Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 26th May 2019, 18:19   #501  |  Link
Dimsok

When i save chapter from database, it asked fro the name of xml or txt file. Can you make to save by default with name of tabs? For example "jaws.xml".
https://i.imgur.com/vzAuk26.jpg
Dimsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 18:26   #502  |  Link
Dimsok

And can you add option to database download and save to xml, txt files from one click (without put it to the "Matroska", "Ogg" tabs (better with option to save to specified folder, changed in settings). That needs for fast downloading chapter files and then add to video files with batch.
Maybe a button here:
https://i.imgur.com/sLZw9jL.jpg

Last edited by Dimsok; 26th May 2019 at 18:35.
Old 26th May 2019, 18:39   #503  |  Link
Dimsok

By the way what the button "Download tags file" should do? Nothing happens when i try it.
Old 26th May 2019, 18:45   #504  |  Link
Dimsok

And as a wish to show duration/fps of loaded video to select corrected chapter files. Maybe here: https://i.imgur.com/gKzOBj1.jpg
Old 26th May 2019, 19:01   #505  |  Link
Dimsok

Hm. don't understand how to use it with mp4. It says, file has successfully loaded, then what? How can i save it? And it shouldn't to show chapters from mp4? I load mp4 with chapters, and can't see any.
Old 26th May 2019, 19:12   #506  |  Link
Dimsok

Maybe because my mkvtoolnix does't support that format? Last working on win xp (10.0.0)
Old 26th May 2019, 19:49   #507  |  Link
Dimsok

And why with every start program i should activate tags profiles?
Old 26th May 2019, 20:51   #508  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
When i save chapter from database, it asked fro the name of xml or txt file. Can you make to save by default with name of tabs? For example "jaws.xml".
https://i.imgur.com/vzAuk26.jpg
OK, sounds like a good improvement, I will check this.

Quote:
And can you add option to database download and save to xml, txt files from one click (without put it to the "Matroska", "Ogg" tabs (better with option to save to specified folder, changed in settings).
Maybe a button here:
https://i.imgur.com/sLZw9jL.jpg
OK, I will think about it.
The place you suggested is not possible, because if the cE form is minimal, the button is than not visible. Maybe with a right-click option for the download buttons.

Quote:
By the way what the button "Download tags file" should do? Nothing happens when i try it.
The button does what it says, it downloads a Tags.xml file if it exists. 99,9% of the movies don't have such Tags file. A Tags file is necessary for multi edition mkv's (only with Tags you can set a name for an edition). My uploaded movies have such a Tags file, though the edition names are in german.

Quote:
And as a wish to show duration/fps of loaded video to select corrected chapter files. Maybe here: https://i.imgur.com/gKzOBj1.jpg
The duration of videos is used for some functions and could be displayed, but not in the cE status bar.
To get info about FPS of a video I need an external tool like MediaInfo, but I have no time and plans to do this in the near future.

Quote:
Hm. don't understand how to use it with mp4. It says, file has successfully loaded, then what? How can i save it? And it shouldn't to show chapters from mp4? I load mp4 with chapters, and can't see any.
Maybe because my mkvtoolnix does't support that format? Last working on win xp (10.0.0)
cE can use some older MKVToolNix(MTX) versions but not for all cases and I'm sure, mp4 chapter support was not so good.
You should use latest MTX version ever. I guess it should work also on WinXP, but not the GUI. cE needs the commandline exe files only.

EDIT:
Note that you can read chapters from mp4 files only. No chapter saving to mp4 files.

Quote:
And why with every start program i should activate tags profiles?
Activate Tags profiles is necessary to check if the user has changed the content of the profile folder manually.

Last edited by hubblec4; 27th May 2019 at 12:49.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 22:13   #509  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi vertigo220

I have tried to figure out the issue, but all seems to be fine. Chapter times are all correct.
After thinking a while I have an idea. I guess you mux all streams directly, but MKVToolNix handles seamless branching material not correctly. Problem is the audio with identical frames.

When I create a multi mkv from a BD, I demux always the audio streams with eac3to, this solves this issue(problem can't be solved with some E-AC-3 streams, eac3to bug).

How long plays the wrong content?

I can't reproduce the issue without the "full" BD. Maybe I find a solution to share BD content in a "full" way without to transmit the entire data.

Last edited by hubblec4; 27th May 2019 at 12:51.
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:53   #510  |  Link
peyace

Hello. I have a bug report and a feature request.

I was previously running the beta version that introduced the search immediately check box. Yesterday I upgraded to 1.16 and on that version I am having an issue where if I download and save a chapter file from the database, I cannot save a second one without closing and reopening the program. So basically I search the database, click download chapter file, then save as, and save the file. Then I click on Database, download chapter file, save as and nothing happens. I downloaded 1.15 and the problem went away.

Regarding the feature request, would it be possible to get the ability to sort the database search results by duration? Or maybe you can now but I don't know how.

Thank you.
peyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2019, 20:03   #511  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi peyace,
and welcome to Doom9 forum.

Thanks for your report. I found this issue for some days and it is fixed for next rev of cE. I have made an issue with loading of the editor tab after downloading chapters in rev1.16.
You can use rev1.15 or you can deactivate the automatic to change the editor tab after downloading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyace View Post
Regarding the feature request, would it be possible to get the ability to sort the database search results by duration? Or maybe you can now but I don't know how.
At the moment exists no user ability to change the sort. I will think about it. Maybe other users want sort for other values.

Last edited by hubblec4; 3rd June 2019 at 20:05.
Old 6th June 2019, 01:58   #512  |  Link
vertigo220

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
Hi vertigo220

I have tried to figure out the issue, but all seems to be fine. Chapter times are all correct.
After thinking a while I have an idea. I guess you mux all streams directly, but MKVToolNix handles seamless branching material not correctly. Problem is the audio with identical frames.

When I create a multi mkv from a BD, I demux always the audio streams with eac3to, this solves this issue(problem can't be solved with some E-AC-3 streams, eac3to bug).

How long plays the wrong content?

I can't reproduce the issue without the "full" BD. Maybe I find a solution to share BD content in a "full" way without to transmit the entire data.
Do you mean how long is the bit of video that shouldn't be there? It's 20 frames, so a little less than a second (just found it's also sometimes 7 frames and sometimes 8 -- when I jump to that spot and play it then pause right before and frame advance through, it's 20, but then going back and forth again frame-by-frame it's less, usually 7 but sometimes 8...weird). That's in PotPlayer. I tested in MPC-HC and it was 14 frames and then 4-5. So same thing, just ~2/3 as many. Very bizarre. If you mean the length of the whole video, it's 1:37:39 (TC - theatrical cut) and 1:41:11 (EC - extended cut), at least that's what the player shows. That is strange, though, since it's only on whichever edition is second in an MKV, but the length is the same as it is when that edition is the first one. That is, I have two files, one with TC first and EC second, and one with EC first and TC second. Even though the EC has that extra 20 frames in the first file, its length is the same as in the second file, without the error. Even the total number of frames is reported as the same. So either the player isn't seeing that extra length for some reason, or it's not extra but rather replacing what should be there. But if I go frame-by-frame through it, the frame right after the erroneous content displays is the same as the next frame in the normal version (without the interjected content), so it's definitely added in addition to, and not replacing, content at least right there. Doesn't really make sense. I'll have to take a closer look to see if I can figure out what's going on there.

How would I go about demuxing with eac3to? I have it, and have used it a couple times, so I'm vaguely familiar with it, but at what step in the process would I do it and how exactly would I go about it?
vertigo220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 12:00   #513  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi vertigo220

It sounds more and more the issue with the identical audio frames, which can not be skipped by MKVToolNix.
To use eac3to you have to set the path in cE settings. And then you can edit tracks like demuxing or convert to other format.
All what you have to do is, demux the audio stream. cE add this new stream to the list automatically. Don't use the audio stream from the BD directly.

eac3to is used internal and you don't need a commandline or script or something else.

EDIT:
The move is split in many m2ts files and maybe each file has an identical audio frame(or two or three).
The durations for EC and TC will be ever fine because the ordered chapters are OK and a player calculate the duration of the sum of all chapter durations. But the chapters marks don't match with the correct video frame because there are duplicated audio frames.

I have started to code a DiscShare tool, and if all works it should be easy to share your BD with others(me).

Last edited by hubblec4; 6th June 2019 at 12:21.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:55   #514  |  Link
peyace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
At the moment exists no user ability to change the sort. I will think about it. Maybe other users want sort for other values.
I would suspect that the only other field that people may find relevant would be number of chapters. The reason I asked is because with some movie titles it's easier to search for a partial name which gives a lot more results so the ability to sort by duration would let you narrow down what you are looking for.

