Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th August 2013, 12:42   #1  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Multiple autoload directories for AviSynth plugins?

Currently, AviSynth 2.5/2.6 supports exactly one directory (specified in the registry) as autoload directory, so that you don't need to specify full qualified paths in LoadPlugin() calls.

Is there already a solution to expand this feature to a list of directories (like in the PATH variable) to both keep your different plugin directories tidy (here the ones MeGUI keeps up to date, and there some others I add on my own), and also have them all available automatically?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 12:53   #2  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Currently, AviSynth 2.5/2.6 supports exactly one directory (specified in the registry) as autoload directory, so that you don't need to specify full qualified paths in LoadPlugin() calls.

Is there already a solution to expand this feature to a list of directories (like in the PATH variable) to both keep your different plugin directories tidy (here the ones MeGUI keeps up to date, and there some others I add on my own), and also have them all available automatically?
Adding more chaos to the already messy auto-load thingy. Don't get me wrong, the auto-load can be very convenient but many people don't even know where that directory is, not to mention what kind of expired crap is in it.

About your problem - I have not tried it but maybe an avsi in the auto-load directory which contains a bunch of "LoadPlugin()" which load DLLs from another directory? A clever batch file could be used to create that avsi, I guess.
Old 24th August 2013, 13:12   #3  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This idea sounds sensible.

It's not me who needs that; I am not too lazy to use explicit LoadPlugin's.

And it will probably also be possible to store AviSynth presets in MeGUI containing manually prepared scripts with them?

New German Gleitz board
Old 26th August 2013, 09:13   #4  |  Link
steptoe

I personally just use LoadPlugin or Import as I use various filters at vairous times and keep them in nice neat folders, which does mean duplicating filters but does avoid having a HUGE folder of autoloads that confuses the hell out of avisynth or filters that NEED very specific versions of plug-in to function correctly with some scripts

And also means you KNOW that filter is going to work as everything it needs is in its own folder, without relying on autoload
steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 19:25   #5  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

It could be possible using RT_Stats and GScript (standard autoload) to load ALL dll's in a directory by creating a
list of *.dll files using RT_WriteFileList with a wildcard of eg "D:\Plugs\QTGMC\*.dll", and then iterate though the list
with GScript, calling LoadPlugin on each one. Could even load a list of C plugins using same method.

EDIT: Might best be coded as an autoloaded avsi function.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 26th August 2013 at 19:35.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 21:51   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Further to previous post, below seems to work OK:

AutoLoadPlugs.AVSI
Code:
Function AutoLoadPlugs(string "Root",string "Folder",Int "Type",Bool "Debug") {
# Root = main alternative plugins DIR containing FOLDERS that hold dll's
# Folder, the folder name relative to Root containing dll's
# TYPE, 0=Standard CPP LoadPlugin, 1 = Import AVSI scripts, 2= LoadCPlugin(built into Avisynth v2.5), 3=LoadCPlugin(v2.0 Avisynth_c.dll)
# Debug==true, send info to DebugView window.
# Cannot mix Standard CPP and Cv2.0 and Cv2.5 plugins in same directory.
# MUST Set Default for ROOT and V2_CPlugin for YOUR SYSTEM.
    V2_CPlugin="D:\MyPlugins\C2LOADER\Avisynth_c.dll"               # NOTE, MUST set complete Path and filename to Kevin Atkinson avisynth_c.dll
    Root=Default(Root,"D:\MyPlugins\")                              # Set your own default path
    Folder=default(Folder,"")                                       # Default = Root ie FULL Path is USER SUPPLIED
    Type=Default(Type,0)                                            # Standard CPP  is default
    Debug=Default(Debug,false)
    Assert(Type>=0 && Type <=3,"AutoLoadPlugs: TYPE 0 -> 3 ONLY")
    TMPFile="~AutoLoadPlugs.TMP"
    GSCript("""
        if(TYPE==3) {
            if(!RT_VarExist("GLB_V2_CPLUGIN")) {
                (!Exist(V2_CPlugin)) ? Assert(false,"AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin Loader Does NOT Exist"+Chr(10)+"("+V2_CPlugin+")"): NOP
                (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug("AutoLoadPlugs: LOADING Avisynth V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)") : NOP
                LoadPlugin(V2_CPlugin)                                  # Load v2.0 C Plugin Loader
                Global GLB_V2_CPLUGIN=True
            }
        }
        eS=RightStr(Root,1)
        Path=(eS!="\" && eS!="/") ? Root+"\" : Root                 # Ensure End Slash
        if(Folder!="") {
            eS=RightStr(Folder,1)
            Folder=(eS!="\" && eS!="/") ? Folder+"\" : Folder       # Ensure End Slash
            Path=Path + Folder                                      # Concatenate
        }
        TestPath=LeftStr(Path,Strlen(Path)-1)                       # Test PATH Exist without End Slash, else Error
        Assert(Exist(TestPath),"AutoLoadPlugin: Path Does not exist ("+Path+")")
        WildCard=Select(Type,"*.dll","*.AVSI","*.dll","*.dll")
        SearchString = Path + WildCard
        Got = RT_WriteFileList(SearchString,TMPFile)
        if(Got > 0) {
            SS=RT_ReadTxtFromFile(TMPFile)                          # Read multiline list of filenames
            for(i=0,Got-1) {
                S=RT_TxtGetLine(SS,i)
                if(TYPE==0) {             # Standard CPP Plugin
                    (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug("AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin '"+S+"'") : NOP
                    LoadPlugin(S)
                } else if(TYPE==1){       # AVSI Import
                    (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug("AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI '"+S+"'") : NOP
                    Import(S)
                } else if(TYPE==2){       # V2.5 Built-in C plugin Loader
                    (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug("AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.5 C Plugin '"+S+"'") : NOP
                    Load_Stdcall_Plugin(S)                          # alias for BUILT-IN v2.5 LoadCPlugin().
                } else {                  #  V2.0 Avisynth_C.dll C plugin Loader
                    (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug("AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.0 C Plugin '"+S+"'") : NOP
                    LoadCPlugin(S)                                  # Using Kevin Atkinson Avisynth_c.dll
                }
            }
            RT_FileDelete(TMPFile)
        }
    """)
    return Got
}
Client
Code:
n=0
n=n+ AutoLoadPlugs("D:\MyPlugins\","CPP\" ,TYPE=0,debug=true)    # Standard CPP
n=n+ AutoLoadPlugs("D:\MyPlugins\","AVSI\",TYPE=1,debug=true)    # AVSI
n=n+ AutoLoadPlugs("D:\MyPlugins\","C25\" ,TYPE=2,debug=true)    # V2.5 C Plugins
n=n+ AutoLoadPlugs("D:\MyPlugins\","C2\"  ,TYPE=3,debug=true)    # V2.0 C Plugins
return Colorbars.RT_Subtitle("%d Plugins loaded",n)
EDITED:

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 26th August 2013 at 23:48.
Old 26th August 2013, 23:51   #7  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Post #6 updated.

Added Avisynth V2.0 C Plugin loading.
MUST EDIT script for your system (1st two lines of code, ie ROOT and V2_CPlugin.

Debug output from Above Client script
Code:
00000005	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\VagueDenoiser.dll'
00000006	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\VariableBlur.dll'	
00000007	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll'	
00000008	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\ViewAudio.dll'	
00000009	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\ViewFields.dll'	
00000010	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\VqmCalc.dll'	
00000011	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\CPP\VScope.dll'	

00000012	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\colors_rgb.avsi'	
00000013	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\dither.avsi'	
00000014	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\InitExternalPlugins.avsi'	
00000015	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\MCDegrain.avsi'	
00000016	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\mt_xxpand_multi.avsi'	
00000017	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\RoboLevels.avsi'	
00000018	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\AVSI\RoboSplice.avsi'	

00000019	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.5 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\C25\AVSInpaint.dll'	
00000020	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.5 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\C25\yadif.dll'	

00000021	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: LOADING Avisynth V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)	

00000022	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\C2\AVSCurveFlow.dll'	
00000023	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\C2\AVSShock.dll'	
00000024	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\C2\equlines.dll'	
00000025	23:44:16	RT_Debug: AutoLoadPlugs: Loading v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\C2\IBob.dll'

Old 27th August 2013, 04:37   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Update on previous posted script,
Can load, CPP dll, C v2.5 dll, C v2.0 dll, Import AVSI, Import AVS, all from same directory.

NOTE, As Script may Load Kevin Atkinson Avisynth_c.dll, you MUST use Aviynth v2.5+ builtin Alias for LoadCPlugin, (EDIT: Thereafter)
ie Load_Stdcall_Plugin() instead, as Avisynth_c.dll overrides LoadCPlugin() function for v2.0 dll loads.

Also, MUST set two Global Vars at head of script to suite YOUR own system.

AutoLoadPlugs.AVSI
Code:
# AutoLoadPlugs.AVSI, Requires RT_Stats and GScript. Get DebugView from MS. (Google)

# MUST Set Default for AutoLoadPlugs_DEFAULT_ROOT and AutoLoadPlugs_V2_CPLUGIN_LOADER for YOUR SYSTEM.

# Default Root folder to YOUR Alternative Plugins
Global AutoLoadPlugs_DEFAULT_ROOT="D:\MyPlugins\"

# MUST set complete Path and filename to Kevin Atkinson avisynth_c.dll (for v2.0 C dll loading)
Global AutoLoadPlugs_V2_CPLUGIN_LOADER="D:\MyPlugins\C2LOADER\Avisynth_c.dll"

Function AutoLoadPlugs(string "Root",string "Folder",Int "Flgs",Bool "Debug",Bool "Verbose") {
# https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1641795#post1641795
# Root = main alternative plugins DIR containing FOLDERS that hold dll's
# Folder, the folder name relative to Root containing dll's
# Flgs, 31(1+2+4+8+16). Add together, 1=CPP DLL, 2=C v2.5 DLL, 4=C v2.0 DLL, 8=Import AVSI, 16=Import AVS.
# Debug, false, true, send info to DebugView window.
# Verbose, False, true gives more verbose Debug info
    myName="AutoLoadPlugs: "
    Root=Default(Root,AutoLoadPlugs_DEFAULT_ROOT)                    # Set your own default path
    Folder=default(Folder,"")                                        # Default = Root ie FULL Path is USER SUPPLIED
    Flgs=Default(Flgs,1+2+4+8+16)                                    # ALL dll + AVSI + AVS  is default
    Debug=Default(Debug,False)
    Verbose=Default(Verbose,False)
    Assert(Flgs>=1 && Flgs <=31,"AutoLoadPlugs: FLGS 1 -> 31 ONLY")
    TMPFile="~AutoLoadPlugs.TMP"
    GSCript("""
        eS=RightStr(Root,1)
        Path=(eS!="\" && eS!="/") ? Root+"\" : Root                 # Ensure End Slash
        if(Folder!="") {
            eS=RightStr(Folder,1)
            Folder=(eS!="\" && eS!="/") ? Folder+"\" : Folder       # Ensure End Slash
            Path=Path + Folder                                      # Concatenate
        }
        TestPath=LeftStr(Path,Strlen(Path)-1)                       # Test PATH Exist without End Slash, else Error
        Assert(Exist(TestPath),"AutoLoadPlugin: Path Does not exist ("+Path+")")
        WildCard = "*.dll|avsi|AVS"
        SearchString = Path + WildCard
        Got = RT_WriteFileList(SearchString,TMPFile)
        if(Got > 0) {
            CPP_DLL_SUCCESS=0   CV25_DLL_SUCCESS=0  CV2_DLL_SUCCESS=0   DLL_FAILED=0
            AVSI_SUCCESS=0      AVS_SUCCESS=0       DLL_FAILED=0        CV2_LOADER_LOADED=0
            Done=0
            SS=RT_ReadTxtFromFile(TMPFile)                          # Read multiline list of filenames
            if(RT_BitTST(Flgs,2) && !RT_VarExist("GLB_V2_CPLUGIN")) {
                # We want to load v2.0 C dll's, get LOADER now before we cannot load anymore CPP dll's
                (!Exist(AutoLoadPlugs_V2_CPLUGIN_LOADER))
                        \ ? Assert(false,"AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin Loader Does NOT Exist"+Chr(10)+"("+
                        \ AutoLoadPlugs_V2_CPLUGIN_LOADER + ")")
                        \ : NOP
                (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"LOADING Avisynth V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)",false) : NOP
                try{
                    LoadPlugin(AutoLoadPlugs_V2_CPLUGIN_LOADER)                      # Load v2.0 C Plugin Loader
                    Global GLB_V2_CPLUGIN=True
                    CV2_LOADER_LOADED=CV2_LOADER_LOADED+1
                } catch(err_msg) {
                    err_msg=RT_TxtGetLine(err_msg,0)
                    (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"FAILED LOAD V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)"+Chr(10)+err_msg,False) : NOP
                    Assert(false,myName+"FAILED LOAD V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)"+Chr(10)+err_msg)
                }
            }
            for(i=0,2) {                                            # pass 0 = dll, pass 1 = AVSI, Pass 2 = AVS
                if((i==0 && RT_BitAND(Flgs,1+2+4)!=0) || (i==1 && RT_BitAND(Flgs,8)!=0) || (i==2 && RT_BitAND(Flgs,16)!=0)) {
                    (i==0&&DEBUG&&VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,"PASS 1 ... DLL's",false) :NOP
                    (i==1&&DEBUG&&VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,"PASS 2 ... AVSI",false)  :NOP
                    (i==2&&DEBUG&&VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,"PASS 3 ... AVS",false)   :NOP
                    for(j=0,Got-1) {
                        S=RT_TxtGetLine(SS,j)
                        Ext=RT_GetFileExtension(S)
                        if(i==0) {                                  # dll's
                            if(RT_BitAND(Flgs,1+2+4)!=0 && Ext==".dll") {
