Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2006, 07:44   #1861  |  Link
DarkFoon
Awakened to video Dec2003

Well, then the VFW camp is screwed.
How unfortunate.

My Quant Matrices:
Caerulea
For MPEG-2 DVD Destination Anime

Simple Lo
General Purpose MPEG-2 (tested with anime only)
Old 12th March 2006, 07:52   #1862  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
Also remember doom9 closed all the vfw help threads, feature request threads, and development threads.....so I kinda think the boards position on the subject is made.
ahh so now you can read minds too ? i have to assume that since no reason was given for the closure except in the case of people asking about features being added to the vfw version. in that case it was simply that it had been asked many times before and people asking again would infact be violating rule 1/1a.

however look at what those threads turned in to, exactly what you are seeing here now. nothing more than the same things being pushed by the exact same people. both pushing for vfw to be updated or pushing for people to stop using it do not really belong here. the first has been answered in a sticky, which opponents of vfw should be pointing out, instead of posting the same thing repeatedly, and the second should be stopped just as hard IMHO because it advances nothing. just pushes ,not suggests, a persons opinion on what others should do or use. you want to give real reasons then make 1 post, such as the sticky i suggested, and point to that. arguing or trying to ram your opinion down someones throat with multiple posts every time someone asks something will get you nowhere.

if all else fails you CAN ignore such posts ,as you have already been told.
Old 12th March 2006, 08:44   #1863  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Your doing the same thing you protesting against. your telling me to not say anything about being anti-vfw. you are saying they have a right to talk. so basically your saying they can talk but I can't? I could remind them as many times as I want the problems with AVC in vfw. as long as there are people posting about it I will continue to advocate against it. Until both sides STFU completely I will continue to advocate for the cause.
Old 12th March 2006, 09:41   #1864  |  Link
max-holz

Which is the use of --enable-shared?
Old 12th March 2006, 09:58   #1865  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

--enable-shared build libx264.so
Old 12th March 2006, 10:03   #1866  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-holz
Which is the use of --enable-shared?
If you don't know, then it's not for you.
Old 12th March 2006, 11:07   #1867  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
Originally Posted by akupenguin
If you don't know, then it's not for you.
As I can understand is not for win OS.
Old 12th March 2006, 12:24   #1868  |  Link
squid_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
So posting about x264 VFW problems can only make us (the ones you call anti-vfw) swear to remove the x264 VFW completely from the project and that will only piss the devs...
Removing vfw completely from x264 would be quite a disaster, since avisynth is vfw based... Strange that none of the anti-vfw posts have mentioned this.
Old 12th March 2006, 12:31   #1869  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
Your doing the same thing you protesting against.
hmm so me asking for all this constant repeating of the same b.s. to stop is the same as what you are doing ? riiiight.

Quote:
your telling me to not say anything about being anti-vfw. you are saying they have a right to talk. so basically your saying they can talk but I can't?
try actually reading what i typed instead of trying to say i said something i didnt.
i said to put your arguements in 1 thread, preferably a sticky, and point to that instead of these pointless arguements that keep going on and get nowhere. also you could then mention they would be breaking rule 1/1a, especially so if it was a sticky so stuck there for all to see.

Quote:
as long as there are people posting about it I will continue to advocate against it. Until both sides STFU completely I will continue to advocate for the cause.
cause ? its now a crusade is it ?
nobody is asking you to like it and nobody is saying you have to answer questions about it. you do that on your own. however you also contribute greatly to this thread pollution whenever it starts. i have suggested what i think would be a better and cleaner way to handle it. if you dont like that idea then why not suggest a better way yourself, because all these repetative posts are just a waste of space and convices nobody of anything.
Old 12th March 2006, 14:01   #1870  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80
Removing vfw completely from x264 would be quite a disaster, since avisynth is vfw based... Strange that none of the anti-vfw posts have mentioned this.
LoadLibrary("avisynth.dll");
See avs2yuv for an implementation this way. No vfw involved, unless of course the script itself uses it, but that wouldn't be x264's problem.

Last edited by akupenguin; 12th March 2006 at 14:03.
Old 12th March 2006, 18:07   #1871  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

DarkFoon and dragongodz have you finished polluting this thread with you VFW bullshit?
No support for VFW here, and please stop discussing about it.
This thread is about x264 development and x264 VFW is not part of x264 development. it's mantained by contributors and actually there aren't any.
read the stickies and STFU, please.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 12th March 2006 at 18:14.
Old 12th March 2006, 18:38   #1872  |  Link

@Sharktooth

Please read and follow forum rules, specifically, rule 4: be nice to each other, do not use profanities, etc.

http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm
Old 12th March 2006, 18:39   #1873  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

please... fair play !
no offensive word or whatever to offence

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 12th March 2006, 18:51   #1874  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
@Sharktooth

Please read and follow forum rules, specifically, rule 4: be nice to each other, do not use profanities, etc.

http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm
i played fair till now. there are stickies and other threads where discussing those things.
everytime i get here there are ppl whining about something that's cleartly wrong...
im sick of repeating always the same things (as other competent ppl do and keep doing).

Last edited by Sharktooth; 12th March 2006 at 18:55.
Closed Thread