As an example, searching for LotR1 yields "Lord of the Rings" "Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring" "Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings" "Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring" and "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" with other movies intermixed.

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 10th June 2019, 15:04   #515  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.17 is available.
Windows
Linux

A little update with a new feature and a fix for the chapter database editor.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.17 2019-06-10
// chapterEditor
& Save in the new webm formats (missing)
   - .webma, .webmv (Chapters and Tags)

& Tab name as the default filename for the "Save as" dialog
   - Chapters: Matroska, OGG/OGM, multiAVCHD
   - Matroska Tags

// Matroska Chapters
& Copy all chapters names of a tab
   - TreeView popup menu
   - Copy button in the Control Bar: Left(copy) or Right(Paste) Click + ALT

// Chapter Database
* Switch to the corresponding tab after... did not work anymore

Last edited by hubblec4; 11th June 2019 at 14:07.
Old 10th June 2019, 19:40   #516  |  Link
peyace

I can confirm the saving bug I mentioned previously is fixed in v17. Thanks!

This is probably not really a bug as it's easy to work around but I noticed on titles that have a : in the name when you go to save them Windows won't allow you to save it since : isn't a valid character in a file name. Easily fixed by removing the : in the save as box.
Old 11th June 2019, 00:35   #517  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
I can confirm the saving bug I mentioned previously is fixed in v17. Thanks!
Good to know, thanks.

Quote:
This is probably not really a bug as it's easy to work around but I noticed on titles that have a : in the name when you go to save them Windows won't allow you to save it since : isn't a valid character in a file name. Easily fixed by removing the : in the save as box.
Oopps, you are right I forgot to filter the strings against the file rules. Sorry.

When such an invalid char is found what is the best way? Replace by a char like "_" or simple remove?

Last edited by hubblec4; 12th June 2019 at 17:56.
Old 21st July 2019, 15:10   #518  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.18 is available.
Windows
Linux

There are two new functions for the chapter database.
Downloading the XML chapter file directly to a predefined folder (not for OGG / OGM)
and sort sorting for 4 columns.

Sorting simply starts a new SQL query.
You have to enter a title and then you can click on a column header to start the modified search.
Only a left-click sorted ascending, other mouse clicks sort descending.
A left-click in combination with a key (CTRL ALT SHIFT) also sorts in descending order.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.18 2019-07-21
// chapterEditor
# Tabname as default filename for "Save as" dialog
  - Illegal file characters are removed

// Chapter Database
& Download files to folder (XML chapters only)
   - predefined folder in the settings
   - Tags file will be downloaded if the appropriate option is enabled
   - the filename is the title and the episode name(if available) -> "Title - Episode.xml" or "Title - Episode_Tags.xml"
   - it can be checked if the chapter file already exists (tags file is always overwritten)

& a kind of "Sort" -> sorting when searching for specific columns
   - Columns: Duration, Chapters, FPS, Downloads -> click on the column header starts the search
   - Left-click sorted ascended
   - all other mouse clicks and / or in combination with keyboard keys sorted descending

// Matroska Tags
& automatically enable Tags Profiles (settings)
Old 24th July 2019, 08:42   #519  |  Link
Dimsok

I have a few thoughts about cmd part.

If gui was focused on chapters, ceMTTags open it focused on mkv tags and vice versa (add some key (something like ceMCHAP) for open it focused on chapters). And for what purpose there are -l key? Can't see any differences with or without it.

And another thing to improve - can you make not create new window of gui, if program started already? Why new window, if it has tabs. More convenient open new files in new tabs.
Old 24th July 2019, 23:16   #520  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
If gui was focused on chapters, ceMTTags open it focused on mkv tags and vice versa (add some key (something like ceMCHAP) for open it focused on chapters). And for what purpose there are -l key? Can't see any differences with or without it.

ceMCHAP is not a valid term. For chapter editors you can use ceMatroska, ceOGG, ceAVCHD, ceConverter.
The -l switch is for loading a specific editor of cE, maybe in future is there a new feature which needs another "activation" switch. I had not tested a cli without "-l".
If you load only a file than the last used editor is opened.

Quote:
And another thing to improve - can you make not create new window of gui, if program started already? Why new window, if it has tabs. More convenient open new files in new tabs.
Yes I could add such an option.

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag