Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2006, 16:32   #421  |  Link
travisbell

buzzqw:

What are the difference between the "quick" and regular WMV profiles?
Old 5th December 2006, 16:58   #422  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

video codec: normal profiles use wvc1, quick uses wmv9
audio codec: normal profiles use wma pro, quick uses wma standard

on quick profile:
lookahead is disabled (Sets the number of frames to evaluate ahead for rate control optimization)
only 2 bframes used as reference
dquantoption (Specifies the type of frames to apply dquant perceptual optimization to) is disabled
loopfilter (controls the in-loop deblocking filter) is disabled
mvcost (Specifies the motion vector cost method ) is fixed

on standard profile:
lookahead is at 8
3 bframes used as reference
dquantoption is applyed to I and P frames
loopfilter is active
mvcost is dinamic

thats all folks

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 5th December 2006, 17:31   #423  |  Link
travisbell

Thanks man! Perfect.

About the WMA 5.1 stuff, I too have had trouble in the past with it... a lot of it seems to come down to your codec setup.

On a side, possibly helpful note, I know with WME Assistant you have to follow this:

http://galaxies3000.blogspot.com/200...-encode-5.html

Cheers!
Old 5th December 2006, 20:39   #424  |  Link
sjchmura

5.1 will NOT work with AC3filter if you have the Dolby digital live encoding set (output SPDIF). I am having a hell of a time getting it to work.

Can I suggest... is could we specifiy in a script or somewhere WHICH DS filter is used for audio.... that we if we have say NERO set to 6 channel output as a secondaty filter audomkv will use that (like ProCoder does)

Last edited by sjchmura; 7th December 2006 at 00:09.
Old 7th December 2006, 15:41   #425  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

NEW FULL PACKAGE www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV062.rar

FIXED: command line use (broken with 0.52b)
FIXED: Muxing into mp4
FIXED: some bugs on temp locked (not all locks is fixed)
ADDED: When save settings is clicked (and input source is valorized) automkv will memorize latest directory of input
ADDED: Save Settings now save custom matrix selected
ADDED: Support to WVC1 (Microsoft VC1 implementation, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...dsettings.aspx)
reference: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=112634 )
troubleshotting install support thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=118996
profile support thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=119084
ADDED: support for WMV8 (much quicker, a good tradeoff between quality and speed, more tuned for speed)
UPDATE: TIVTC to rc10, this will fix all bautodeint issue
UPDATE: WMV Profile to 1.3

NOTE: while i have added support for 5.1ch on wmv i cannot test it since it always crash... sorry. i hope for input

Happy Encoding

BHH

EDIT: update to 0.62a removed framerate from cmd of wmv ... could cause problem with ivtc files http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV062a.exe

Last edited by buzzqw; 7th December 2006 at 17:12.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:33   #426  |  Link
glynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
NEW FULL PACKAGE
ADDED: When save settings is clicked (and input source is valorized) automkv will memorize latest directory of input
ADDED: Save Settings now save custom matrix selected
Thank you!!! This works great.

I also noted that the final file is now moved properly regardless of the output name (perhaps this was due to the temp file locking issues you fixed). Either way... Looking good so far.

One small caveat... The very first time I used this build, it crashed (AutoMKV errored and closed) just as the BAutoDeint.exe process started. I have not been able to reproduce the error with identical settings thus far though so...
Old 7th December 2006, 17:57   #427  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Well that's a relief That said, I don't know if there are any tools that allow for the muxing of "elementary" .M4V or .CMP streams into AVI... But (selfishly) - I'm not really bothered.... .AVI has had it's time!
I've just remembered that it is possible to use MP4Box to de-mux MPEG-4 Part-2 (video only) streams from the .MP4 container directly into the .AVI container...

Thus providing the more elegant opportunity of configuring AutoMKV to encode RAW MPEG-4 .M4V streams directly into the .MP4 container first, instead of into .AVI and then into .MP4

Cheers
Old 7th December 2006, 18:19   #428  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Quick reminder to move and put neroAacEnc.exe in your BeSweet directory if you create a new directory for version 62. I always forget to do this.
Old 7th December 2006, 19:01   #429  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
i've just remembered that it is possible to use MP4Box to de-mux MPEG-4 Part-2 (video only) streams from the .MP4 container directly into the .AVI container...
The official build of xvid_encraw that i am now using, not the squid_80 that seems to crash often... on my pc too, doesn't has the mp4 output... just avi and mkv

at now i will not return to squid80 build's, but if mp4 output will be official integrated i will be glad to encode xvid directly into mp4

BHH
Old 7th December 2006, 19:20   #430  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
The official build of xvid_encraw that i am now using, not the squid_80 that seems to crash often... on my pc too, doesn't has the mp4 output... just avi and mkv
Don't all xvid_encraw builds output raw/elementary MPEG-4.M4V streams?

If so, these raw/elementary MPEG-4.M4V streams can be muxed into the MP4 container using MP4Box.

By-the-way..... It's also possible to mux MP3 audio streams into the MP4 container using MP4Box too
Old 7th December 2006, 19:38   #431  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Don't all xvid_encraw builds output raw/elementary MPEG-4.M4V streams?
If so, these raw/elementary MPEG-4.M4V streams can be muxed into the MP4 container using MP4Box.
that's a good point (but... anyway... since this thread isn't the usual wfv Vs xxx ... i will look at this implementation and if i found any advantages over avi into mp4 Vs m4v into mp4 it will be supported)

Quote:
By-the-way..... It's also possible to mux MP3 audio streams into the MP4 container using MP4Box too
i know... and automkv too.. is allowed to select xvid into mp4 with mp3 audio...

BHH
Old 8th December 2006, 08:57   #432  |  Link
Barleyman

I found a few issues on my 1st try with 0.62 (and automkv in general) ..

I made a 100MB test file from a DVD-rip with Project-X for playing around. I'm trying to make original resolution anamorphic XVID out of it (without black bars)

Some issues:
  1. ProjectX makes "m2p"-files which are just regular mpeg2. AutoMKV chokes on these.
  2. ProjectX also likes to add [] to the filenames. Ditto.
  3. If I set no resize and un-tick the "use CFR"-line in advanced setup, DGindex stays open and doesn't do anything.
  4. Building CQ XVID for AVI (Q=3) yields expected results. Building CQ XVID for MKV yields really really crummy quality (22MB vs 3.5MB output).

I'll post some logfiles in the evening if necessary..

Some questions/comments -
How does the autocrop function? The MPEG-file is 2.35 aspect ratio so it's 720x576 16/9 file with black bars. Sometimes the autocrop decides to cut the black bars away, sometimes not. I have disabled resizing since I'm trying to make original resolution anamorphic files..

Does the bitrate-line do anything with CQ profile?

What filter (if any) to use for DVD-rips with Q=3 no resize unlimited CQ profile?

If I adjust the profile in the advanced profile view, is the original profile file modified?

This fine product badly needs some guide/docs.. There's piles of docs for various components in the "docs" folder which are just confusing and none of which actually describes automkv? I waded through all 400 messages last night and for example the only place where the xvid profiles are documented is some 5 pages ago in this thread..

I'm actually pretty good at writing docs but obviously I don't know autoMKV well enough to write any user's guide for it (yet)
Old 8th December 2006, 09:28   #433  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

As usual the log files is always needed !

Quote:
I'm trying to make original resolution anamorphic XVID out of it (without black bars)
if so leave resizer to anything but NONE and set width to 720-backbars value (or better leave Automatic in width)

Quote:
ProjectX makes "m2p"-files which are just regular mpeg2. AutoMKV chokes on these.
i doubt that automkv chokes on this mpeg files since the hard work, indexing, (after demuxing) is demanded to Dgindex. And i never found an mpeg2 that can cause dgindex to hang.
Please post a link to a sample of this file.

Quote:
ProjectX also likes to add [] to the filenames. Ditto.
I don't know (never found this issue).... but i think that this brachet are presents even in original file names AND DGinxed gives a special value to these [ ] character.
Again, is true, try with a file name without [ ]

Quote:
If I set no resize and un-tick the "use CFR"-line in advanced setup, DGindex stays open and doesn't do anything.
as before. check file name

Quote:
Building CQ XVID for AVI (Q=3) yields expected results. Building CQ XVID for MKV yields really really crummy quality (22MB vs 3.5MB output).
that's impossible since the encoding part is the same for every container. i think that something goes wrong before.

Quote:
Does the bitrate-line do anything with CQ profile?
no, is totaly ignored

Quote:
What filter (if any) to use for DVD-rips with Q=3 no resize unlimited CQ profile?
i like dctfilter and Hqdn3d

Quote:
If I adjust the profile in the advanced profile view, is the original profile file modified?
should... i must check...

about guides... is is needed i try to work asap...

BHH
Old 8th December 2006, 09:42   #434  |  Link
Barleyman

Quote:
i doubt that automkv chokes on this mpeg files since the hard work, indexing, (after demuxing) is demanded to Dgindex. And i never found an mpeg2 that can cause dgindex to hang.
It's just the filename it objects to! I rename "m2p" to "mpg" and it works just fine.

Quote:
I don't know (never found this issue).... but i think that this brachet are presents even in original file names AND DGinxed gives a special value to these [ ] character.
Again, is true, try with a file name without [ ]
Yup, renaming works. Just reporting the issue.. I'll check the rest of the stuff when I get home (with friday night pub, that might be a while)
Old 8th December 2006, 09:47   #435  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

arghhh i am hating the crf/cq profiles !!!!

the xvid_encraw of Celtic-Druid doesn't include the possibility to build a stats file on single pass bitrate ... this will cause automkv to hung when using CQ mode with Hit Media Size !!!

to fix it do this

update automkv www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV062b.exe
this build fixes also the "use this profile" bugs reported by Barleyman

and THEN PUT xvid_encraw.exe and aviwriter.dll (squid_80 build) into \exe\encoder folder BUT rename the xvid_encraw.exe of squid_80 to xvid_encraw2.exe

sorry.

BHH

EDIT: @Barleyman this build will accept m2p produced by projectX !

EDIT2: full changelog
FIXED: CQ profiles with XviD when hitting Hit Media Size. PUT xvid_encraw.exe and aviwriter.dll (squid_80 build) into \exe\encoder folder BUT rename the xvid_encraw.exe of squid_80 to xvid_encraw2.exe
FIXED: Use this profile will not fuction with XviD profiles
FIXED: ProjectX sometime demux to .m2p not to m2v...

Last edited by buzzqw; 8th December 2006 at 09:56.
Old 8th December 2006, 09:59   #436  |  Link
Barleyman

Quote:
if so leave resizer to anything but NONE and set width to 720-backbars value (or better leave Automatic in width)
That was fast build turnaround!

Now about this cropping.. The DVD video size is 720x576, out of which actual image size is 720x454 (453?).

What's the correct procedure to get 720x454 file (cut/cropped, not scaled)? I need to have a resize filter active to do that? Won't that process the video thru the filter at 1:1 scaling? Is this even possible to do reliably in CQ/single pass profile?

Is it necessary to use manual cropping?
Old 8th December 2006, 10:02   #437  |  Link
Barleyman

Quote:
FIXED: ProjectX sometime demux to .m2p not to m2v...
This happens when I cut advertisements from DVB captures. There's no reason to demux the file and in fact with Finnish DVB audio gets out of sync if I demux. Quickstream fix with videoredo is a necessary step to get in-sync xvid-file..

So the m2p-file is just ordinary mpeg2 Ps-file with video and audio.
Old 8th December 2006, 10:06   #438  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

no need manual cropping.

just set with to 720 and on advanced setting better to check Force ITU Resing and Anamorphic Encoding

Quote:
So the m2p-file is just ordinary mpeg2 Ps-file with video and audio.
i know this... but automkv searched for *.m2v not for *.m2p that's the problem !

is now fixed if you download the new 0.62b (395.776 byte)

BUT why you don't use only dgindex ?

BHH
Old 8th December 2006, 10:11   #439  |  Link
Barleyman

Quote:
BUT why you don't use only dgindex ?
BHH
To do what? Cut ads from DVB captures? I'm used to ProjectX I suppose! I even have bought VideoRedo but I prefer ProjectX cutting interface.

For this test file I just wanted to take 2 minute snippet of a 2.5 hour movie so I can play with settings and see the results in a minute or so. ProjectX seemed to be the right tool for some quick mpeg-cutting
Old 8th December 2006, 10:21   #440  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

automkv will use projectX only to demux... not for cutting or whatelse..

and automkv can use or dgindex or projectX to demux TS streams for own encoding pourpose

BHH
Closed Thread