Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 10th June 2007, 12:01   #1  |  Link
NHRaider

AVIS Codec issues...

Hopefully this is the correct place to post my question...

I'm trying to create a fake .avi from an .avs file (simple audio and video from .GRF file). I can play this .avs file in Windows Media Player without issue.

When I use MakeAVIS to create an .avi file from that .avs file, that file won't play in WMP due to codec error. When I load the .avi file into G-Spot it says that my video codec AVIS -Wrapper for Avisynth (Dummy Codec) - Codec not installed. I reinstalled the latest ffdshow which describled to include AVIS codec.

When I load the file in VirtualDub it states the error: "Video Codec 'Panasonic DV CODEC' is claiming to be able to compress formats that it doesn not actually support...please remove the errant codec or update to latest version". I have loaded the latest Panasonic DV codec and that didn't fix the problem.

So my question is what's wrong with what I'm doing? Is there something simple with configuration of ffdshow filter?

Thanks.
NHRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 15:29   #2  |  Link
mkanel

Many people seem to have trouble getting MakeAvis to work right. I can't claim to know anything about the process. Maybe someone who does could post a step by step guide to system set up and trouble shooting for MakeAvis.

In the meantime this is what I did http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114384, it worked for me, I don't exactly know why.
mkanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 20:11   #3  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

In ffdshow, did you enable decoding of avisynth, in both the normal decoder and vfw?
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 01:30   #4  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
In ffdshow, did you enable decoding of avisynth, in both the normal decoder and vfw?
Yes, both VFW and Video have avisynth enabled...

After a few tweaks...it seems that the MakeAVIS pings me with an error

DirectShowSource: couldn't open GRF file.video.grf: unspecified error (ffdshow_dec_script, line 1)

Here is the avs file:
Directshowsource("video.GRF", fps=23.976, audio=false, framecount=181623, seekzero=false, seek=true)
Old 11th June 2007, 08:01   #5  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRaider View Post
DirectShowSource: couldn't open GRF file.video.grf: unspecified error (ffdshow_dec_script, line 1)
I bet it will work a whole lot better once you add the full path to your GRF file into your DirectShowSource call...

Where the current working directory is is one of the last true mysteries as far as AviSynth is concerned, so adding full paths is a good idea most of the time...
Old 11th June 2007, 10:57   #6  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
I bet it will work a whole lot better once you add the full path to your GRF file into your DirectShowSource call...

Where the current working directory is is one of the last true mysteries as far as AviSynth is concerned, so adding full paths is a good idea most of the time...
Well who would have thought that would be one of the problems?! I didn't put full path since the playing the .avs file directly in WM Player doesn't need that...nor does WM Encoder...

Well...I can create the avi with the video...but when I add the audio line it crashes MakeAVIS...

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!
Old 13th November 2007, 22:47   #7  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

I found and fix old (since 2003 ?) small bugs in MakeAVIS mode "store uncompressed audio".
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...86#post1064486

This way makeAVIS works fine in "store uncompressed audio" mode, but only if Bits per audio Sample is 8 or 16.

For 32 bit (integer or float) audio it produces non-playable avi.
(32 bit PCM is not valid),
but Avisynth often produces 32 bit.
Workaround: use convertAudioTo16bit() in this case

Bug fixed in v.1603. Temporary link:
http://avisynth.org.ru/tmp/makeavis1603.zip

(VC8 redist)
updated in FFDShow-tryout beta4

BTW, I try collect information (for updated FAQ), what programs (NLE editors, encoders) can open AVS scripts directly, what are need in fake avi (like MakeAVIS, VFAPI), what colorspace are supported, etc.

Last edited by Fizick; 13th December 2007 at 13:48.
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote