Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 21st February 2019, 16:43   #441  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
I have started to implement this feature. My idea is a simple popup menu where you can select the values you like to change/not change.
That's superb then, quick and easy to use.

Quote:
Yes that makes also sense to display the TargetTypeValue in the Treeview.
Thank you for considering.

Quote:
The XML-Element column can be hide and therefore I prefer the TargetType/TagName column. For example: ALBUM (50)
The TargetType/TagName column is good for me as well.

And, still so far so good testing and using here. Thanks again.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 00:48   #442  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Wakaku

Here is the next test rev of cE.

The TargetTypeValue is now shown in the Treeview.
An option to select specific Tag values to apply a Tags profile is available. Right click on the Apply button.
All options are set to true expect the target UIDs. If you need another initialization to avoid superfluous mouse clicks, then let me know.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 12:43   #443  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Save-reopen profiles

Here is my test/remarks about saving and re-opening profiles. Thanks.

my-test-about-profile-01.7z
Old 28th February 2019, 14:05   #444  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Thanks for testing.

Matroska specs says that a SimpleTag element is mandatory. In my old cE Tags editor was it not possible to delete the last existing SimpleTag(you could delete instead the entire Tag).
A Tag without a SimpleTag is not allowed and maybe mkvmerge can't read such xml files.
Should I add this old behavior?
Old 28th February 2019, 16:40   #445  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Firstly, thank you for implementing the co-occuring display of the TargetTypeValue numbers in both the right pane and the tree view.pane. I missed to do so in my post earlier above and you beat me to it
Quote:
Matroska specs says that a SimpleTag element is mandatory. In my old cE Tags editor was it not possible to delete the last existing SimpleTag(you could delete instead the entire Tag). A Tag without a SimpleTag is not allowed and maybe mkvmerge can't read such xml files. Should I add this old behavior?
For my reply, I most probably need to make screenshots to explain better I'll update this post with a 7-Zip archive as usual.

UPDATE Mar. 1, 2019:
my-reply-01.7z

Last edited by Wakaku; 28th February 2019 at 20:53.
Old 1st March 2019, 01:15   #446  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

When you add a new profile, the current tab is saved as xml-file to the profiles folder. But the Tags data class is copied to the profile list and so is it possible to use it like you do.
But cE can't save xml-files without a SimpleTag element and MKVToolNix can't read such files.
It is easier to work in cE when is possible to remove/move all SimpleTag elements but cE skips all Tag elements which have no SimpleTag, to make sure the saved xml file corresponds to the Matroska specs (and XML specs, only one root node).

Don't delete the last SimpleTag, add as new profile, and when you Apply it to another tab, then disable before the SimpleTag value option in the new "Use Tag values" feature. Right click on the Apply button.
Old 1st March 2019, 08:17   #447  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Yeah, I forgot about the additional right-click option for the Apply button. I do know about it beforehand because I read about it in your earlier post where you put the link for the latest test version too. In fact I even tried to right-click it before and I saw the default checked checkboxes. And so, I now re-created my desired profile similar to the one I have in my 7Z above, I ticked/unticked the checkboxes and left behind an empty SimpleTag for every Target as you have hinted, and then I had some quite interesting results, or perhaps even say somewhat irregular results. I can't explain really, I'll just keep playing with it. Thanks for this!

And maybe it is just me, since a little far back I overlooked the yellow fave button and the blue clapper play button after all. Though the other Users might overlook the hidden right-click options in the Apply button too themselves, even though such is already declared in writing (such as in this thread, perhaps in the upcoming change_xxx.txt too) and of course the hint at the status bar. Is the Apply button so far the only button which have a hidden right-click option in cE? I think it's the first ever in cE.

It's quite uncommon for programs to have extra options by right-clicking the buttons. One app I know that uses such functionality almost in every of its buttons is the LightAlloy media player. So perhaps a future, simple update to the green icon of the Apply button? Perhaps a small, top-view mouse icon placed at the top-right of the current Apply icon (with the mouse's right button colored differently, say if the mouse icon is grayish then the right button is reddish, or maybe just a small, simple down arrow).

Speaking of icons, I remember very far back (I think I used the very first released version of cE before the major GUI overhaul) that cE was (still is) one of the most icon-heavy apps I use. Back then I also used Opera (of defunct Presto engine) as long as I could after it got abandoned, and then Firefox which both used colorful icons in their older versions. Love the icons BTW.

Last edited by Wakaku; 1st March 2019 at 08:22.
Old 1st March 2019, 15:00   #448  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post
...and then I had some quite interesting results, or perhaps even say somewhat irregular results. I can't explain really, I'll just keep playing with it....
In my short tests was all fine, but you are the better tester then me.