                                Bingo=false
                                if(RT_BitTST(Flgs,0)) {
                                    try{
                                        LoadPlugin(S)
                                        (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"CPP Plugin '"+S+"' SUCCESS",false) : NOP
                                        Bingo=True
                                        CPP_DLL_SUCCESS=CPP_DLL_SUCCESS+1
                                    } catch (err_msg) {
                                        (DEBUG && VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,S+" NOT LOADED as CPP dll",false) : NOP
                                        (DEBUG && VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,"System Message= *** "+RT_TxtGetLine(err_msg,0)+" ***",False) : NOP
                                    }
                                }
                                if(Bingo==False && RT_BitTST(Flgs,1)) {
                                    try{
                                      # Alias for BUILT-IN v2.5 LoadCPlugin(which may have been overridden by Avisynth_c.dll).
                                      # Once Avisynth_c.dll loaded, MUST use Load_Stdcall_Plugin, LoadCPlugin name hijacked by Avisynth_c.dll.
                                      Load_Stdcall_Plugin(S)
                                      (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"v2.5 C Plugin '"+S+"' SUCCESS",false) : NOP
                                       Bingo=True
                                        CV25_DLL_SUCCESS=CV25_DLL_SUCCESS+1
                                    } catch (err_msg) {
                                        (DEBUG && VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,S+" NOT LOADED as v2.5 C dll",False) : NOP
                                        (DEBUG && VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,"System Message= *** "+RT_TxtGetLine(err_msg,0)+" ***",False) : NOP
                                    }
                                }
                                if(Bingo==False && RT_BitTST(Flgs,2)) {
                                    try{
                                        LoadCPlugin(S) # Using Kevin Atkinson Avisynth_c.dll, NOTE now overrides built in LoadCPlugin().
                                       (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"v2.0 C Plugin '"+S+"' SUCCESS",false) : NOP
                                        Bingo=True
                                        CV2_DLL_SUCCESS=CV2_DLL_SUCCESS+1
                                    } catch (err_msg) {
                                        (DEBUG && VERBOSE) ? RT_Debug(myName,S+" NOT LOADED as v2.0 C dll",False) : NOP
                                    }
                                }
                                (DEBUG && !Bingo) ? RT_Debug(myName,"DLL "+S+" *** FAILED ***",False) : NOP
                                DLL_FAILED=(!Bingo)?DLL_FAILED+1:DLL_FAILED
                                Done = (Bingo) ? Done + 1 : Done
                                (DEBUG)?RT_Debug(myName,false) : NOP
                            }
                        } else if(i==1) {                                    # avsi
                            if(RT_BitTST(Flgs,3) && Ext==".AVSI") {
                                (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"Importing AVSI '"+S+"'",false) : NOP
                                Import(S)
                                Done = Done + 1
                                AVSI_SUCCESS=AVSI_SUCCESS+1
                            }
                        } else if(i==2) {                                    # avs
                            if(RT_BitTST(flgs,4) && Ext==".AVS") {
                                (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug(myName,"Importing AVS '"+S+"'",false) : NOP
                                Import(S)
                                Done = Done + 1
                                AVS_SUCCESS=AVS_SUCCESS+1
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            RT_FileDelete(TMPFile)
            Got=Done
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("CPP DLL Success =",23),String(CPP_DLL_SUCCESS),false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("C v2.5 DLL Success =",23),String(CV25_DLL_SUCCESS),false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("C v2.0 LOADER LOADED =",23),String(CV2_LOADER_LOADED),false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("C v2.0 DLL Success =",23),String(CV2_DLL_SUCCESS),false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("DLL FAILED  =",23),String(DLL_FAILED),false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("AVSI Success =",23),String(AVSI_SUCCESS),false) : NOP
            (DEBUG) ? RT_Debug( myName,RT_StrPad("AVS  Success =",23),String(AVS_SUCCESS),false) : NOP
        }
    """)
    return Got
}
EDIT: Above Updated

Client Script:
Code:
FLGS=31         # Add Together for required:- 1=CPP DLL, 2=C v2.5 DLL, 4=C v2.0 DLL, 8=AVSI Import, 16=AVS Import
DEBUG=True
VERBOSE=False
n= AutoLoadPlugs("D:\MyPlugins\","MIX\",flgs=FLGS,debug=DEBUG,verbose=VERBOSE)

return Colorbars.RT_Subtitle("%d Plugins loaded",n)
Debug Output, VERBOSE=False
Code:
00000005	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: LOADING Avisynth V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)
00000006	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\AVSCurveFlow.dll' LOADED	
00000007	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: v2.5 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\AVSInpaint.dll' LOADED	
00000008	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\AVSShock.dll' LOADED	
00000009	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: DLL D:\MyPlugins\MIX\Dummy_Empty_File.dll *** NOT LOADED ***	
00000010	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\equlines.dll' LOADED	
00000011	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\IBob.dll' LOADED	
00000012	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\VagueDenoiser.dll' LOADED	
00000013	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\VariableBlur.dll' LOADED	
00000014	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll' LOADED	
00000015	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\ViewAudio.dll' LOADED	
00000016	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\ViewFields.dll' LOADED	
00000017	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\VqmCalc.dll' LOADED	
00000018	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\VScope.dll' LOADED	
00000019	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: v2.5 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\yadif.dll' LOADED	
00000020	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\colors_rgb.avsi'	
00000021	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\dither.avsi'	
00000022	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\MCDegrain.avsi'	
00000023	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\mt_xxpand_multi.avsi'	
00000024	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\RoboLevels.avsi'	
00000025	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\RoboSplice.avsi'	
00000026	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVS 'D:\MyPlugins\MIX\MatchFrames.avs'	
00000027	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: 	
00000028	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: CPP DLL Success =    7	
00000029	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: C v2.5 DLL Success = 2	
00000030	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: C v2.0 DLL Success = 4	
00000031	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: DLL FAILED  =        1	
00000032	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: AVSI Success =       6	
00000033	06:00:04	AutoLoadPlugs: AVS  Success =       1
NOTE, in Blue is dummy Test file

EDIT: Added pass 3, so as to do AVS imports last, on their own.

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th January 2018 at 17:00.
Old 28th August 2013, 01:01   #9  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Getting some odd results using above posted script.

Was working fine with ~241 autoload plugins in my plugins directory, and scanning against an additional small test directory.

Decided to copy contents of plugins dir to a test dir, and scan against that.
First thing I noticed was Transition.dll by Gasset, is an Avisynth v2.0 Plugin, and should not have been in my autoload plugins directory
(despite an example avs file giving a CPP "LoadPlugin()" as command to load it).
2nd problem showed up with ImportUncompressedFile.dll, no idea what that is, but showing 0x7e error, dependency upon some other module.
Found it, here:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=51227, requires LibGFL201.dll.
Have now evicted from my plugins, dont even seem to have the original zip.

I then cleared plugins dir, with exception of RT_Stats and GScript dll's and scanned again against the test dir.
and get this alert:

"LoadPlugin: too many plugins loaded already (max. 50)"

from Avisynth source Plugins.cpp. Looking at source, it looks like it will also fail at 50 plugins in Autoloading plugins
for default plugins dir, it just dont tell you about it. Not sure how that affects things overall, but it seems to include C
dll's as well as CPP.

Going back to scanning the original smaller test directory, I'm now getting an error message from MS Mplayer2.exe,

"The Application or DLL D:\MyPlugins\MIX\Dummy_Empty_File.dll is not a valid Windows image.
Please Check this against your installation diskette."

That is not a surprising message as the offending file is a zero length file, what is curious, is that it does not occur
when my autoload plugins dir is full of dll's, and testing against same dir and file. Looks like something in plugins
dir prevents mplayer2 from producing an alert (alert does not terminate the script).
(EDIT: May be 50 limit that inhibits MPlayer2 alert)

Have extended messages shown in DebugView when Verbose == True, shows returned system messages, might want to test against
a copy of your plugins dir to see what plugs fail, probably have to do it in batches of less than 50.

Previous Script updated.

EDIT: Here Small sample of current VERBOSE debug output:
Code:
00000005    1.49089622  AutoLoadPlugs: LOADING Avisynth V2.0 C Plugin Loader(Avisynth_c.dll)
00000006    1.49421430  AutoLoadPlugs: PASS 1 ... DLL's
00000042    1.62006152  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000043    1.62543011  AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AviShader.dll' SUCCESS
00000044    1.62908924  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000045    1.63216507  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSCurveFlow.dll NOT LOADED as CPP dll
00000046    1.63277555  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Plugin D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSCurveFlow.dll is not an AviSynth 2.6 or 2.5 plugin. ***
00000047    1.63502622  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSCurveFlow.dll NOT LOADED as v2.5 C dll
00000048    1.63568628  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Avisynth 2 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSCurveFlow.dll' has wrong calling convention! Must be stdcall. ***
00000049    1.63692677  AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSCurveFlow.dll' SUCCESS
00000050    1.63962305  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000051    1.64302754  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSInpaint.dll NOT LOADED as CPP dll
00000052    1.64362657  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Plugin D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSInpaint.dll is not an AviSynth 2.6 or 2.5 plugin. ***
00000053    1.64589250  AutoLoadPlugs: v2.5 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSInpaint.dll' SUCCESS
00000054    1.64907241  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000055    1.65251911  AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\avsmon25a.dll' SUCCESS
00000056    1.65619075  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000057    1.65930426  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSShock.dll NOT LOADED as CPP dll
00000058    1.65992415  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Plugin D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSShock.dll is not an AviSynth 2.6 or 2.5 plugin. ***
00000059    1.66215599  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSShock.dll NOT LOADED as v2.5 C dll
00000060    1.66277909  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Avisynth 2 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSShock.dll' has wrong calling convention! Must be stdcall. ***
00000061    1.66403210  AutoLoadPlugs: v2.0 C Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\AVSShock.dll' SUCCESS
00000062    1.66675365  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000064    1.67002130  AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\avstimer.dll' SUCCESS
00000065    1.67427373  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000066    1.67788887  AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\avstp.dll' SUCCESS
00000067    1.68155730  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000068    1.68439424  AutoLoadPlugs: CPP Plugin 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\aWarpSharp.dll' SUCCESS
00000069    1.68809128  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000107    1.82290232  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000108    1.82628632  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\ColourMask_11Sep05.dll NOT LOADED as CPP dll
00000109    1.82694519  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** LoadPlugin: too many plugins loaded already (max. 50) ***
00000110    1.82965374  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\ColourMask_11Sep05.dll NOT LOADED as v2.5 C dll
00000111    1.83035314  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Not An Avisynth 2 C Plugin: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\ColourMask_11Sep05.dll ***
00000112    1.83172953  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\ColourMask_11Sep05.dll NOT LOADED as v2.0 C dll
00000113    1.83243144  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Not An Avisynth 2 C Plugin: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\ColourMask_11Sep05.dll ***
00000114    1.83302999  AutoLoadPlugs: DLL D:\MyPlugins\TEST\ColourMask_11Sep05.dll *** FAILED ***
00000695    2.67637610  AutoLoadPlugs:
00000696    2.68003941  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll NOT LOADED as CPP dll
00000697    2.68073988  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** LoadPlugin: unable to load "D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll", error=0x7e ***
00000698    2.68345881  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll NOT LOADED as v2.5 C dll
00000699    2.68415689  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Unable to load C Plugin: "D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll", error=0x7e ***
00000700    2.68633986  AutoLoadPlugs: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll NOT LOADED as v2.0 C dll
00000701    2.68734789  AutoLoadPlugs: System Message= *** Unable to load C Plugin: D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll ***
00000702    2.68781996  AutoLoadPlugs: DLL D:\MyPlugins\TEST\importuncompressedfile.dll *** FAILED ***
00001619    4.04000187  AutoLoadPlugs:
00001620    4.04252243  AutoLoadPlugs: PASS 2 ... AVSI
00001621    4.05713558  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\colors_rgb.avsi'
00001622    4.08931303  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\dither.avsi'
00001623    4.13684130  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\MCDegrain.avsi'
00001624    4.14374447  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\mt_xxpand_multi.avsi'
00001625    4.16363525  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\RoboLevels.avsi'
00001626    4.17112350  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVSI 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\RoboSplice.avsi'
00001627    4.20354271  AutoLoadPlugs: PASS 3 ... AVS
00001628    4.24828053  AutoLoadPlugs: Importing AVS 'D:\MyPlugins\TEST\MatchFrames.avs'
00001629    4.29655933  AutoLoadPlugs:
00001630    4.29818916  AutoLoadPlugs: CPP DLL Success =      42
00001631    4.29966164  AutoLoadPlugs: C v2.5 DLL Success =   2
00001632    4.30101299  AutoLoadPlugs: C v2.0 LOADER LOADED = 1
00001633    4.30237246  AutoLoadPlugs: C v2.0 DLL Success =   4
00001634    4.30371428  AutoLoadPlugs: DLL FAILED  =          187
00001635    4.30507469  AutoLoadPlugs: AVSI Success =         6
00001636    4.30632734  AutoLoadPlugs: AVS  Success =         1

