit = The new bitrate for a certain segment
TotTime = The total time (length) of all segments
AvgBitr = The average bitrate that is needed to fill a DVD-R
SegTime = The time (length) of segment i
OrigSegBitr = The original bitrate of segment i

Regards,
O
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 23:08   #531  |  Link
jhmac

- DVD Rebuilder 0.27
- CCE Basic 2.67.01.19
- Matchstick Men NTSC 1:1 nothing stripped.

All went fine until I played it in my Settop box, there is a small split second pause in the audio when it changes chapters. Any one have this problem? I have used big3 for some time now and never had this problem. I have done this movie 3 times and all with the same end result. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks JHMac
jhmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 23:20   #532  |  Link
fagankev

dvdrb v0.27
eclcce v1.8
cce v2.66

error code 6, during the rebuild phase.
movie was pal version of love actually
fagankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 00:15   #533  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by Top_Cat
ooops spoke to soon!
Well that problem is resolved the next problem that I have encountered is that everything seems to work fine when I press ENCODE (took 1 hour to encode) but it did not encode the main TV episodes just the menus!

I pressed REMERGE and it said that there are no files, and that I needed to PROCESS and ENCODE! I checked the created VIDEO_TS folder and it is only 65MB with just the menu files created.

Any idea's? was there a box I forgot to tick or something? an hour to encode the titles seems a long time as well (2gig Athlon XP with 1 Gig of DDR-Ram)
Since DVD-RB doesn't recode menus that is unlikely. Did it tell you it was encoding in the status window? Did is say it was finished after an hour? There has to be a misconfiguration somewhere...
Old 31st March 2004, 00:23   #534  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by jhmac

- DVD Rebuilder 0.27
- CCE Basic 2.67.01.19
- Matchstick Men NTSC 1:1 nothing stripped.

All went fine until I played it in my Settop box, there is a small split second pause in the audio when it changes chapters. Any one have this problem? I have used big3 for some time now and never had this problem. I have done this movie 3 times and all with the same end result. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks JHMac
Could you do me a favor? After running DVD-RB, use IFOEDIT's VOB Extras to rebuild the VTSs (see earler posts on that subject). If that fixes the audio issue I may be able to find a fix...
Old 31st March 2004, 00:33   #535  |  Link
chadp1a

@jdobbs

Have you had a chance to figure out what is causing the runtime error 6 overflow error in version .27

This error was not present in your .26 build.

Thanks

Last edited by chadp1a; 31st March 2004 at 01:20.
chadp1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 00:46   #536  |  Link
nimbles

jdobbs you are the man!!

Hi, my first post to congratualte you on this great tool- i'm newb and have always been scared off from using CCE based methods partly cos i just couldn't get my head around all the steps i had to do and the cost involved in the big 3 method.

just used v0.27 and the quality is far better than the dvdshrink/ic8 methods i usually use.

thanks very much jdobbs

I have a few questions that i hope you'd be able to help with:
1) I did Donnie Brasco (pal r2) using CCE SP2.67.023 the orginal file size is a little over 7.5 GB, and using 5 pass with a qunatizer of 24 (out of 64) I got a file size around 4.28GB. Quality is great, but iwas just wondering if there is a way of upping the space used to almost fill the disc?
2) I'm not really sure of the effect of the quality_prec (think there's a typo there ) & vbr bias settings- could you please explain to me what it does- (is it the same as in say xvid quantizer encoding where the lower the number the higher the quality?)

Last edited by nimbles; 31st March 2004 at 00:50.
nimbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 00:59   #537  |  Link
Stive
DVD-RB Fan

Great Tool jdobbs

Tools and DVD:
DVDRBv26 (Default settings except, dynamic, 4passes, and one-click)
1.7ecl
2.54avi
2.50CCE (default settings)
AMD CPU
WinXP Pro
LOTRings2 (full dvd backup)

The process was smooth...no errors. However, I am experiencing the chapter studder on regular play through and if I fast forward to the chapter and back it up just a bit. Right now, I am running it through ifoedit with the particular settings noted based on a previous post to see if it will take it out. According to a previous post, only the following should be checked: "correct vob unit navpack...", "adjust vob unit pointer", and "adjust aduio/subp" (on ifoeditv96). I had tried a movie only on the DVD by stripping it with DVDShrink (no compression), DVDRB26, and ifoedit. But, that did not take out the studder. I'll report back with the result later tonight.
Stive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 01:03   #538  |  Link
nwg

I did Back to the Future (inc stills) just fine with 025 with Rejig. I decided to do it again with 027 and its fails during build with a runtime error 6.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 01:32   #539  |  Link
anomiERIC

Quote:
Originally posted by chadp1a
Also getting the overflow error#0004 during rebuilding
using......
DVD-RB V.27
CCE 2.67 trial
OS WinXp
This error did not occur with the .26 version.
I have this same problem but can't find .26 to download since people say this version works. Is there a place to get the older versions?

I'm using XP SP1 (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 : SP1)
DVD-RB .27 (never used .26 before .27 was out)
CCE SP 2.67.00.023
ECLCCE 1.8 and tried the 1.7b version also.
I get the same with both, and ive tried every combination of the YUV, AddAudio, and ResampleAudio options. All alone, two of the three, and all three with both versions of ECLCCE. It finished in less than 5 minutes and then I get that error (DVD Rebuilder experienced a buffer overflow. Error #0004. Process must abort.) and then (Stop statement encountered). The disc I am trying to encode is the Upright Citizens Brigade Season 01 Disc 01. I can post the files if needed, but it sounds like this has been reported already so I won't until asked.

I am using Avisynth 2.5 that comes with the latest GordianKnot and the MPEG2Dec3dg.dll is the only file in the plugins dir of that. Path pointed to in program, but do I need to have the Add to AVS checked? I have tried with and without and same results, but just wanted to know what it should be. Final Size after it runs from the 6.61 GB vobs is 9.59 MB in the D2VAVS folder and 97.3 MB in the VIDEO_TS folder.
anomiERIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 02:13   #540  |  Link
Stive
DVD-RB Fan

Grrrrrrrr......I have finished the ifoedit and burned the dvd, but still have the studder at chapter points. Any suggestions?
Stive is offline   Reply With Quote