Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st September 2011, 00:15   #1  |  Link
theEggplant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Plantdirect Runtime Error on a specific project.

Having issues making a DDP image from a fitness DVD I just completed in Scenarist SD Version 3.31:

Project Items:
Dual Layer DVD (OTP)
Single VTS
- Static TIF Menu w/ 20 buttons
- 10 Titles / 5 chapters per title
Client wants CSS as per the last DVD authored (authored in Creator for Mac).

Preview:
Ran it through preview, looks good.
Rendered checkdisc, looks good.

The problem:
Emptied mux folder, applied 2054 (partial) and re-mux successfully.

Plantdirect Image - Fails with a C++ Runtime Error right as soon as it is about to write the DDP image.

I've tried moving the layer break, it's currently set at
3.97 GB for layer 0 and 3.86 GB for layer 1 (97%/94%). Scenarist reports total size is 8.20 GB (330 GB free).

Layout:
Firstplay -> VM Copyright Warning -> VM Aspect 4:3 Recommendation to viewer -> VTS 1 Main Menu

First cell of each title has PREV PGC UOP checked. Additional Cell at the end of each title (about 15 frames before the end) as a NEXT PGC UOP checked. (to prevent skipping between titles)

Each title from the scenario window has Title Play UOP Checked, including the warnings in the video manager. (also to prevent skipping between titles)

I started to think the software or runtime library was corrupt, so I pulled out a different DVD9 project, remuxed it and successfully completed the DDP image 2054 (partial).

I am at a total loss as to what it could be.

I've even removed one title completely from the scenario thinking it is the percentage allocated to each layer. Still no go after the successful mux.

SOLVED:
The DDP image could not be created due to the location of the mux folder. After moving the multiplex folder to the root of my hard disk and re-muxing everything the DDP image created successfully. Either the hierarchy of folders is too many or the root folder holding all the assets has a name which is too long. Still hunting out the appropriate answer, but at least it's solved.

Last edited by theEggplant; 1st September 2011 at 18:58.
theEggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
css, ddp image, plantdirect, runtime error, scenarist

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.