Quote:
Though the other Users might overlook the hidden right-click options in the Apply button too themselves, even though such is already declared in writing (such as in this thread, perhaps in the upcoming change_xxx.txt too) and of course the hint at the status bar. Is the Apply button so far the only button which have a hidden right-click option in cE? I think it's the first ever in cE.
Yes it is the first button with a right-click option list (it is not a popup menu). In cE exists many buttons with a right-/middle click function
and many other components with a right click popup menu(Treeview's, Page control etc.). Do you think an extra button would be better?

Quote:
It's quite uncommon for programs to have extra options by right-clicking the buttons. One app I know that uses such functionality almost in every of its buttons is the LightAlloy media player. So perhaps a future, simple update to the green icon of the Apply button? Perhaps a small, top-view mouse icon placed at the top-right of the current Apply icon (with the mouse's right button colored differently, say if the mouse icon is grayish then the right button is reddish, or maybe just a small, simple down arrow).
I'm not an expert to manipulate icons and a button can have one icon only. Maybe is a "small star" placed to button caption enough to signal for an extra option. Button: Apply*

Quote:
Speaking of icons, I remember very far back (I think I used the very first released version of cE before the major GUI overhaul) that cE was (still is) one of the most icon-heavy apps I use. Back then I also used Opera (of defunct Presto engine) as long as I could after it got abandoned, and then Firefox which both used colorful icons in their older versions. Love the icons BTW.
I also like colored icon buttons, it is easier for the people brains to remember a color then a text-string. But not every body like this.
Old 1st March 2019, 17:23   #449  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Do you think an extra button would be better?

Maybe is a "small star" placed to button caption enough to signal for an extra option. Button: Apply*
An extra button would serve the purpose, but perhaps a more appropriate one could be potentially available. For example, in Windows 7's Windows Explorer itself, there are single buttons which can contain both the text label and a small black down arrow/triangle (perhaps implying a drop-down menu).

Open Windows Explorer. Left-click the C drive at the left navigation pane (tree view). Below the address bar is the File Menu bar, then another bar (which is not existent in Windows XP's own Windows Explorer). At the far, rightmost, it should now contain the Change View icon (but no text label, just the icon) which apparently has dual functionality.

Left-clicking the icon will toggle the File pane (the right pane) view from say Extra large icons, to Large icons, to Details, etc. When the mouse hovers to this part of the icon, the ToolTip is "Change your view."

Now the right part of this same button is the small black down arrow/triangle. When the mouse is hovered, the ToolTip is "More options". Left-clicking it will open up a slider.

This button is apparently a single unit but have dual functionality (though NOT a right-click one which we have in cE's Apply). The User will never mistook the button as a one-function button because of its accompanying small black down arrow/triangle.

Maybe there is a close counterpart in Lazarus, especially in the newer/latest versions? Though an entirely different thing, I remember combo boxes (well, correct me if I'm wrong here), which is a single unit or say object that have both an input field and a drop-down menu.

And speaking of ToolTip... why does cE not have such in it? The ToolTip could potentially also inform the User about the hidden right-click list. Does Lazarus support the putting of ToolTips? Well, part of me says, it is just not yet implemented for now.

Anyway, I think your idea of Apply* would be enough for now. Quick and easy to implement. Yeah, the asterisk sign (*) is a safe choice for now because it is found in all keyboards after all. I bet the asterisk sign would make the other Users curious about the button.

Last edited by Wakaku; 1st March 2019 at 17:56.
Old 1st March 2019, 19:06   #450  |  Link
Dimsok

Command line version doesn't work with database? I try to use the same account, which work with gui, but it says password or account is wrong.

Can you add support chapters in mp4 file with help of gpac (mp4box)?
Dimsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2019, 22:22   #451  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
An extra button would serve the purpose, but perhaps a more appropriate one could be potentially available. For example, in Windows 7's Windows Explorer itself, there are single buttons which can contain both the text label and a small black down arrow/triangle (perhaps implying a drop-down menu).

Open Windows Explorer. ...

This button is apparently a single unit but have dual functionality (though NOT a right-click one which we have in cE's Apply). The User will never mistook the button as a one-function button because of its accompanying small black down arrow/triangle.

Maybe there is a close counterpart in Lazarus, especially in the newer/latest versions?
Yes I know which button you mean but I don't know if there is a component in Lazarus. Sure not in the standard installation but maybe in the online package database.

Quote:
Though an entirely different thing, I remember combo boxes (well, correct me if I'm wrong here), which is a single unit or say object that have both an input field and a drop-down menu.
A Combo box is a single unit but has two separate objects inside. An edit field and a drop down list(not a menu).
I use a ComboboxEx object for the Apply button right-click option, because it is the only list which I can reopen (with source code, not a user action)while closing without issues.

Quote:
And speaking of ToolTip... why does cE not have such in it? The ToolTip could potentially also inform the User about the hidden right-click list. Does Lazarus support the putting of ToolTips? Well, part of me says, it is just not yet implemented for now.
Lazarus supported ToolTips and it exists one in cE (settings Matroska Menu: label-> Series prefix mask). The reason is I don't like the behavior of ToolTips.
All ToolTips(Help) are displayed in cE's Statusbar.

Quote:
Anyway, I think your idea of Apply* would be enough for now. Quick and easy to implement. Yeah, the asterisk sign (*) is a safe choice for now because it is found in all keyboards after all. I bet the asterisk sign would make the other Users curious about the button.
OK, but maybe I add an extra button.
Old 1st March 2019, 22:42   #452  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Dimsok and welcome to Doom9 forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
Command line version doesn't work with database? I try to use the same account, which work with gui, but it says password or account is wrong.
cE_CLI uses an old chapter database which is not my own sql database and all new accounts (created with cE1.xx) do not working with this old database.
You can make a new account with an older cE version(0.51).
I can not say how long this database will work.

Quote:
Can you add support chapters in mp4 file with help of gpac (mp4box)?
Yes, this is on my TODO list but I want to write my own mp4 parser.
I had asked Mosu for helping and he gave me a lot info(links, samples etc.),
after some days of study I saw this could be a little bit more work then expected. Then I tried mp4box(and another mp4 cli tool) and the issue is, not all of the samples was correct handled.

The current plan is to use mkvmerge as mp4 parser because it is the best :-)

Last edited by hubblec4; 1st March 2019 at 23:05.
Old 2nd March 2019, 00:00   #453  |  Link
Dimsok

Quote:
Hi Dimsok and welcome to Doom9 forum.
Thanks.
Can you add option to load chapters from database to ogg/ogm tab, not only to matroska. Or to converter - i need option for quick save it in that format.
Old 2nd March 2019, 00:52   #454  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Thanks.
Can you add option to load chapters from database to ogg/ogm tab, ...
It should be possible, but the database is designed for Matroska Chapters and you will lost data. I guess you are interested in simple start timestamps only.

I will think about it.
Old 2nd March 2019, 15:11   #455  |  Link
Dimsok

And about searching in db. Is it autosearch anything what i put in "title" input? I try to type title and it hang for some time (for multiple search as i guess). Can you make, that i just type full title then press "enter" for example to search it?
Old 2nd March 2019, 21:27   #456  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Can you make, that i just type full title then press "enter" for example to search it?
Yes this is indeed not optimal, I will implement your suggestion.
Old 2nd March 2019, 23:25   #457  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
...to ogg/ogm tab, ...i need option for quick save it in that format.
Why do you use ogg/ogm? What is your final container format? mkv?
Old 3rd March 2019, 07:54   #458  |  Link
Dimsok

Ogg is for mp4 (to mux it with mp4box. It doesn't work with xml).
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:21   #459  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

OK, I understand. And cE should also be able to mux ogg chapters to mp4 files(using a cli tool).
Old 4th March 2019, 00:47   #460  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.14 is available.
Windows
Linux

A major update for the Matroska Tags editor.
Matroska Tags Profiles are now available, much like the Disc Title Profiles.
The Tags tabs are saved as a profile and can be applied to other Tags/tabs.
The profiles are normal Matroska XML files and are stored in a folder.
The default folder is located in subfolders in the cE data folder and can be changed in the settings.
For changing, the folder button must be used, or in the edit field with ENTER also the folder dialog is opened.

In the specified folder already existing Tags.xml files can be copied and
cE then reads these automatically as new profiles at the next start.

To apply a profile, there are other options that use/do not use specific Tag values.
With a right click on the button Apply a selection list opens.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.14 2019-03-03
// chapterEditor
& Whether the cE-form was "normal" is now stored in the ini-file

// Matroska Tags
& Tags Profiles
  - Apply: more options(button right click) for using specific Tag values
  - Append: Append profile to existing Tags/tabs
  - Profiles folder: the default folder is located in the cE.Data sub-folders, changeable in the settings
  - the profile name is also the file name and must be unique
  - Action range: Profiles can be applied to all tabs
  - Double-click to apply a profile
  - adjustable hotkeys for the Treeview and the edit field(name)

& new Hotkeys for Tags Treeview (settings)
  - Open profiles (CTRL + Y)
  - Apply last used profile (Y)
  - Append last used profile (SHIFT + Y)

& Action range for all Targets values
  - applicable to all tabs
  - also for target-UIDs (add, edit, delete, clear)

& Action range for Tags
  - for now only one option: All Tags
  - applicable to all tabs

& Consolidate all SimpleTag in the first Tag
  - Tag count, limits the number of used Tag's, "0" means all Tag's
  - Hotkey for the TreeView init: SHIFT + C

& the value for TargetTypeValue is displayed in the treeview (if used)

* TagUID type was initiated incorrectly
  - if the type was not changed, TagTrackUID was always used

* In very rare cases cE crashed at the tab change

* The settings for an XML element were not loaded after pasting a copied/cut element into another tab/treeview

# Change the value for TargetTypeValue: in the editor and in the settings
  - the value for TargetType is no longer changed if "are not using" is selected

% rearranged a few components

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag