Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 29th August 2014, 06:33   #1  |  Link
asarian

x264 frame viewer?

Can someone recommend me tool to view *lossless* x264 encoded frame info? Adobe Premiere can't handle it, Windows Media Player trips on it. And I need to skip a corrupted frame, so I need to see the movie and get the frame number, for avisynth.

Thx.

EDIT: DGIndexNV immediately comes with an access violation too. Only the GOM player can actually play those files, so far, but it has no frame-info support.

Last edited by asarian; 29th August 2014 at 07:52.
asarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 09:44   #2  |  Link
asarian

Nevermind. Adding .ShowFrameNumber() did the trick. Not pretty, but it works for what I needed.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:46   #3  |  Link
nhakobian

You can always load an avisynth script into VirtualDub or AvsP and it will give you frame information. Just make sure that you are using a frame accurate source filter in the avisynth (so no DirectShowSource).
nhakobian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 17:01   #4  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhakobian View Post
You can always load an avisynth script into VirtualDub or AvsP and it will give you frame information. Just make sure that you are using a frame accurate source filter in the avisynth (so no DirectShowSource).
Yeah, the problem was the lossless H264 stream, which, it seems, very few programs actually support (not truly surprising, actually, at it just serves as an intermediate format to begin with).

Since x264 can, naturally, take its own lossless output again for input, I could append ShowFrameNumber() to the re-sourced stream, and show it, after all.