Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 12th March 2007, 03:27   #21  |  Link
woodspire

java please!

Please compile your program in Java so I can test it on my PS3 linux !

Still can't compile properly the iscsi application to mount the blu-ray drive in windows, but it's coming ...
woodspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 03:40   #22  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@woodspire - I have had enough of people ignoring the policy on requests. Strike issued.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 04:25   #23  |  Link
HyperHacker
Resident DRM Hater

Excellent work, I can't test it myself but it looks great. Just thinking though you should add an ASCII view of the volume ID, as those seem to be ASCII fairly often.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:20   #24  |  Link
guile

GREAT WORK!!!! I have tested on SEVERAL BLu Ray discs and it is working on all of them (at least producing what appears to be working keys). I can't confirm the keys are valid without title hash (unless I'm missing something).
guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 17:47   #25  |  Link
Electrox3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by guile View Post
GREAT WORK!!!! I have tested on SEVERAL BLu Ray discs and it is working on all of them (at least producing what appears to be working keys). I can't confirm the keys are valid without title hash (unless I'm missing something).
Yeah, thats the final question I have too... where's the Title hash? Is this not possible to get via software?

If this is a program revealing all AACS Key's needed to decrypt, does that mean it is hidden somewhere in the output?

Thanks, great job!
Old 12th March 2007, 18:09   #26  |  Link
KenD00

The title hash is the SHA-1 hash value from the file AACS\CPSUnit00001.cci off the disc. There are many programs which can calculate a SHA-1 hash, e.g. HexWorkshop or WinHEX. Btw., this identifier is not very well chosen, there are already titles which have the same title hash. This is because this file does not contain information that is unique per title, it contains Copyright Control Information. If two discs have the same number of titles and use the same copy-rights (things like Image Constraint Token and so on) they will produce the same title hash.

Therefor, when BluRay support is included into DumpHD it will use the SHA-1 hash of the file AACS\Unit_Key_RO.inf as title hash.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 18:51   #27  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
The title hash is the SHA-1 hash value from the file AACS\CPSUnit00001.cci off the disc. There are many programs which can calculate a SHA-1 hash, e.g. HexWorkshop or WinHEX. Btw., this identifier is not very well chosen, there are already titles which have the same title hash. This is because this file does not contain information that is unique per title, it contains Copyright Control Information. If two discs have the same number of titles and use the same copy-rights (things like Image Constraint Token and so on) they will produce the same title hash.

Therefor, when BluRay support is included into DumpHD it will use the SHA-1 hash of the file AACS\Unit_Key_RO.inf as title hash.

That sounds like a really good idea. I always assumed Muslix64 hashed the Unit_Key_RO.inf. But looking at it more closely its pretty obvious now we get duplicate hash values (there isn't much info in the cci info to begin with).

Theoretically the Unit Key files could be the same for some discs aswell. But I don't know if they would actually do that (different vuks with the same unit key file lead to different unit keys, so they could do this since there is no tkfmac).

Anyway. If you're going to do this then I will do the same with my program aacskeys: hashing the title key file for HD DVDs and hashing the Unit Key file for blu-ray discs. So our programs will be compatible that way.

What should we do if there are multiple title key file btw? (for hd dvd only I believe)

Is there a specific file format you're going to use? Or plain pipe separated? I thought about using ";" or "//" or something as comment markers at the beginning of each comment line (at the beginning of the file). Maybe also column names. I like to keep it really basic and simple though .

Regards,

arnezami

Last edited by arnezami; 12th March 2007 at 18:56.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 21:20   #28  |  Link
lightshadow

First of all, fantastic work to all that have contributed to make this program happen =)

Regaring the source, I can understand that you want to wait a while before releasing it. But the problem is, if Doom9 gets closed in the meantime, the source is not released =(

So what if you made a rar/gpg encrypted archive of the source available, and when you feel it is ready we get the passphrase? =)

The advantage is that if Doom9 should get closed, it is easier to make a passphrase slip, so someone can make a Slashdot story, that THE passphrase have slipped and it is ####, rather than having to release the soruce. =)

Another advantage is, that if you tell the passphrase to a few trusted secret people, and you should go silent, the passphrase is still out there, and you haven't released it after you have gone silent. Someone else have, and it could be anybody. Who knows who you can trust these days? =)