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th August 2013 at 01:40.
Old 28th August 2013, 02:31   #10  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Yes you may only have 50 active plugins at one time, and if the plugins have diverse dependencies you may not even be able to have that many before you exceed the process mapped .dll limit.

Autoloading plugin's uses a different approach when it loads the plugin. It let's the plugin do any AddFunction calls it wants then unloads the .dll and flags those functions for reload on use.

See ScriptEnvironment::LoadPluginsMatching() in Avisynth.cpp for the details.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 02:38   #11  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Thank you for your answer Mr B, thought it was something like that.
Makes it sound even more like having a big Auto Load plugs dir, is not such a bad idea.

Old 28th August 2013, 07:24   #12  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I certainly did not expect any half as elaborate reply.

And with the AviSynth profiles, it may even be automatizable in the MeGUI (or with similar techniques in other GUIs).

New German Gleitz board
Old 28th August 2013, 21:05   #13  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You could (EDIT: perhaps) within the auto loaded plugins dir AutoLoadPlugs.AVSI, load eg CPU dependent plugs,
by appending a line calling the auto loader, I think Stickboy did a plug to GetCPU type,
although I'm not sure how you would ensure CPU dll would be loaded first (maybe Avisynth does
two pass, or just as it comes across dll/avsi), perhaps would need LoadPlugin on CPU dll first before
Autoload call to get CPU dependent dll's.

EDIT: Perhaps v2.6 is now ready for a greater plugin limit, memory constraints are now somewhat relaxed
since inception of Avisynth.

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th August 2013 at 21:15.
Old 28th August 2013, 22:13   #14  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
memory constraints are now somewhat relaxed
since inception of Avisynth.
How so? The 2GB address space limit for 32 Bit apps (or 4GB with some tweaking on 64 Bit systems) has been around for many years. What makes the memory constraints more relaxed?
Old 29th August 2013, 01:25   #15  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Sorry, I did try to answer earlier (mobile in pub) but could not.
what I meant was that back in 2002 (or there abouts) few people could dream about 2GB,
I could easily spare a 100MB or so extra overhead, I dont use MT stuff and would like
ability to choose what I want available, 50 plug limit seems restrictive.
For myself, My old m/c blew up and I bought a Core Duo duel core for £10 (well cheap, car boot, price of 3 beers)
(EDIT: 3GB, refuse to add another GB {which I got spare} and lose some,
6 hard drives (only came with one HD for $10), Gb network + more, but good £10 worth)
would love to have what you have got, but dont.
Perhaps I should have said, memory price constraints, instead. of memory constraints.

kiss + kiss.

EDIT: also got permanently available, at least two 3GHz single cores (used for any rendering) +
about 2 or 3 laptops, and about 6, 3Ghz single core (but usually in pieces), gotta put them all together one day.

Last edited by StainlessS; 29th August 2013 at 03:06.