Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2010, 00:09   #12001  |  Link
bbwolff

I didn't read all 600 pages
is there a way to skip 10 seconds forward like in some other players?
will that be added in the fture
it's great for skipping some boring part of the video or to quickly find what you're looking foe.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:44   #12002  |  Link
XhmikosR

@bbwolff: ctrl+right and set the milliseconds in the Options-->Tweaks page.
Old 25th February 2010, 03:38   #12003  |  Link
Tom Keller

I got some strange behaviour with the latest svn revisions. While playing DVD videos with enabled internal audio switcher, sometimes i wont get any sound in the menus. When starting the movie or jumping manually to the title or main menu, the sound "magically" reappears.

Strangely enough, this wont happen very often while using the system default audio renderer (DirectSound => Asus Xonar DX). But it happens most of the time while using ReClock as audio renderer (tested with v1.8.6.2 & v1.8.6.3). It doesn't matter which audio decoder i use - it's always the same. And it only happens with video DVDs. Disabling the audio switcher helps - but it's very annoying, cause i need the audio switcher to set a negative delay, ensuring audio/video synchronicity on my TV.

Till svn 1613 there was no problem at all. Sadly the whole mess started with svn 1623... an no change up to svn 1694 .
Old 25th February 2010, 07:59   #12004  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 1697

Supported languages: BR, BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SE, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

Changes (1695-1697):
  • updated Ukrainian translation [arestarh];
  • Change : Go to the next/previous file in the directory on the user's click on "skip back"/"skip forward";
  • small change in files autoplay algorithm;
  • code cleanup;
  • update Russian translate.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:43   #12005  |  Link
decapitado

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
[*]Change : Go to the next/previous file in the directory on the user's click on "skip back"/"skip forward"; [/LIST]
Great
Old 25th February 2010, 17:40   #12006  |  Link
Casshern

48khz mono 24 bit m2ts (l)pcm bug

Hi Casimir666,

There seems to be a long standing bug in the mpc hc m2ts splitter, which affects almost all criterion blu rays (they mostly use mono):

I made a small 5 sec sample, where you can hear the bug pretty clearly. Interestingly the video ends after 5 seconds and the audio is still playing another 5 seconds with mpc hc + ffdshow(as a audio decoder) at half speed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/omtnmdnjiyy/sample.m2ts

tal.aloni, debugged this in ffdshow and found that the sample works fine with the haali splitter, so the bug must be in the m2ts splitter of mpc hc.

If you find the time, could you please look at this, it seems easy to fix!
Old 25th February 2010, 18:39   #12007  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?

hey guys,

I'd like to know why I'm unable to get the internal mpeg2 dxva to work...

my setup:

- win7 home premium
- graphic card:

latest available OEM driver:

- mpc hc output: EVR sync (though EVR/ EVR cp won't work either) ...

when I choose mpeg-dxva via mpc hc it won't get used but another mpeg2 decoder is used (for example, for testing purposes I've installed CyberLink's PowerDVD9 MPEG-2 decoder v8.4.0.1014 et voilą with the above mentioned settings dxva is working and even the internal microsoft mpeg2 decoder - it's called DTV if I re-call correct - will use dxva for decoding) but no luck with mpc's mpeg dxva decoding...

for VC-1 and h.264 ffdshow's respectively mpc-hc's dxva works flawless but no luck with the internal mpeg2 dxva decoding...

it doesn't bug me that much but I'm interested why I can't get to work...

maybe someone can help to track it down to false setting I've done or whatever...

thanks in advance

edit: dxva checker...

Last edited by sillKotscha; 25th February 2010 at 18:48.
Old 25th February 2010, 19:17   #12008  |  Link
X-Dron

Pls, close
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/306
Old 25th February 2010, 20:00   #12009  |  Link
Spec-Chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Dron View Post
Done...
Old 25th February 2010, 20:32   #12010  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
@tetsuo55: since you were interested in managing an open-source project, maybe you know this, but here is a short interesting article: http://lwn.net/Articles/370157/.
Good read, thanks
Old 25th February 2010, 20:42   #12011  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

tetsuo55, now that you're opening threads for reporting splitter issues, maybe you could open one up for the internal ASF splitter. The "Use WM ASF Reader" option in "Tweaks" doesn't seem affect which splitter is used, and whether the box is checked or not, I consistently get 20-30 dropped initial frames on WMV1/2/3/VC-1 in ASF content when using MPC-HC. The same does not appear to happen when using WMP11 on Vista x64. In each case, I am using the WMVideo Decoder DMO and WMAudio DMO for the actual decoding. Using ffdshow as a wrapper for the WMV9 decoder or not doesn't make a difference. Thanks.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:47   #12012  |  Link
rack04

Is it still recommended to use Haali for mkv splitting or have the bugs in the internal mkv splitter been fixed/
Old 25th February 2010, 21:01   #12013  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
tetsuo55, now that you're opening threads for reporting splitter issues, maybe you could open one up for the internal ASF splitter. The "Use WM ASF Reader" option in "Tweaks" doesn't seem affect which splitter is used, and whether the box is checked or not, I consistently get 20-30 dropped initial frames on WMV1/2/3/VC-1 in ASF content when using MPC-HC. The same does not appear to happen when using WMP11 on Vista x64. In each case, I am using the WMVideo Decoder DMO and WMAudio DMO for the actual decoding. Using ffdshow as a wrapper for the WMV9 decoder or not doesn't make a difference. Thanks.
I decided against opening a thread for wmv/asf, but we will get back to that at some point
Old 25th February 2010, 21:03   #12014  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Is it still recommended to use Haali for mkv splitting or have the bugs in the internal mkv splitter been fixed/
both our splitter and haali's have exactly oposite problems. so it depends on your file
Old 26th February 2010, 00:02   #12015  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillKotscha View Post
hey guys,
I'd like to know why I'm unable to get the internal mpeg2 dxva to work...
Video must support mode - MPEG2_VLD.
Old 26th February 2010, 02:29   #12016  |  Link
rob4eiwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4eiwt View Post
On monitors with small pixel pitch it is necessary to set windows xp display properties appearance to [large fonts] and dpi to [large 120dpi]. Using those 2 settings the following error occurs:

The [Help] button has been pushed to a second row.

Would someone please fix this error?

This might help

Microsoft page on making application high dpi aware
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx
Old 26th February 2010, 07:22   #12017  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Video must support mode - MPEG2_VLD.
and that means?

because as I said... I get mpeg2 dxva decoding to work with every other decoder but not with build in one ...
Old 26th February 2010, 08:05   #12018  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
and that means?

because as I said... I get mpeg2 dxva decoding to work with every other decoder but not with build in one ...
You video support ModeMPEG2_IDCT mode, all decoder(ArcSoft, Cyberlink, Nero, Microsoft ...) support this mode.
But MpcVideoDecoder support only ModeMPEG2_VLD for MPEG2+DXVA.
Old 26th February 2010, 09:11   #12019  |  Link
Mike5

Quote:
and that means?
A longer explanation (maybe can be useful for others too):

The decoding process is actually made up of several phases:

- Reverse Entropy
- IDCT (Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform)
- MoComp (Motion Compensation)
- Deblocking

A video card can support DXVA for one or more of the phases. You can see which using DXVA Checker. The name of the mode indicates which phase is supported. VLD (Variable Length Decoder) means the decoding process is supported as a whole: alla phases are supported, a mode known also as bitstream.

You video card (as any recent ATI) supports VLD mode for H.264 and VC1, but not for MPEG2, where only IDCT is supported.

Commercial players (like TMT, PDVD, etc...) support IDCT DXVA and thus you have DXVA with them. MPC-HC supports only bitstream (VLD) and thus you have DXVA for H.264 and VC1 only, not for MPEG2.

This is not considered a big problem, though, becuase MPEG2 decoding in software is generally not a big burden for modern CPU.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:38   #12020  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
A longer explanation (maybe can be useful for others too):

The decoding process is actually made up of several phases:

- Reverse Entropy
- IDCT (Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform)
- MoComp (Motion Compensation)
- Deblocking

A video card can support DXVA for one or more of the phases. You can see which using DXVA Checker. The name of the mode indicates which phase is supported. VLD (Variable Length Decoder) means the decoding process is supported as a whole: alla phases are supported, a mode known also as bitstream.

You video card (as any recent ATI) supports VLD mode for H.264 and VC1, but not for MPEG2, where only IDCT is supported.

Commercial players (like TMT, PDVD, etc...) support IDCT DXVA and thus you have DXVA with them. MPC-HC supports only bitstream (VLD) and thus you have DXVA for H.264 and VC1 only, not for MPEG2.

This is not considered a big problem, though, becuase MPEG2 decoding in software is generally not a big burden for modern CPU.
Hi Mark5,

Regarding the banding issue we discussed in AVS, I'd like to ask if it's possible for MPC-HC DXVA decoder to use dynamic range settings in CCC? I suddenly have the idea of using AVIVO to do luma expansion instead of EVR (to avoid banding). PowerDVD seems to work well to address the banding issue, and do you know what technique do they use? Thanks a lot!
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc