Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st December 2011, 07:14   #601  |  Link
Skarabey

I've cut out a piece of movie with mkvmerge, have converted it and have no problems with sound. This is strange. What then happens with converting a whole movie?
Skarabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 09:15   #602  |  Link
Selur

I got no clue, what is causing the problem.
May be your source is somehow not proper and it helps to open it and save it again under another name with mkvmerge so that the container will be rewritten,...

Cu Selur
Old 3rd December 2011, 21:32   #603  |  Link
iSeries

Hi Selur,

Just playing around with Hybrid for the first time today.

I was just wondering what the purpose of the explicitly named switches in the command line are for? I thought for progressive blu ray encoding all that was needed in the command line was the --preset and --bluray-compat, plus --level --keyint --vbv-maxrate --vbv-bufsize --sar 1:1 and --slices 4 switches, plus --open-gop if preferred and maybe --pic-struct if required for verification. Are any of the explicitly named switches in the default command line different from the presets?

Also when I input a 24/1001 1080p BD, the default command line had a --keyint setting of 48, despite having a maxrate and bufsize setting greater than 15mpbs?
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 01:14   #604  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Also when I input a 24/1001 1080p BD, the default command line had a --keyint setting of 48, despite having a maxrate and bufsize setting greater than 15mpbs?
atm. gop max is restricted by the bitrate you aim for not the maxrate and bufsize:int bitrate = model->intValue("bitrate");
int gopMax = model->intValue("gopMaximum");
int max;
if (hardware == QObject::tr("Blu-ray/AVCHD")) {
if (bitrate <= 15000) {
max = (2 * gopMax < 1) ? 1 : 2 * int(model->doubleValue("videoFramerate") + 0.5);
} else {
max = (gopMax < 1) ? 1 : int(model->doubleValue("videoFramerate") + 0.5);
}
} else {
max = 10000;
}
this->doSet(model, "gopMaximum", "maximum", QVariant(max));[/code]
you might be right that this might cause a problem with crf, but iirc. 'bluray-compat' should overwrite this,..

Quote:
Are any of the explicitly named switches in the default command line different from the presets?
hybrid defaults are not the x264 defaults,.. Hybrid will try to minimize the command line call,..

Cu Selur
Old 4th December 2011, 01:40   #605  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
atm. gop max is restricted by the bitrate you aim for not the maxrate and bufsize:int bitrate = model->intValue("bitrate");
int gopMax = model->intValue("gopMaximum");
int max;
if (hardware == QObject::tr("Blu-ray/AVCHD")) {
if (bitrate <= 15000) {
max = (2 * gopMax < 1) ? 1 : 2 * int(model->doubleValue("videoFramerate") + 0.5);
} else {
max = (gopMax < 1) ? 1 : int(model->doubleValue("videoFramerate") + 0.5);
}
} else {
max = 10000;
}
this->doSet(model, "gopMaximum", "maximum", QVariant(max));[/code]
you might be right that this might cause a problem with crf, but iirc. 'bluray-compat' should overwrite this,..
Ah thanks for the explanation, makes sense now (was trying for CRF18). It was no trouble to change the keyint setting anyway.

Quote:
hybrid defaults are not the x264 defaults,.. Hybrid will try to minimize the command line call,..

Cu Selur
Is there any way to just use the x264 defaults for a given preset?
Old 4th December 2011, 01:51   #606  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Is there any way to just use the x264 defaults for a given preset?
Okay, I did not make myself clear there.
1. Hybrid got it's own defaults that to not match with any x264 preset
2. If you call a preset (very slow, slow,...) in Hybrid, the preset should match the x264 presets as far as the preset covers all the settings (and unless I made a mistake)
If you for example start Hybrid and trigger preset->medium->apply Hybrid will set the settings to the x264 defaults. (profile, level, lookahead, vbv, etc. will still show up in the command line since, Hybrid will always enforce a profile&level combination unless you select none&unrestricted)

Cu Selur
Old 4th December 2011, 01:59   #607  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Okay, I did not make myself clear there.
1. Hybrid got it's own defaults that to not match with any x264 preset
2. If you call a preset (very slow, slow,...) in Hybrid, the preset should match the x264 presets as far as the preset covers all the settings (and unless I made a mistake)
If you for example start Hybrid and trigger preset->medium->apply Hybrid will set the settings to the x264 defaults. (profile, level, lookahead, vbv, etc. will still show up in the command line since, Hybrid will always enforce a profile&level combination unless you select none&unrestricted)

Cu Selur
Ok great, thanks again for explaining. So then just selecting a preset and level will automatically set the defaults for that preset.

Great stuff, can't believe I've only just discovered Hybrid!
Old 21st December 2011, 07:57   #608  |  Link
CommonMortal

Hello, i really like your program, but some suggestions:

1) Simplify the interface. I mean, make it more immediate. I come from AsxGUI and you can do all settings in a few seconds. With yours i end up forgetting something. Too many menus, submenus, filters. Also the way the log is working is confusing a bit.
2) Maybe it would be better if Hybrid's default settings were x264's official ones? For example preset default?

In any case, very thorough program, thank you.
CommonMortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 08:07   #609  |  Link
Selur

regarding 1.: Hybrid is not ment as a one click tool and since it has a lot of settings it needs a lot of menus or a long wizard like GUI. Personally I create myself a few profiles and limit the amount of clicks to a minimum.
regarding 2.: maybe, but personally I prefer my own. If you want Hybrid to start with the default x264 defaults: set the x264 Restriction Settings to None/unrestricted, apply the default preset, go to Config->Defaults->Save select x264Model and press selected. This way you change the default x264 settings to you liking.

Cu Selur
Old 21st December 2011, 08:16   #610  |  Link
CommonMortal

Quote:
regarding 1.: Hybrid is not ment as a one click tool and since it has a lot of settings it needs a lot of menus or a long wizard like GUI. Personally I create myself a few profiles and limit the amount of clicks to a minimum.
Just my usual luck... Well, it's your program, whatever makes you happy.

Quote:
regarding 2.: maybe, but personally I prefer my own. If you want Hybrid to start with the default x264 defaults: set the x264 Restriction Settings to None/unrestricted, apply the default preset, go to Config->Defaults->Save select x264Model and press selected. This way you change the default x264 settings to you liking.

Cu Selur
Ah, thanks. That's interesting.
CommonMortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:39   #611  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid rev 2011.12.23.1:

*fixed*
  • audio: pcm extension and pcm handling problems
  • jobs: handling of broken jobs
  • x264: adaptive dct only disabled for base profile
*added*
  • rudimentary mov container support
  • pcm encoding
  • dts encoding through dcaenc
  • demux: extract streams with ffmpeg option
  • video: rudimentary ProRes encoding support
  • option to enable adjust audio&subtitle adjustment on title change (not only on initial load)
  • 'delaycut' and option to use delaycut to remove delays
  • 'ignore'-parameter to misc.ini, if misc.ini contains for example: ignore=delaycut;neroaacenc Hybrid will not post warnings about missing a delaycut or neroaacenc binary
*changed*
  • linux: removed 'warning' about missing avsInfo
  • linux64: removed nero LineEdit&PushButton

-> downloads: http://www.selur.de/downloads

Cu Selur
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:01   #612  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

is dcaenc for linux only?

Hadn't heard of it until you posted these updates and found this page http://aepatrakov.narod.ru/dcaenc/
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:05   #613  |  Link
Selur

Nope, the hybrid installer (and win32 package) includes a window build (thx to LorD_MuldeR for that), for addition infos regarding dcaenc, also see: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163526 (there's also a download link to the win32 binary)

Cu Selur
Old 23rd December 2011, 19:46   #614  |  Link
Skarabey

Quote:
regarding 1.: Hybrid is not ment as a one click tool and since it has a lot of settings it needs a lot of menus or a long wizard like GUI.

Cu Selur
I absolutely agree with you. I can't stand one click tools, I prefer to choose the options themselves, rather than rely on someone else presets. You made an excellent tool.
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:08   #615  |  Link
Skarabey

I have one trouble with previous 32-bit Windows version of Hybrid. It crushed on the last stage of the process.

Fragment of the log:
"deleted C:\VIDEOS\temp\City.Lights_21_35_11_421_04.stats
deleted C:\VIDEOS\temp\City.Lights_21_35_11_421_04.stats.mbtree
Starting Main@10:35:03.785:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\MP4Box.exe" -fps 25 -add "C:\VIDEOS\temp\City.Lights_21_35_11_421_05.264"#videoar=1/1 -brand avc1 -add "C:\VIDEOS\temp\City.Lights_ru_aid_1__21_35_11_421_02.ac3"#audio -tmp "C:\VIDEOS\temp" -new "C:\VIDEOS\Movies\City.Lights.mp4"
QProcess::FailedToStart"
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:02   #616  |  Link
Selur

MP4Box call looks fine, and the temp files should all be still there, so you could just try to call:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\MP4Box.exe" -fps 25 -add "C:\VIDEOS\temp\City.Lights_21_35_11_421_05.264"#video:par=1/1 -brand avc1 -add "C:\VIDEOS\temp\City.Lights_ru_aid_1__21_35_11_421_02.ac3"#audio -tmp "C:\VIDEOS\temp" -new "C:\VIDEOS\Movies\City.Lights.mp4"
in a console and see if MP4Box is complaining about something,...

Cu Selur
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:39   #617  |  Link
Skarabey

I tried to mux .264 and .ac3 files with YAMB and I got the good result .mp4 file.
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:42   #618  |  Link
Selur

Can't fix anything in Hybrid unless I know what's going wrong and unless you are willing to run the call in the console I'm forced to just ignore the problem since I can't reproduce it here.

Cu Selur
Old 24th December 2011, 00:38   #619  |  Link
Skarabey

I tried to call in the console, but mp4box crushed, because it didn't find libraries libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. I found their in the my Filezilla (???), copied their into hybrid folder and run mp4box in the console again. Mp4box worked properly. I got mp4-file. Here's a mystique.
Old 24th December 2011, 07:21   #620  |  Link
Selur

Strange,.. seems like I included a wrong mp4box exe in the windows packages -> will fix

Last edited by Selur; 24th December 2011 at 07:23.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote