Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2006, 16:41   #401  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4 View Post
As long as you are adding stuff, can you add the DivX codec?
DivX

Personally I don't like the idea as DivX's encoder is VfW (not command line) based.

At least with XviDEncRAW, MPEG-4 part 2 has the capability of been encoded and muxed correctly into MP4
Old 4th December 2006, 16:55   #402  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Personally I don't like the idea as DivX's encoder is VfW (not command line) based.
me too, and since i don't want to add wfv support (even if wouldn't be so difficult) DivX stay OUT.

Quote:
At least with XviDEncRAW, MPEG-4 part 2 has the capability of been encoded and muxed correctly into MP4
Is preferible encode XviD stream directly into mp4 ? or don't change so much if i encode in avi and then mux mp4/mkv ?

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 4th December 2006, 17:15   #403  |  Link
weaver4

DivX - That was kind of the response that I thought I would get. But I though if you were doing wvc1, you would do anything. Maybe we need a DivX-encraw?

But it was fun.
Old 4th December 2006, 17:18   #404  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
me too, and since i don't want to add wfv support (even if wouldn't be so difficult) DivX stay OUT.
Well that's a relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
Is preferible encode XviD stream directly into mp4 ? or don't change so much if i encode in avi and then mux mp4/mkv ?
Yes....

From what I understand it's prefeable to generate an MPEG-4 Part-2 stream in its "elementary" or "RAW" (.M4V or .CMP) format, prior to muxing directly into MP4. In much the same way an MPEG-4 Part-10 stream is encoded into its "elementary" .h264 format prior to muxing directly into MP4.

That said, I don't know if there are any tools that allow for the muxing of "elementary" .M4V or .CMP streams into AVI... But (selfishly) - I'm not really bothered.... .AVI has had it's time!

Cheers
Old 4th December 2006, 18:21   #405  |  Link
weaver4

I am still having problems with AVIMUX_gui in 0.52b. Everything runs fine, I have a good video.avi file and a good audio.avi file. So everything has been working in the temp directory. When avimux_gui starts I get an error that the program must quit and the directory is locked. No files in the directory can be deleted or copied. The last time I shut down and restarted the computer all the files in the temp directory were gone when I came back to look at them.

This problem did not occur in version 0.51.

Last edited by weaver4; 4th December 2006 at 18:41.
Old 4th December 2006, 18:49   #406  |  Link
glynor

A few very minor usability niggles...

1. When you first open AutoMKV currently defaults the Input File browse location to it's install directory (after you browse and locate your file it then remembers where it was until next time you close and reopen the app, of course). Since I, and probably most people, do their encoding in the same work folder on their hard drive, it would save some time if AutoMKV remembered which folder it last used even after you close/reopen the application. Currently, for me, browsing to my "work directory" is probably one of the slowest parts of using the GUI.

2. If you click the browse button for Select Input File and then hit cancel, the app reports "Attention - Low Disk Space or Read Only Destination" in a pop-up error dialog.

3. The Save Setting button doesn't seem to save the Custom Matrix setting.

Love the new stuff (especially the new temp directory)! Keep up the good work!
Old 4th December 2006, 19:17   #407  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@weaver4

first tip: uncheck delete temporary files

the read this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...142#post885142
and this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...694#post886694

AND THEN THIS http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...285#post887285

seems a problem of this matrix ???

don't know... on my side xvid_slow.xml is working

@glynor

i will analyse your suggestion ! thanks !

BHH
Old 4th December 2006, 19:40   #408  |  Link
crashed

Succsessfully encoded the dvd with celtic-druid's xvid_encraw! so that build seems to work without crashing =)

And btw, holy, the quality is so much better =)

But one problem i have encountered. The input was 16:9, the output was 4:3 so everything was squeezed together. This even though i disabled resizing, why is it that the ratio is wrong then? It worked with x264...
Old 4th December 2006, 20:32   #409  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Succsessfully encoded the dvd with celtic-druid's xvid_encraw! so that build seems to work without crashing =)

And btw, holy, the quality is so much better =)
The only XvidEncRAW build I could find Celtic_Druid's web site is dated: 12-Jul-2006 20:16 (75k)... Is this the one you're referring to?

Cheers
Old 4th December 2006, 20:45   #410  |  Link
weaver4

I will try with another matrix/profile but:
> It is not crashing in xvid_encraw
> I am using the same matrix as I did in 0.51 without problems
Old 4th December 2006, 20:53   #411  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
But one problem i have encountered. The input was 16:9, the output was 4:3 so everything was squeezed together. This even though i disabled resizing, why is it that the ratio is wrong then? It worked with x264...
if you use x264 then you can mux into mp4 or mkv.. and with this container i pass the AR to command line muxing

thanks for your test ! next full package will include the CD build (and so no aviwriter.dll and xvid_encraw of squid_80)

BHH
Old 4th December 2006, 21:08   #412  |  Link
glynor

Regarding the Temp folder...

With build 0.52b it doesn't seem to be moving the final file out of the temp folder to the proper destination folder when it finishes (the log file is in the destination, as it should be), if you change the output file name from the default "movie". Even worse, if you have Del Temp File selected, it happily deletes your output file along with all the other files in the temp directory!

I doubt that it makes any difference, but I'm using:

Code:
Container: MP4
Codec: X264
Profile: multiple CE profiles tested
Audio track 1: NeroAAC, stereo, Qual 0.50
Audio track 2: None
Subs: None
Resizers: BicubicResize (neutral)
Resizer Width: Auto
Filters: RemoveGrain(mode=2), also tested with Convolution3D
Output File Size: custom size, single file
Movie Name: "test" and "movie" tested among others
Custom Matrix: None or eqm_avc_hr
Everything else default
EDIT: On a completely separate note (and I know the rules -- I'm only asking about resizers):

I'm generally encoding NTSC MPEG-2 files recorded by BeyondTV (along with some DV files I recorded myself), and I generally want to keep them full resolution but have the AR corrected. I've been setting it to Resizer Width = 720, and using BicubicResize (neutral). Is this probably the best method? What is generally considered to be the best resizing method for most non-anime type media balancing speed and quality (or are they not significantly different in speed with modern CPUs)?

If there's a definitive posting on this, can someone point me towards it? I've searched but I'm tiring of wading through tons of useless/conflicting stuff.

Last edited by glynor; 4th December 2006 at 21:16.
Old 4th December 2006, 23:16   #413  |  Link
crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
The only XvidEncRAW build I could find Celtic_Druid's web site is dated: 12-Jul-2006 20:16 (75k)... Is this the one you're referring to?
yes thats the one

Quote:
That problem was solved when i used autoresizing on automatic using simpleresize. But it should get the aspect ratio right without resizing, no?

Now guess what happened, when i used autoresizing, the vertical black lines apeared on the door again, no deinterlacing was used this time. (The ones that you can see on the screenshot i posted a few days ago) So cant be deinterlacing or a codec specific problem. So i am guessing its the resizer that creates those vertical lines, is that possible?

Doing a test with lancosresize now...

Last edited by crashed; 4th December 2006 at 23:41.
Old 5th December 2006, 01:13   #414  |  Link
travisbell

Eee.... and with the latest version it just deleted ALL of the movies within the directory... *blink-blink*

It's good thing I didn't have anything too, too important in there...
Old 5th December 2006, 02:15   #415  |  Link
travisbell

RE: WMV support...

When I throw a .ts source at AutoMKV and attempt to encode a WMV (I know, I know it's alpha!) I get the following...

http://consumeroo.com/files/automkv-wmv1.png

Is that normal?

One last thing,

Here's my log,

http://consumeroo.com/files/memoirs....i.test2.ts.log

What I am noticing, is the auto-cropping is doing it's job a little too well... it's cutting in to atleast 25% of the picture leaving a 1280px wide movie, but only a 448px tall.

Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this?

EDIT: WMV support seems to work well, I have tested 4 different files and so far I like the results. Too bad it's about half the fps I get with x264...

Any idea when you'll have WMA 10 with 5.1 audio working?

Last edited by travisbell; 5th December 2006 at 07:03.
Old 5th December 2006, 14:07   #416  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

hi all !

i am ready to publish a new full package with the wvc1 support (and bug fixing... thanks to all !)

i will include xvid_encraw from CD and remove the squid_80 build.

I will wait till Tritical publish new TIVTC.dll that fixed ivtc problem.

about wmv and 5.1 audio: i have open a thread. For me isn't working but i hope for a solution

best regards

BHH
Old 5th December 2006, 14:30   #417  |  Link
weaver4

Here is what I found.

If I use a directory like c:\Test or e:\AMKV-out as my output directory it would not fail if I used e:\Movies\Output as the output directory the AviMux_Gui would come back with an exception and then quit. This is when I did not delete the temp files and the movie name was "movie". Using AviMux_Gui manually worked fine.

I am using the XviD-CQ profile. And when I get though the "movie.avi" (without audio) is in the Output directory and the "movie_full.avi" file is in the Output/temp directory, exactly backwards.
Old 5th December 2006, 14:31   #418  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

How about opening a new thread for your new build and asking Bond to close this one?

I'm of the opinion that new users (to any application) are either too lazy or frightened away if they see long threads.... Breaking the development of an application down into more manageable chunks seems a better alternative
Old 5th December 2006, 15:26   #419  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi Buzz,

Good news.... Neuron2 is working on a fix for DGIndex when importing .TS streams like the one Fogbav tried to encode from.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...735#post912735

Maybe his proposed beta could be incorporated into your proposed beta
Old 5th December 2006, 15:39   #420  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

i think it too (open a new thread)

Since i ufficially add wvc1 i think that more user will be interested...

and btw i need help on tuning wmv profiles

a BIG to all for yours support

BHH
Closed Thread