Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th March 2004, 14:44   #501  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
wmansir wrote,
Could it be due to stills being present? RB has a problem with stills, though I don't know the error code produced. I started to do BTTF II, but stopped when I noticed it contained stills.
It does have photos but it worked fine with CCE but not QuEnc. That is the weird thing.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 14:49   #502  |  Link
djan
- DVDRB User -

Hi,

I'm getting a CCE crash with "PANIC ROOM" DVD. There is the print screen :

It's just after the fifth vaf just before beginning the m2v encoding of this same cell. I'm using CCE 2.50 with ECLECC 1.7b. What can be the problem ? The AVS file works well.
Old 30th March 2004, 14:49   #503  |  Link
RB
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Taro
Hello,

I see, Top_Cat has the same problem, like me:
Phase II, Encoding process starts, CCE appears (with the path of ITEM.ECL file (F:\Test\D2VAVS\ITEM.ECL) in the header of it), but nothing happens, CCE doesn't work although Rebuilder owns 100% processor time.

As I mentioned yesterday, I set the path of CCE in eclCCE and set the path of eclCCE in Rebuilder.

JDobbs or anyone, what can the problem be at Top_Cat and me?

(I'm using CCE SP Trial v2.67.011 with EclCCE v1.7b, OS: Win2000)
And the CCE window stays empty, no files listed etc.? Did you set the CCE process priority to Idle in the EclCCE settings in CCE? If so, try setting it to Normal or Default. Does this fix it?
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 15:09   #504  |  Link
Taro

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
And the CCE window stays empty, no files listed etc.? Did you set the CCE process priority to Idle in the EclCCE settings in CCE? If so, try setting it to Normal or Default. Does this fix it?
Yes, no file is listed in CCE window.
I think, the priority was set to Default and after some trying I set it to High (or something like this). But it also didn't work.
I think, the priority affects only encoding the video, but not affects loading/saving ECL file. But I'll try your tip (I'll have possibility to test it unfortunately only tomorrow). BTW. thanks for it!
Taro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 15:47   #505  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

With version .27 i get an overflow error#0004 during rebuilding

using DVD-RB V.27
CCE 2.66 trial
OS WinXp

And its on the DVD 28 Days later
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 16:16   #506  |  Link
Top_Cat

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
What operating system do you use? When you click Abort in Rebuilder at this time, can you load the ITEM.ECL into CCE manually? Did you run EclCCE.exe manually at least once and pointed it to the CCE executable?
I am running Windows 2003 server. When I click abort it abort and then try to open ITEM.ECL or REBUILDER.ECL manually (File/Open/Project) it still down not work. However if I go File/Open/File and select V01000000001001.AVS then it appears in the CCE window and encode it (well I think it encodes it, I've not used CCE before but it looks to me that it works cos V01000000001001.AVS appears in the CCE window and a popup appears saying saving V01000000001001.mpv etc..)

I have tried setting it to Normal and High Priority but it still did not help.

The DVD is FireFly Disc 2 if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps. any more information needed then please let me know

Last edited by Top_Cat; 30th March 2004 at 16:21.
Top_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 16:46   #507  |  Link
chadp1a

Also getting the overflow error#0004 during rebuilding

using......

DVD-RB V.27
CCE 2.67 trial
OS WinXp

This error did not occur with the .26 version.
chadp1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 18:57   #508  |  Link
huesage

makes no sense...

@jdobbs:

I ran a test with the following setup:

- DVD Rebuilder 0.27
- EclCCE (latest version)
- CCE SP Trial ;-) 2.67
- Big Lebowski NTSC (7.90GB) 1:1 nothing stripped.

When doing this backup on 2 passes, everything went really smooth. After that I decided to try 7 passes to compensate for the really large size. It did not go as well, my computer did an auto reboot.

Now, I cannot say if it is DVD Rebuilders problem or not. I am doing a 7 pass with same setup but using CCE SP 2.50 and will see how that goes (23% and going). I will also try 7 pass using CCE SP 2.67 again to see if the reboot is consistent.

But so far, I have tried 7 pass 2 times, on 2 different movies that I own and both times computer rebooted when left running over night.

By the way, I will comfirm that the "minimize CCE" option does not work when running through EclCCE as you said.

I will post more once this test goes through, I highly doubt that it is a hardware problem, the system seems to be running fine.

It also might just be my version of CCE SP 2.67, so do not look into this one right away.
huesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 19:05   #509  |  Link
nwg

Do you really need to do 7 passes?

with a 7.9GB size, I would do 4 passes maximum. The extra time probably won't improve the video quality.

What happens if you put it on 4 or 5 passes?
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 19:27   #510  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

top_cat.. this happened to me with 2.67 what the problem i found out to be was i had it set to 2.67 BASIC when i did the PREPARE step. when i changed it to the cce setting to cce 2.66+ it didnt help, but that was because the ecl files were already written for 2.67 basic. all i had to do was make sure 2.66+ was checked and redo the PREPARE step (also make sure add audio and converttoyuy2 is checked in avs options) and it worked fine after that
Old 30th March 2004, 19:30   #511  |  Link
huesage

I am very picky as far as quality is concerned... which is why i do not take chances, I just do 7 passes.

But that is not the point, the point is that when doing a 7 pass with this setup, my comp reboots on me ;-)

PS: thanx for the tip.
Old 30th March 2004, 19:51   #512  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Quote:
Originally posted by huesage
I am very picky as far as quality is concerned... which is why i do not take chances, I just do 7 passes.
Well, according to most experts on the matter, VAF+2 passes is already enough. IIRC, even the CCE manual does not recommend such a high number of passes, and in fact if the BR is adequate, more passes than needed produce a worse output.

Of course you're free to encode as you prefer, but IMHO you are taking the wrong chances with 7 passes.
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 19:52   #513  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by Top_Cat
I am running Windows 2003 server. When I click abort it abort and then try to open ITEM.ECL or REBUILDER.ECL manually (File/Open/Project) it still down not work. However if I go File/Open/File and select V01000000001001.AVS then it appears in the CCE window and encode it (well I think it encodes it, I've not used CCE before but it looks to me that it works cos V01000000001001.AVS appears in the CCE window and a popup appears saying saving V01000000001001.mpv etc..)

I have tried setting it to Normal and High Priority but it still did not help.

The DVD is FireFly Disc 2 if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps. any more information needed then please let me know
Just as an aside -- this is a great series isn't it? I own this one (NTSC) and will try it myself.
Old 30th March 2004, 19:53   #514  |  Link
kadilak

Not trying to be a pain, just not sure if you saw the post because this thread has been pretty active.

Both djan and I are seeing freezing in the video when playing through chapter points. There is no pixelation, it just freezes for mabye 1/2 a second before moving to the next chapter.
kadilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 19:55   #515  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by Trahald
top_cat.. this happened to me with 2.67 what the problem i found out to be was i had it set to 2.67 BASIC when i did the PREPARE step. when i changed it to the cce setting to cce 2.66+ it didnt help, but that was because the ecl files were already written for 2.67 basic. all i had to do was make sure 2.66+ was checked and redo the PREPARE step (also make sure add audio and converttoyuy2 is checked in avs options) and it worked fine after that
I will add a check that warns when you try to run different settings across phases. This seems to be a continuing problem that I should have considered...
Old 30th March 2004, 19:57   #516  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by chadp1a
Also getting the overflow error#0004 during rebuilding

using......

DVD-RB V.27
CCE 2.67 trial
OS WinXp

This error did not occur with the .26 version.
Good comment. It may help point to the specific area, because I know exactly what I changed in this area... Did the .26 version work without problems?
Old 30th March 2004, 20:00   #517  |  Link
jdobbs

Re: makes no sense...

Quote:
@jdobbs:

I ran a test with the following setup:

- DVD Rebuilder 0.27
- EclCCE (latest version)
- CCE SP Trial ;-) 2.67
- Big Lebowski NTSC (7.90GB) 1:1 nothing stripped.

When doing this backup on 2 passes, everything went really smooth. After that I decided to try 7 passes to compensate for the really large size. It did not go as well, my computer did an auto reboot.

Now, I cannot say if it is DVD Rebuilders problem or not. I am doing a 7 pass with same setup but using CCE SP 2.50 and will see how that goes (23% and going). I will also try 7 pass using CCE SP 2.67 again to see if the reboot is consistent.

But so far, I have tried 7 pass 2 times, on 2 different movies that I own and both times computer rebooted when left running over night.

By the way, I will comfirm that the "minimize CCE" option does not work when running through EclCCE as you said.

I will post more once this test goes through, I highly doubt that it is a hardware problem, the system seems to be running fine.

It also might just be my version of CCE SP 2.67, so do not look into this one right away.
First I'd recommend (and have said before) that there is never a good reason to do more than 4 passes -- but since no one wanted to listen to that and apparently had a lot of spare computing time; I added the additional passes as an option.

I'm going way back here -- but I seem to recall a memory leak error that existed in 2.50... how much memory does your system have?
Old 30th March 2004, 20:01   #518  |  Link
huesage

@r6d2

I guess more is not always better, where can we talk about number of passes? this thread is not really for that.

Please get in touch with me as I am interested in learning more about the topic.

Thank you.
Old 30th March 2004, 20:17   #519  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Quote:
I guess more is not always better, where can we talk about number of passes? this thread is not really for that.
Last off-topic comment:

Well, almost every guide on this site can confirm my statement. Some may be a little outdated, of course, but you can take a look at the guide on my sig for a whole picture on why 1 well done pass is good enough (although defying the laws of physics).

About your problem, IIRC and as jddobs pointed out, some CCE versions had memory leak problems and that is more noticeable when heavy multipassing. You may try to see in task manager if swap space constantly grows with each pass.
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 20:20   #520  |  Link
chadp1a

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
Good comment. It may help point to the specific area, because I know exactly what I changed in this area... Did the .26 version work without problems?

yes. the .26 version worked flawlessly other than a 10 second still picture that pulsated very little.
chadp1a is offline   Reply With Quote