Ps. It would be fun if the passphrase was 4737676058d7029452514f0ab186dc4cca8c578f . Just of the irony =)

Last edited by lightshadow; 12th March 2007 at 21:23. Reason: Added passphrase sugestion
lightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 21:44   #29  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightshadow View Post
First of all, fantastic work to all that have contributed to make this program happen =)

Regaring the source, I can understand that you want to wait a while before releasing it. But the problem is, if Doom9 gets closed in the meantime, the source is not released =(

So what if you made a rar/gpg encrypted archive of the source available, and when you feel it is ready we get the passphrase? =)

The advantage is that if Doom9 should get closed, it is easier to make a passphrase slip, so someone can make a Slashdot story, that THE passphrase have slipped and it is ####, rather than having to release the soruce. =)

Another advantage is, that if you tell the passphrase to a few trusted secret people, and you should go silent, the passphrase is still out there, and you haven't released it after you have gone silent. Someone else have, and it could be anybody. Who knows who you can trust these days? =)

Ps. It would be fun if the passphrase was 4737676058d7029452514f0ab186dc4cca8c578f . Just of the irony =)
Well ok then. For me not yet releasing the source is not about being secretive but about being proper. What I've learned about open source is that its not just about releasing the source but making it understandable and easely useable and giving credit to all that should be given credit to. I haven't had the time to do that properly. But if you instist and really want it (the raw version that is) I will release the source of the current version.

Here is is: source. You need openssl for this to work.

This is not an "official" release. This is just for those who want to play around with it.

Regards,

arnezami

Last edited by arnezami; 12th March 2007 at 22:05.
Old 13th March 2007, 00:10   #30  |  Link
nincollector

does this only work for power dvd 7.1 or will it work with all software players i.e 7.2 and above?
nincollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 00:22   #31  |  Link
mrazzido

the info is that the key is from power dvd 7.1

you can decrypt the movie with backuphddvd / bluray

and play fine with windvd or power dvd 6 hd or bd edition
mrazzido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 07:10   #32  |  Link
jh87

I tried it on a bluray iso copied from PS3. I got the processing key, which is the one we all know. I also got the media key but then the program aborted with message saying "all AGIDs in use".
Then I tried it on the PS3 linux with the original movie for the above ISO, then I got the "permission denied" message.
So I guess it is no go if I don't have a BD drive connected to my PC, right? Sorry for the newb question.
jh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 07:56   #33  |  Link
arnezami

Could somebody try to compile this on linux (PS3 or PC).

aacskeys multi platform source. (linux + windows)

This version should compile both on windows as on linux. But I haven't tested it yet on linux. Please keep me informed of any problems and/or solutions.

The instructions are almost the the same as for aacsauth:

Code:
INSTALL

You need openssl 0.9.8
Compile with gcc -o aacskeys -lcrypto ioctl.c ecdsa.c mmc.c aes.c aacsauth.c

There may be some warnings. But hopefully it compiles for linux now (not tested yet).

USAGE

Type something like ./aacskeys /dev/scd0 v
/dev/scd0 is the device file of your drive
Regards,

arnezami

PS. The PS3 uses a hypervisor which might prevent it from getting the volume id at all. And mounted ISOs can't handle the mmc commands properly.
PPS. The old source should't work on linux unless adapted of course .

Last edited by arnezami; 13th March 2007 at 08:09.
Old 13th March 2007, 10:01   #34  |  Link
ebsi

This one compiles now on linux. Still untested on PS3.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x9nmjq
ebsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 11:09   #35  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnezami View Post
Theoretically the Unit Key files could be the same for some discs aswell. But I don't know if they would actually do that (different vuks with the same unit key file lead to different unit keys, so they could do this since there is no tkfmac).
Hmm, thats a point that i have missed. Since title keys are random, this could happen by chance, but how big is this probability? Maybe a second file should be used in addition to create the title hash? I'm open for ideas.
Quote:
What should we do if there are multiple title key file btw? (for hd dvd only I believe)
For HD-DVD Advanced Content the VTKF000.AACS is still a good choice, for HD-DVD Standard Content i use the only present TKF VTKF.AACS.
Quote:
Is there a specific file format you're going to use?
For now, the database format is not nice, but sufficient enough. For BluRay i will only change the key entries to be consistent with the HD-DVD format (i will store both keys in one db), that is adding a key type flag (V = VUK, U = CPS Unit Key) and numbering the CPS Unit Keys like the Title Keys. When its time for Sequence Keys i think we should think about a new format, the current one can only store one key type per entry, for Sequence Keys you would need two lines, with redundancy of the movie name and so on, thats not so nice.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 19:28   #36  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsi View Post
This one compiles now on linux. Still untested on PS3.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x9nmjq
Thanks for helping to get it to work on linux. Have you tested it on PC (running linux)? HD DVD or Blu-ray? Or did you only compile it.

Also you added this to the aacskeys.h:

Code:
#if !defined(linux)
int send_cmd(drive_handle h, unsigned char *cmd, unsigned char *buf, size_t send, size_t recv);
#endif
So the definition of send_cmd will not be available for linux. But how can this work since mmc.c needs it? Did it give an error and if so which one?

Thanks.

People own a PS3 could try to compile it on their PS3 and see what happens... (i'm quite curious)

Regards,

arnezami
Old 13th March 2007, 19:33   #37  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Hmm, thats a point that i have missed. Since title keys are random, this could happen by chance, but how big is this probability? Maybe a second file should be used in addition to create the title hash? I'm open for ideas.
The chance of this happening by pure chance is zero. They really would have to do this intentionally (but it would be a little silly for them to do this). So (for now) I think it would be a good idea to use the Unit Key file: its also equivalent to the Title Key file (for HD DVD). So it would all make more sense.

Quote:
For HD-DVD Advanced Content the VTKF000.AACS is still a good choice, for HD-DVD Standard Content i use the only present TKF VTKF.AACS.
Yeah. That should work fine.

Quote:
For now, the database format is not nice, but sufficient enough. For BluRay i will only change the key entries to be consistent with the HD-DVD format (i will store both keys in one db), that is adding a key type flag (V = VUK, U = CPS Unit Key) and numbering the CPS Unit Keys like the Title Keys.
Sounds good. Especially the V/U differentiation. Blu-rays are bound to get more Unit keys per disc.

Quote:
When its time for Sequence Keys i think we should think about a new format, the current one can only store one key type per entry, for Sequence Keys you would need two lines, with redundancy of the movie name and so on, thats not so nice.
I'm probably also creating my own kinds of files for Device/Processing keys and Host Certificates/Private Keys (probably using the some kind of format). Which would also include corresponding uv values and MKB versions and Software player name+versions. But your program will not need these files/keys (until that is you implement the mkb processing and aacsauth stuff aswell).

Regards,

arnezami

Last edited by arnezami; 13th March 2007 at 19:40.
Old 13th March 2007, 19:47   #38  |  Link
00dwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnezami View Post
People own a PS3 could try to compile it on their PS3 and see what happens... (i'm quite curious)

Regards,

arnezami
I have a ps3 and want to test it (actually I need it to work for something I'm trying to do: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123355), but I'm a linux n00b so I would need very clear instructions.
00dwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 21:57   #39  |  Link
fakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00dwan View Post
I have a ps3 and want to test it (actually I need it to work for something I'm trying to do: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123355), but I'm a linux n00b so I would need very clear instructions.
Code:
INSTALL

You need openssl 0.9.8
Compile with gcc -o aacskeys -lcrypto ioctl.c ecdsa.c mmc.c aes.c aacsauth.c

There may be some warnings. But hopefully it compiles for linux now (not tested yet).

USAGE

Type something like ./aacskeys /dev/scd0 v
/dev/scd0 is the device file of your drive
fakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 23:53   #40  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

here I tried in gentoo, and it compiles,But cannot test no HDDVd or BlUray disk nor drives

Quote:
gcc -o aacskeys -lcrypto ioctl.c ecdsa.c mmc.c aes.c aacskeys.c
ecdsa.c: In function 'aacs_set_cert':
ecdsa.c:29: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
ecdsa.c: In function 'aacs_sign':
ecdsa.c:67: warning: comparison between pointer and integer