Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 9th September 2009, 12:15   #2261  |  Link
gaspah

i'm still unable to cure this problem with the speckles, blips and blocks that have invaded my encodes.. here are the x264 configuration that I last used but still having problems

program --preset fast --tune film --pass 3 --bitrate 700 --stats ".stats" --slow-firstpass --thread-input --output "output" "input"

Modes:
Turbo - No
Lossless - No
Automated 3pass
Bitrate - 700
AVC Profiles - Autoguess
AVC Level - Unrestricted/Autoguess
Tunings - Film
Presets - Fast
No advanced settings

i create d2v files with the tool provided, currently using Anamorphic with 'undercrop to mod16', no resize, PAL 1.82 16:9.

anyone pls help me?
Old 9th September 2009, 12:55   #2262  |  Link
nurbs

Use DGsplit to cut a small sample from the vob where the problem is visible. Post it on mediafire or another site like that. Then we can at least find out if the issue is your file or something else.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:49   #2263  |  Link
Ice Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Dragon View Post
Sorry i think i was not clear enough.

Currently i am encoding via somewhat long process.
For example i have an mkv media file with inbuilt sub that i want to encode.
So at present i am doing
* Demuxing the source to two separate files i.e. media and sub.
* encoding the new media file(without sub)
* Finally muxing the above mentioned sub to the output media to get the final output.

The source i mentioned are mkv files with srt subs. So if i directly encode them in megui the subs are getting hardcoded (burned directly on the video frame).

So what i wanted to know was, is there a way to skip the initial demuxing process.
That is megui directly copying the subs inside the source container to final output container (soft sub).
Anyone
Old 9th September 2009, 13:59   #2264  |  Link
gaspah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbs View Post
Use DGsplit to cut a small sample from the vob where the problem is visible. Post it on mediafire or another site like that. Then we can at least find out if the issue is your file or something else.
I have tried it with 5 different sources, all presenting the same issue, replaying of the source .vob files that have been put in the directory where dgindex is reading them from shows no problems, side by side the difference in glitches is very noticeable. I'm going to try with lossless ticked tonight see if that helps.

Also the .vob files that i'm translating to my pc are of a bit of a personal nature and wouldn't feel comfortable sharing them with the general public. I can say with certainty that the source files are clean. Thanks for trying to help tho.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:50   #2265  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Dragon View Post
So what i wanted to know was, is there a way to skip the initial demuxing process.
not in the current releases...

@gaspah: without samples, we can't help you...
Old 9th September 2009, 15:09   #2266  |  Link
Ice Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
not in the current releases...
Ok thanks for the info.

Also thanks for the update server
Old 9th September 2009, 16:47   #2267  |  Link
XhmikosR

@Kurtnoise: Can you remove from the NicAudio_r204 the folder Sources and uNicAudio_204? Also rename the readme file as it was in NicAudio_203.zip in order to not place duplicate files in the Avisynth Plugins folder? I'm talking about the zip in the mirror you've set up.
Old 10th September 2009, 05:31   #2268  |  Link
m3mbran3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspah View Post
i'm still unable to cure this problem with the speckles, blips and blocks that have invaded my encodes.. here are the x264 configuration that I last used but still having problems

program --preset fast --tune film --pass 3 --bitrate 700 --stats ".stats" --slow-firstpass --thread-input --output "output" "input"

Modes:
Turbo - No
Lossless - No
Automated 3pass
Bitrate - 700
AVC Profiles - Autoguess
AVC Level - Unrestricted/Autoguess
Tunings - Film
Presets - Fast
No advanced settings

i create d2v files with the tool provided, currently using Anamorphic with 'undercrop to mod16', no resize, PAL 1.82 16:9.

anyone pls help me?
I can almost certainly say it is because of your encoding settings. A bitrate of 700kbps for a DVD source is rather low and using the Fast preset will not help matters. I suggest your trim a section of video and run a few different encodes until you get a result that you are happy with.

i.e. start encoding at 2000kbps and scale it back until you get an acceptable result. Also rather than doing a 3pass on Fast preset do a 2pass on Medium for better results / similar encode times.
Old 10th September 2009, 08:24   #2269  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
@Kurtnoise: Can you remove from the NicAudio_r204 the folder Sources and uNicAudio_204? Also rename the readme file as it was in NicAudio_203.zip in order to not place duplicate files in the Avisynth Plugins folder? I'm talking about the zip in the mirror you've set up.
done...
Old 11th September 2009, 13:30   #2270  |  Link
gaspah

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mbran3 View Post
I can almost certainly say it is because of your encoding settings. A bitrate of 700kbps for a DVD source is rather low and using the Fast preset will not help matters. I suggest your trim a section of video and run a few different encodes until you get a result that you are happy with.

i.e. start encoding at 2000kbps and scale it back until you get an acceptable result. Also rather than doing a 3pass on Fast preset do a 2pass on Medium for better results / similar encode times.
i tried doing it again with a 3min chunk and finished with a 230mb file, i don't think it was the bitrate as what i was encoding was set to a specific size, ie 700mb per hour increased or decreased depending on which file i was encoding. I set my 3min encode to 700mb to remove all doubt on my mind that the size/bitrate had something to do with the equation. The output file came out just as dirty as all the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
@gaspah: without samples, we can't help you...
do you have a suggestion of a small dvd ifo that i can download, encode and return? something that'll be ideal to encode to display such errors? i'm certain that this will happen with any dvd ifo with this encoder behaving as it is at present.

thankyou both for replying to my query.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:50   #2271  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

after you have ripped your DVD on the hard drive, cut a sample from VOB files uisng DGSplit and upload it somewhere (mediafire.com or something...)
Old 18th September 2009, 02:20   #2272  |  Link
PzSniper

THIS tool is AMAZING! Inspector Gadget helped me appreciate what magics MeGui can do!
Old 18th September 2009, 21:57   #2273  |  Link
PzSniper

Seems someone deleted my post for MeGUI donation, very rude! No pm, no explain.

Thanx
Old 18th September 2009, 22:08   #2274  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

all admins from MeGUI SF webpage need to have a registered paypal account to enable donations. For the moment, I'm the only one...If you still want to give some money, just ping Doom9 himself via http://www.doom9.org/donate.htm
Old 21st September 2009, 02:13   #2275  |  Link
BlindBandit

MeGUI need the Zune HD profile in there next update : )
Old 21st September 2009, 10:32   #2276  |  Link
XadoX

Is there a way to show the used options of the new megui profiles. So I can quick check if a special option is used in the choosen profile.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:16   #2277  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

you better wait the next update (both build & presets)...
Old 21st September 2009, 11:17   #2278  |  Link
XadoX

Thanx.
Old 4th October 2009, 06:26   #2279  |  Link
ChibiBoi

xvid filesize too big

i used the megui bitrate calculator to get my encode to 175mb, with the xvid hq profile, it imported the calculated bitrate into the profile settings, but when i encode, the video comes out at 280mb! is there any way to fix this?
Old 7th October 2009, 08:35   #2280  |  Link
AMED

Overcrop not applying when opening avisynth editor

I've found a very very small bug when the avisynth editor loads any avisynth profile that has the overcrop to achieve mod 16 enabled. the overcrop will not be applied unless the user clicks the clever anamorphic drop down and reselects overcrop.

how to reproduce,

1. Open Avisynth editor and create a new profile that has Overcrop enabled.
2. Select the newly created profile in the avisynth profile drop down and close avisynth creator.
3. reopen the avisynth and look at where it says crop.
4. now click on the clever anamorphic drop down box and reselect overcrop, now look where it says crop (it should now say crop (will be rounded up to mod16)

if you make multiple profiles that have overcrop enabled, and go through them the overcrop will still not activate unless you reselect it in the clever anamorphic drop down box.

using MeGUI v0.3.1.1056

Last edited by AMED; 7th October 2009 at 08:38. Reason: forgot MeGUI version number
Closed Thread